Nancy Allen

Princess83

Nancy was cool. Chatted about Robocop, how the original script was excellent and how she didn't like 2 or 3. She wasn't keen on Kershner & reckoned he just got lucky with TESB, she said that was a bit of gossip for me!

Edited by A007

Nancy was cool. Chatted about Robocop, how the original script was excellent and how she didn't like 2 or 3. She wasn't keen on Kershner & reckoned he just got lucky with TESB, she said that was a bit of gossip for me!

A007, what exactly was the reason why she didnt like Kirshner? She told me but I forgot - I couldnt make out if it was professional or personal but got the impression she wasnt impressed by his methods.

She had a smile and as I walked over she said, "Here's a serious collector!" I said hello and she was sitting at first but suddenly stood up when I asked if it was true someone faked her death on Imdb. I said I reseached info about her and learned that she had posted on imdb herself and I wondered if it was really her and it was. She suspected who it was who sent the info about her "death" to imdb.

I told her I'd aways wanted to meet her since C4 when Peter Weller was there. She asked what was he liked and I said "Not that enthusiastic and I think it was a one-off for him. I later found out it just wasn't his thing he said".She said he's really a great guy and is just "shy" which is why he was like that at C4.

She hated Robocop 2 and didnt like Kirshner or Lewis' role and didnt like Robocop 3 either but returned to do it just to complete the trilogy and give it closure and be loyal to the series. She said the original script was great.

She said Verhoeven was a great director and mad. He'd act out a scene and say "do it like that but dont copy me cos I cant act!" She hated the title "Robocop" and knew it would have to change but took on the film cos she loved the script after reading it the first time. I asked her to sign my poster and write a comment on her thoughts to the film. She wrote, "Verhoeven is a madman and I love him!" She said the poster and sig was "beautiful". In response I said, "You're Beautiful! And you've aged really well!" I shook her hand and kissed her cheek.

Edited by nicky

I remember reading about her "death" on the IMDB boards and half wondered if her coming to Collectormania wasn't also a way for her to disprove that stupid rumour. That's the trouble with the IMDB boards, they're full of idiots and people trying to cause trouble.

I remember reading about her "death" on the IMDB boards and half wondered if her coming to Collectormania wasn't also a way for her to disprove that stupid rumour. That's the trouble with the IMDB boards, they're full of idiots and people trying to cause trouble.

I met her on Sunday afternoon and she said that only one other person had mentioned it to her so far, was it you? She said it was reported to imdb on the date of her parents' wedding and her brother's death (I think). She was saying that it was a bit dumb that IMDB wouldnt take it down cos they needed verification and yet they didnt need verification to say she was dead when initially reported.

Edited by nicky

I was her guest assistant on Saturday and I can honestly say she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was ill that day but she didn't let it get to her.

She is lovely

A007, what exactly was the reason why she didnt like Kirshner? She told me but I forgot - I couldnt make out if it was professional or personal but got the impression she wasnt impressed by his methods.

She had a smile and as I walked over she said, "Here's a serious collector!" I said hello and she was sitting at first but suddenly stood up when I asked if it was true someone faked her death on Imdb. I said I reseached info about her and learned that she had posted on imdb herself and I wondered if it was really her and it was. She suspected who it was who sent the info about her "death" to imdb.

I told her I'd aways wanted to meet her since C4 when Peter Weller was there. She asked what was he liked and I said "Not that enthusiastic and I think it was a one-off for him. I later found out it just wasn't his thing he said".She said he's really a great guy and is just "shy" which is why he was like that at C4.

She hated Robocop 2 and didnt like Kirshner or Lewis' role and didnt like Robocop 3 either but returned to do it just to complete the trilogy and give it closure and be loyal to the series. She said the original script was great.

She said Verhoeven was a great director and mad. He'd act out a scene and say "do it like that but dont copy me cos I cant act!" She hated the title "Robocop" and knew it would have to change but took on the film cos she loved the script after reading it the first time. I asked her to sign my poster and write a comment on her thoughts to the film. She wrote, "Verhoeven is a madman and I love him!" She said the poster and sig was "beautiful". In response I said, "You're Beautiful! And you've aged really well!" I shook her hand and kissed her cheek.

I didn't quiz her on Kirshner, but she did say she thought Empires success (although she called it Jedi, I obviously corrected her!) had very little to do with Kirshner and more to do with Lucas. I told her about an article I read about Connery taking over the direction of Never Say Never Again because Kirsh wasn't doing a very good job, she found that quite amusing.

What was her reaction to your " You've aged really well" line & the peck on the cheek?

What was her reaction to your " You've aged really well" line & the peck on the cheek?

Man, that was no line!!! After she said my poster was "beautiful" I responded, "you're beautiful!" she said thankyou in a bashful kinda way and I followed it up with, "and you've aged so well". I thanked her for her time and shook her hand and leaned in to kiss her - I knew it would be OK cos the guy before me did the same. She smiled and said something about it being nice to have met me etc. She was nice, she didn't take it the wrong way or anything.

Edited by nicky

Nancy was lovely (and was my main reason to go)

I walked straight up to her with a nice 10 x 8 and my huge Sideshow Robocop statue base for her to sign and she was like "What the hell is that". I explained to her what it was and she seemed genuinely interested and had a nice chat about things in general and a quick talk about Peter Weller and Robocop. Would love to see her back again at some point