Eve Myles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this is why I always find it a little unfortunate when attendees decide to ask an actor or actress if they're coming to an event. Organisers can't ask everyone to attend a convention as they simply can't afford it, so if some aren't invited they may well get upset or think something negative about the organisers in question.

I know people get curious and that's perfectly natural, but there are often perfectly valid reasons behind some not being 'invited'. So personally I try to stick with using the announcements as information on who's attending, rather than deciding to play detective myself.

If (and it's a very big IF) Eve was indeed 'miffed' then that's not very nice at all.

On the one hand, I can totally understand your discomfort. In fact, I'm squirming quite badly about this. On the other hand, it's completely natural that attendees are going to ask those questions, especially when the statement that every major player had been approached by the organizers has been posted on the boards and gone unchallenged by those truly in the know. Despite the fact that I'm normally very discreet about asking potentially awkward questions, the conditions here would tell me that it was a perfectly innocent subject to broach in casual conversation, should I be chatting with one of the celebrities who hadn't been announced.

You're quite right to point out that not everyone can be invited. As I squirm, though, I reflect that it might have been useful for a knowledgeable person to point this out early on, when everyone was screaming for Gareth, Eve, Burn and James Marsters. It was around that time that someone in some major thread somewhere posted that all the main cast had been asked, and that would have been a good place to set that rumor to rest, if appropriate. Under the circumstances, and despite my own discomfort, I would hesitate to blame anyone for asking Eve (or anyone else) about this, given the way all this has been discussed and followed in this arena.

• Moderators

Oh I do understand why some do - I'm not blaming anyone, just saying I wouldn't do it myself. Everyone is different after all ;)

And we can't always rely on what actors/actresses know about these events anyway. The agents are usually the ones in the know .. I've known a fair few guests that have been asked beforehand and said they didn't know they were attending :o

(Not saying that's the case here)

Oh I do understand why some do - I'm not blaming anyone, just saying I wouldn't do it myself. Everyone is different after all ;)

And we can't always rely on what actors/actresses know about these events anyway. The agents are usually the ones in the know .. I've known a fair few guests that have been asked beforehand and said they didn't know they were attending :o

(Not saying that's the case here)

These are all excellent points, and I also do know that guests don't always know they're attending before their agents and/or managers tell them they are. (I'm a singer who's worked with representation before.)

I do apologize if I made it seem as though I thought you were blaming the person in question, as you did make it clear that you were speaking for yourself. I was really just musing more on my concerns about the matter, possibly with a view towards some sort of a watchful eye from the mods on such speculation in future events. :o

oh noooooooooo!!! :YAHOO:((( I'm truly devastated now; though Eve hasn't been announced as a guest yet, I SO hoped for her as a surprise guest! She is such an amazing, fun-loving person, it's a real shame she doesn't attend it - most if she hadn't even been invited! :chair:(