how to get to the central hall ?

m_doernert

after leaving the Picadilly Train Station, go to the Piccadilly Gardens (fountain area) and go down the road from the gardens to the road next to em on the left and keep walking downwards but keep to your right and then you'll evuantually get close to town hall, keep going downwards and you'll see a huge place, ask people around to see where your going and you'll get there^_^

after leaving the Picadilly Train Station, go to the Piccadilly Gardens (fountain area) and go down the road from the gardens to the road next to em on the left and keep walking downwards but keep to your right and then you'll evuantually get close to town hall, keep going downwards and you'll see a huge place, ask people around to see where your going and you'll get there^_^

That's about correct. :D

You can catch a train from the airport to Picadilly Station. Signs for the train station are very clear and you can't miss it.

If you don't want to walk, there's a tram connection as well. The FAQ: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....mp;#entry928822 has some helpful links.

It's a longish, confusing walk IMO, so you are probably handiest to get the Tram service from Picadilly to St Peter's Square.

I know there is a GMex tram stop, but it's out at the back of the hall and you have to walk all the way round to the entrance. If you get off at SPS and "follow" the tram down the road and off to the right, it's actually much easier to get to the punter entrance of GMex .... and it's only about £1.20 one-way.

It's a longish, confusing walk IMO, so you are probably handiest to get the Tram service from Picadilly to St Peter's Square.

I know there is a GMex tram stop, but it's out at the back of the hall and you have to walk all the way round to the entrance. If you get off at SPS and "follow" the tram down the road and off to the right, it's actually much easier to get to the punter entrance of GMex .... and it's only about £1.20 one-way.

I live in manchester myself, if you can get a train into Piccadilly (from there dont walk, you'll get lost, for a non mancunian its quite confusing) from piccadilly get another train to 'Oxford Road' or get a metrolink (manchester tram) from the metrolink station in piccadilly train station get a train heading to either Eccles or Altrinchham, But only buy a ticket to 'Gmex' this stops directly outside the Central hall making it much less stress free. (contrary to what the above poster says its not far at all to walk, the centre after getting off is right in front of you) any more questions just ask. ( the tram ticket will be about a pound but will save you loads of hassle and save you the worry of getting lost)

Edited by The-Dark-Knight

You may be able to get a train direct from the airport to Manchester Deansgate station (they do run occasionally) - then it's a quick walk across the Exhibition bridge, over the platforms of GMex station, and straight into GMex.

Failing that there will certainly be a direct train from the Airport to Oxford Road, and then it's a 5 minute walk to GMex down Oxford Road.

I´ve got another question which maybe someone here can answere for me: I´m coming in from Germany and have to go back right to the airport from G-mex. Are there any taxis available at the G-mex and if not, how do I call a taxi at Manchester city? I´ve been to London and there, you can stop a taxi right on the street. Is it the same for Manchester or do I have to call for a taxi? And if I have to call for a taxi, could somebody here give me the phone number to a taxi company, please. Help is very much appreciated.

Edited by Jeanny

Are you staying at a hotel, or is it just a one day trip? You could always ask the hotel to call a taxi for you. The bigger ones (like the Ibis) do usually have some special deals negotiated with certain companies.

I don't recall a taxi stand being near G-Mex or anywhere close by unfortunately. There's generally less taxis around in Manchester than in London, so I don't think the stopping on the street bit will work.

I don't know if Germany has postcodes, but Gmex is in "M2". Here are some taxi companies in the local area.

Taxis in Manchester City centre.

You are probably best to use one in M1, M2 or M3 I think.

I rang a few just now and they can't pick up right outside Gmex for some reason, but you can ask them to pick you up from one of the nearby hotels. There are two or three in plain sight of the front of Gmex. The lady at one taxi company suggested getting picked up "from the back of the Midland Hotel" but I'm not sure where this is, sorry.

I have also asked a few taxi companies for fares from Gmex to the airport and most were around £20.00.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

There is a taxi rank not too far from GMEX, when you come out of the gmex walk straight ahead onto the main road, turn right towards MacDonalds follow that road to Sainsburys, outside sainsburys is a taxi rank which usually has taxis' waiting. Its only about 5 mins away.

I don't know if Germany has postcodes, but Gmex is in "M2". Here are some taxi companies in the local area.

Taxis in Manchester City centre.

You are probably best to use one in M1, M2 or M3 I think.

I rang a few just now and they can't pick up right outside Gmex for some reason, but you can ask them to pick you up from one of the nearby hotels. There are two or three in plain sight of the front of Gmex. The lady at one taxi company suggested getting picked up "from the back of the Midland Hotel" but I'm not sure where this is, sorry.

I have also asked a few taxi companies for fares from Gmex to the airport and most were around £20.00.

Hope this helps :wub:

The Midland Hotel - stand with the main entrance to the GMEX behind you, the Midland is the building slightly to the left, in front of you. Walk round to the front of the hotel, there are taxis there all the time. Hope this helps!

You guys are great! Thanks a lot for all your advice. I´ll stay at the Castlefield Hotel from friday to monday. My probleme is that I am handicapped and can´t walk longer distances. But I guess, with all your advices, I´ll be allright.

Again, thanks a lot! :YAHOO:

Edited by Jeanny