Driving to London from Glasgow

graeme2020uk

How much do you think it would cost, im not a motorist myself. But it thought as it falls in the summer holidays (here in scotland) perhaps i could take my niece and nephews down...kind of like a day out. But im unsure of how much it would cost....i was offered to be driven to Manchester last time and when it was said it would be 70 quid....i was glad i got my £1.00 coach ticket lol. I was planning on taking someone with me to London so bare in mind i would need to pay 2 return train fares. Im not doing coaches this time. I know its gonna be more than 2 train fares ie . around 70 or 80 quid. Im just wantin to know how much more.

I drive from Milton Keynes to Glasgow quite regularly so i could give you a rough guide as London is about another hour from MK. It usually takes a full tank in my 1.2 clio and the last time I did it cost me £50 one way. I did use less going up but took a lot of the back roads and did 50mph rather than the motorway doing 70+mph. Depending on the car and the speed you do, you could probably just about do it on a tank but i'd say on petrol prices now, it would cost about £60-£70 one way.

Think about car park prices too - not sure where people who drive to LFCC usually park, but if you park at Earls Court itself...well:

"General Parking

Up to 2 hours: £6.00

2-4 hours: £12.00

4-6 hours: £18.00

6-10 hours: £24.00

10-24 hours: £32.00

Pre-booked car parking

The following charges are all for a full day's parking.

Telephone bookings for cars: £19.00 plus £1.50 booking fee

Online bookings for cars: £17.00 plus £1.50 booking fee"

Thanks guys.It is a bit much,perhaps my sister could pay one half.I was only thinking of a day out.My bro in law used to drive back and forward to Manchester quite regularly as he has family there. I know hes been to London several times, ive no idea what kind of car it is ......i know its an S registration lol. I just wanted a rough idea as i dont wanna pay more than i need to...and their the type that as long as it wasnt costing them anything theyd happily let me pay out. I was just thinking about my niece and nephews, get them out of Glasgow for a while.

Id seriously consider getting the train Graeme. Virgin have some great ticket offers on at the moment.

My mum regularly travels from the Midlands to Glasgow to attend Billy Boyd / BeeCake gigs and was pleasantly suprised when i managed to get her a £15 return ticket recently.

I've just booked her a ticket for next month to glasgow for £1 each way !! I'm sure there's a great deal to be had for journeys to London from Glasgow aswell.

Edited by DisneyDude78

Simple. Go to Virgin Trains website or give them a call. Depending WHEN you call is WHEN you should get the best deals. Right now they have a promotion on for some seriously silly ticket prices. Perfect time to enquire about tix to London.

Google VirginTrainFares, it's a separate site from Virgins' usual one, and it's the one that had the cheaper tickets.

Their currently doing a £126 return....maybe there will be more quieter times.

Ive just seen a single to London from Glasgow at £4.00 singles there and back going to Victoria Coach Station.Can anyone tell me how far that is for the venue? That means £16 altogether.I can afford that! lol

Ive just seen a single to London from Glasgow at £4.00 singles there and back going to Victoria Coach Station.Can anyone tell me how far that is for the venue? That means £16 altogether.I can afford that! lol

Its a 10 minute tube on the district line

Its a 10 minute tube on the district line

Or about 40 minutes on the C1 bus, should Graeme still think that the tube is the work of Satan, or more complicated than brain surgery :YAHOO:

If you are travelling with children you could consider a family rail pass. we get from inverness to London return for around a £150 for 4 of us. You can go down on the sleeper one night and back up the next. saves driving with children.

I think my dads keen on going......ive still to mention to my sister.And your right.....there are some great train prices out there and im grateful to everyone who replyed.I suppose my problem now is whether Malcolm will attend on the saturday or not........i think he will. But cant afford to stay overnight in London.The whole point was meant to be a day out and for me to go and meet him.Im certainly not going to buy 2 sets of tickets just incase hes only doing one day.....and it ends up being a sunday,therefore i lose out.