Help needed

Johhanneh

Hi

I am interested in going to collectormania mainly to get John Barrowman's autograph and maybe a photoshoot :)

My question is: due to having to be on public transport it's possible I won't be able to be there until around 10am. Knowing how popular John is likely to be will that be soon enough to guarantee me an autograph? 'Cos the one thing I'd hate is to hang around all day waiting and not end up getting one. Is it the kind of thing you've got to be there at the crack of dawn to get the scoop?

Many thanks :)

Jo

• Moderators

Guarantee? I'd never guarantee anything. However, as long as u go straight to his queue and pick up a ticket, and ur able to hang around for hours and wait for your number to come up .. there's certainly always the possibility.

It's very very tricky to estimate how many people he'll see, the speed he'll go etc etc.

However 10am isn't THAT late in comparison to when it'll all start ..

Other than saying 'maybe', I don't know if you can perhaps quickly make friends with someone who'll be going and could get you a ticket or something :P

• Moderators

Yeah, but then there's the crazy difference between 'start time' and 'time when the insane people start queuing' .. which is very difficult to predict!

Turning up at opening time is risky when you're in competition with 'devoted' fans .. I say that in a nice way :P

I think John's a lot more popular now than he was at LFCC after Torchwood and the whole Joseph/Maria/Oliver thing but on the other hand he is more expensive now at £20 an auto! Like DB said you can't guarantee anything at these events (especially with the super-crazed fans) but I would think you'd be okay to get John's auto! ;)

Correct me if I am wrong, but John's is the first ever SM photoshoot to sell out ? And it's over a fortnight to go ! I'd say that's an idea of how busy he will be ....

No, James Marsters' photo shoot sold out online before.

And then of course Hayden's photoshoot and the one with Adrian and Milo sold out at the event at LFACC last year.

Out of curiousity how much was John Barrowman's auto at LFCC? Was that the event where he was supposedly given something erm of a very personal nature to sign and then talked about it on a chat show?

Edited by VODKA123