Newbie = good // N00b = bad

Rivaan

Not a big difference, not a possitive for convensions either. Sorry i'm in a mad mood tonight. I dont mean to sound a cow. I did enjoy myself at eclipse but didnt really feel there was a big difference to other signing events i have been too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find conventions more relaxed and social. However, that wasn't so evident on Saturday morning at Eclipse because the system was FUBAR from the get-go. I'm sure that future Massive Events cons will proceed more smoothly - then you may see more of a difference. I dunno!

The two types of events do have more things in common than differences.

Edited by Morden

lovbug, almost same situation for me.

Id been to one day out of a weekend con and then only signings.

It wasn't TOTALLY different. of course theres the talks and it was alot more relaxed, but i can also see alot of simularities between the two. i certainly didn't feel like a 'newbie' in anyway.

I find conventions more relaxed and social. However, that wasn't so evident on Saturday morning at Eclipse because the system was FUBAR from the get-go. I'm sure that future Massive Events cons will proceed more smoothly - then you may see more of a difference. I dunno!

The two types of events do have more things in common than differences.

Oh FUBAR i havnt heard that in a long time , Old Skool I like it.

I loved there being so many newbies at the con, very refreshing. But.....there were some idiots also, I am talking mainly about the group of racist yobs who decided they wanted to start a fight outside the hotel on Saturday night.

If the flashy kid in the white suit from saturday night and the big nasty mouthy bloke want to step forward and apologise now that would be great!

OMG

Ive been there. I was talking to Jamie and some stupid bloke started talking to us and suddenly starting to yell "I hate the polish!" and god knows what else. At first I told him that hes wrong and turned round and left for the car park to finish my cig in peace. Coming back to get inside I see a guy pinned to the wall by some other. It was just :chair:

I sneaked in as quickly as I could. Stupid people really!!

aw its a little late now. But i will be going to eclipse 2. :D

Then nearer the time we shall swap pics and say hi to eachother : )

I was slightly shy at Eclipse as well. I kept seeing people i thought i reconised but wasnt sure :/

I was shy at first at Eclipse.

Then alcohol happened. Hum de dum.

LMAO Same here! - I blame the free wine at the cocktail party! ...though felt a little delicate in the morning for photoshoots :D

I find conventions more relaxed and social.

i didnt make any friends at eclipse. maybe wud hav been different.

Aw that's no good Luvbug - I shall be sure to say Hi, next time aswell! (will you be looking like Enid?)

Edited by such_jaunt

I was shy at first at Eclipse.

Then alcohol happened. Hum de dum.

LMAO Same here! - I blame the free wine at the cocktail party! ...though felt a little delicate in the morning for photoshoots :D

I find conventions more relaxed and social.

i didnt make any friends at eclipse. maybe wud hav been different.

Aw that's no good Luvbug - I shall be sure to say Hi, next time aswell! (will you be looking like Enid?)

Oh wow you know my pic? ohhh i def want u as a friend now lol

You know i might just dress as Enid. She friggin rocks!

This might be going off subject. But this was my first con you would call me a 'newbie' but i have been doing signing events for awhile now. Everybody told me time and time again how different cons were to signing events. Having been to a con, i didnt feel like there was much difference at all.

Really? I think there's a world of difference. I have several friends who won't even go to signing events because they find them hollow and uninteresting.

ve been there. I was talking to Jamie and some stupid bloke started talking to us and suddenly starting to yell "I hate the polish!" and god knows what else. At first I told him that hes wrong and turned round and left for the car park to finish my cig in peace. Coming back to get inside I see a guy pinned to the wall by some other. It was jus

This was the incident yeah, lol. Some dudes startin making comments about the polish and I turnt around and said "Who is saying something about Poland" next thing I know the guys were all over me getting aggressive and and making more rude remarks. I was so annoyed with the comments they were making, my taxi had pulled up and me and my mate got in but seriously I was so worked up!

I wish people like that could be made an example of, to show that racism isn't tolerated, at least at these events. :/

Surprisingly, I didn't get anything, but then racism of any kind, directed at anyone, is obviously unacceptable.

This might be going off subject. But this was my first con you would call me a 'newbie' but i have been doing signing events for awhile now. Everybody told me time and time again how different cons were to signing events. Having been to a con, i didnt feel like there was much difference at all.

Really? I think there's a world of difference. I have several friends who won't even go to signing events because they find them hollow and uninteresting.

Whats hollow and uninteresting about signing events? Whats so different about cons?

Im kind of a newie, i have been to 2 events before this, i actually dont like the 'oldies' =p that much, alot of them think they have priority over me (that was my impression anyway) cutting lines crouding the guests etc. I sure do take offence to teh term Newbie but im sure you dont mean ti in a bad way!