Patrick

trekkie101

OK, we all know that Patrick Stewart will probably be the most propular guy at C13.

Now, what are the real odds of being able to meet him?

Now, I'm a London boy, so I have to grab the train to Euston via Underground from Victoria and hop on to MK. Now, realistically, if I wanted to be there for 10, I'd need to be up at about 6:30. But even if I got there as soon as humanly possible, would I still be able to meet him? Because knowing how many people will want to meet him, I'd need to grab a virtual ticket as soon as I got through the Centre doors. And even then, it might not be ayt least until, say 4 that I see him, assuming he stays long enough for me to see him.

What about you guys? Whaddaya think? Your odds much better?

Bear in mind there are some first time Heroes guests at this show, so that will probably split the crowd a bit. I don't know if this so called Marsters will have such a manic crowd this time round seeing as he's done a few shows recently but from what I've been told he's a reasonably big cheese in some sort of programme.

At LFACC I went straight for a Stewart VT as soon as the doors opened and even though I was a little way back in the queue outside the place I managed to get to see him. My advice get their as early as possible, even if it means jumping round a few different train routes.

• Moderators

Assuming he's there all day, and you go straight to his queue and get a ticket, AND you're able to hang around all day and wait for your number to come up .. there would certainly be a chance :drool:

OK, we all know that Patrick Stewart will probably be the most propular guy at C13.

Now, I'm a London boy, so I have to grab the train to Euston via Underground from Victoria and hop on to MK. Now, realistically, if I wanted to be there for 10, I'd need to be up at about 6:30. But even if I got there as soon as humanly possible, would I still be able to meet him? Because knowing how many people will want to meet him, I'd need to grab a virtual ticket as soon as I got through the Centre doors. And even then, it might not be ayt least until, say 4 that I see him, assuming he stays long enough for me to see him.

Why will it take you 3 1/2 hours to get from London to MK? Roughly where in London are you!

East Croydon.

I'd need to grab E.C to London Victoria, then hop on the Underground to London Euston then get a train to MK, and that does take a while in total

I might be wrong here, buy I'm sure you can get a train direct to and from Watford and East Croydon. If you did that, it'd cut out most of your journey and ALL of your journey on the tubes. East Croydon is where you get off for Fairfield Halls yeah? If not, then I degress and I've made a mistake.

My suggestion is this: travel up the night before he's appearing and stay in a hotel or with someone who lives in MK (try couchsurfing.com). I did this for the William Shatner signing and it worked really well - I was there early enough to get a virtual ticket below 100 and met him within the first couple of hours.

I'm a big fan of Patrick Stewart, so when I heard he was going to London Film and Comic Con I bought a Golden Programme so I didn't have to get there early enough to get a decent number on the virtual ticket. That is also what I have done for Collectormania!

In my opinion that's the best way of doing it. The only problem is, are you willing enough to spend £175 on a Golden Programme. If you do spend the money you can get to MK whenever you want and just join the back of his Q without a virtual ticket.

Hope this helps you, I know it sucks if you get a vt and it's an outrageously high number and you don't get to meet the star. It has happened to me a few times, so best of luck to you!

Also, try to go on the day that would probably be less packed and you'd have more chance. Eg, if he was there Friday, Sat and Sun, I'd go on Friday as you're less likely to get the family's there with kids etc. I saw Willliam Shadner that day and there was almost no queue what so ever when I got there just after lunch.

Edited by Charmer

Um, not exactly.

See, I'm just a kid. By May, I'll only be 18, so I don't really have £175 to buy a Golden ticket.

Also, I' m still at school, so the Friday and the Monday are off the list. Even Saturday, as we have lessons in the morning (whoever decided that should've been shot)

So the only possible day I could go is the Sunday, so obviously that'd be when nearly everybody else would be going. Plus, I don't think my dad would let me spend the night at some random guy's house.

So, it's down to travelling early on Sunday morning then.....

Bummer