A Great idea for a con but....

Man I would LOVE to go to this event but they have announced it with only a month and a halfs notice. I have commitments, like many people and therefore cannot make these dates.

Im so gutted. I love Red Dwarf and this would be just the best, if only I had at least 3 months notice I could probably wangle something! My friends are the same. I told them about it and their faces lit up, until I told them the dates....

With Lockdown and others we get MONTHS notice, but a month and a half?! Even if you do have people that can make those dates its hardly enough time to promote it enough!

So So Gutted! :D

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been a big fan of RD since the first season was aired many years ago and would have loved to have gone.

I go on holiday at the end of this month and going to LFACC in July, so just cannot afford a Con in June.

Have to admit the timing does seem a bit odd. There is clearly a demand for a Red Dwarf event and it is probably one of the few shows where the overwhelming majority of the main cast are willing to do events like this. Just seems that by pushing ahead with it this quickly there is less chance of guests being able to appear at short notice (seems neither Holly can make it already) and that for a lot of punters it would seem very short notice to put money together, re-arrange diaries etc.

Very odd!

It's a shame people can't go for personal reasons, but the thread is more about the "short notice" of the con ....

I'm sure there are reasons it's timed the way it is - SMs can't tailor it to everyone's circumstances :unsure:

I'm gutted, the week before it was announced, I'd arranged to have a foot op in june :unsure: I can poss just about make it on crutches, but it could only be for a day, and I'm not even sure if I'd be allowed to drive, unless I can use my other foot... Or I could get a lift somehow :clap: