showmasters

wilko2205

i understand you can't control the issues with the guests. that was because of the writers strike...you couldn't help that

but lockdown is in 12 days

2 months before eclipse, a full schedhule of events was set up. about a month before, special photoshoot backgrounds were announced, and so was the 'timeline room'

we were given info about how the talks would work and how the seating would be set up

eclipse was all set 12 days before. so far, nothing like this has been announced

like i said, its not your fault there have been issues with actors, but it just feels like more could have been done

im sure you guys are putting effort in....but when will we hear about a new update?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

As Jason has said before, they would rather spend time trying to sort out a replacement guest or something than being on here.

In all truth, the information you've mentioned isn't a NECESSITY to have this far in advance of the event.

Yes, it would be nice. However it isn't exactly beneficial to anyone at this time, and so you will get it eventually but I think they need to prioritise.

Clearly there wasn't this problem with Eclipse, so don't expect things to be run in the same way. I wouldn't worry too much though :o

If you feel you REALLY need some kind of idea of how things will work, then the Eclipse section still exists towards the bottom of the forum. The information there will give a rough idea at least.

i agree with the first post, its cutting it close.

but im fairly certain that jason will pull something amazing out of the bag for lockdown..

seriously, if he gets grunny i WILL cry.

so if he goes its a double win for society :)

• Moderators

i agree with the first post, its cutting it close.

Oh I'm not saying it's NOT cutting it close. I'm fully aware of how close the event is.

However, thinking about it, will it really make a huge difference if we get that sort of info RIGHT NOW?

Other than reassurance, I don't think there's many real benefits :o

But a replacement guest? If they can pull that off, I think that'd be better than spending time telling us where we can sit or something.

i wouldnt imagine grunny would be on there top priority for guests for lockdown, he would cost a lot of money and hes more well known for his role in heroes [obviously] i wouldnt complain if hes announced hes a great actor i just think seeing as this is a lost convention they would try and find someone who had a bigger role in the show :)

i wouldnt imagine grunny would be on there top priority for guests for lockdown, he would cost a lot of money and hes more well known for his role in heroes [obviously] i wouldnt complain if hes announced hes a great actor i just think seeing as this is a lost convention they would try and find someone who had a bigger role in the show :)

As its already been stated, ALL of the CURRENT BIG LOST STARS cant come, so HENSE why i was thinking of an awesome guest who would actually attract alot more people to come to the event.

all of the other Lost stars that i have an interest im meeting, that are dead, ive already met, hehe! (maggie grace, ian som, dom)

i mean, if grunny WAS to go, i might have to book a weekend off work and actually go lockdown.. just for grunny! lmao.

and DavidB, i COMPLETELY agree with you, more guests are VERY important.

Edited by leanneofthedsc.

I hope they get someone that spoke more than 30 words :o ...That's Greg Grunberg out.

he may not have said alot, but if it weren't for him the plane would have landed in LA

he had a really good deleted scene with claire too. that counts

WE WANT GRUNNY :P

As its already been stated, ALL of the CURRENT BIG LOST STARS cant come, so HENSE why i was thinking of an awesome guest who would actually attract alot more people to come to the event.

all of the other Lost stars that i have an interest im meeting, that are dead, ive already met, hehe! (maggie grace, ian som, dom)

i mean, if grunny WAS to go, i might have to book a weekend off work and actually go lockdown.. just for grunny! lmao.

yes i understand that all the current main cast cant come but not the past main cast lost stars, not everyone has met maggie, ian som, etc, its cool that you have but not everyone has been so fortunate, and for the price that greg would cost we could probably get 2 b style guests, not everyone watches heroes and weve got to think of it in the terms of lost why would SM pay so much money for a guest that has spoken less words than YEMI has or any of the other smaller cast. i in no way want to come across as rude but how you feel about grunny id different to how others feel, just seems like people would be more interested in his run on heroes than on lost. i didnt say i ddnt want him i just feel that there are so many more important charicters to the show that we could get! so many non main casties that are influential and cost less, like penny widmore, boone, shannon, libby etc or even lesser cast members like ethan and goodwin, i feel like this weekend is gonna be great because of the relaxed atmsmosphere with the guests as they are non main casts, im open to any new guests but just because hes on heroes doesnt mean everyone on here particularly wants him

yes i understand that all the current main cast cant come but not the past main cast lost stars, not everyone has met maggie, ian som, etc, its cool that you have but not everyone has been so fortunate, and for the price that greg would cost we could probably get 2 b style guests, not everyone watches heroes and weve got to think of it in the terms of lost why would SM pay so much money for a guest that has spoken less words than YEMI has or any of the other smaller cast. i in no way want to come across as rude but how you feel about grunny id different to how others feel, just seems like people would be more interested in his run on heroes than on lost. i didnt say i ddnt want him i just feel that there are so many more important charicters to the show that we could get! so many non main casties that are influential and cost less, like penny widmore, boone, shannon, libby etc or even lesser cast members like ethan and goodwin, i feel like this weekend is gonna be great because of the relaxed atmsmosphere with the guests as they are non main casts, im open to any new guests but just because hes on heroes doesnt mean everyone on here particularly wants him

LOL, im not gana argue this, and i didnt actually want to start a "thing" i havnt watched lost since season 1, and now ive jumped into season 4 (because im cool like that) and im not even going to this event, i only stated grunny because he was the only person i could think of who hadnt been init alot and wouldnt be shooting lost/heroes (but he could be doing something else)

haha :o

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

we were working on this before Easter but as most of you may know agents go away for the holidays

we are aware time is running out we are doing our best, thats all we can do, we have been up front with every one on this

we will see what happens

thanks for reading this

jason

Whilst I agree in principle with the original post, I think the important point that has been missed so far, is that if Showmasters can pull another guest or two out of the hat at the last minute, then the published schedule would be wrong. Seems pointless then finalising and publishing a schedule, which they hope will change prior to the event.

Wilko, the best advice I can give is to trust Showmasters (this is made a lot easier after the epic event that was Eclipse). :D

Greg Grunberg is really busy with other work at the moment and it is rumoured he may return for a brief appearance on Lost.

Heroes will soon start filming soon too so don't expect him.

heroes dosent start filming untill may so Greg Grunberg would be free.

anyway, thanks for the update SM. i agree its better to be looking for new guests than all these announcements, there not necassary