Any chance of a One Tree Hill con?

luvyourlife

for all we know everybody in your class signed because they did it to make you happy (or stop you nagging them :D )

I sincerely doubt they'd do that, LOL. People actually dont like me, I said to them look I know you love One Tree Hill and would you come to a convention to meet the cast? like i did with my emails. A Petition is just an indication of interest. Maybe at 500 signatures SM will try and bring a guest to a signing event, maybe at another 500 they'll consider guest prices, availabilty and popularity at that stage.

Previous OTH cons due to a lack of advertisement, notice and orgnaisation failed. But SM know to do better. They have a near flawless reputation and skill, and if they decided to put on a con, the chances are slim that it will fail.

Now people MAY NOT like 5 and 6 as much as 1-4 but they all adore 1-4 and love that element of teh show, and if the guests are from 1-4 they will go, because we still love teh show. The show has inspired many peoples lives, I knwo because I talk to these people every day, and because I'm one of tehse people.

A convention is a perfect way to bring people whos lives have changed because of the show together. That's all we're asking for, a chance.

Edited by .Kirst

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Id bump this thread a bit.

The petitions gone up a bit more today :)

Oh and CompletelyCullenized (youre Elsbeth, right? Im sorry, im awful with names!) do you think A fine mess is better than her first album?

I have the first but im not sure about getting the second. Although part of that is just me being against how much theyve promoted her in season 6, even though I do like her. It just felt like too much.

The second album is amazing. It's better than the first... coming from the girl who listened to it every night for a whole year. The tracks are amazing. I love it. GET GET GET IT now. I loved the promotion cus I love her. <3

I didnt ask you Jade, I asked CompletelyCullenized :dance:

But yeah I might buy it. I really like 99 times.

Although thinking about it, I got her first album for christmas, and I think I still havent actually listened to it all the way through. Maybe I should do that before I go buying the next one lol

I would looove a One Tree Hill con!

TommyT, you make some good points, but I do think if it was given a fair chance, an OTH con would do well. The fans of this show are SO dedicated and I think would definately go.

I know on average, the fan base is younger than other shows that have cons etc, but since OTH has been airing every week day, during the day, a lot of older people have been watching it (people who don't have school) and I think the fan base has grown a lot, you only have to look at DVD sales of the box sets, they have shot up.

I know the other two got cancelled, but I think if they were given more of a chance, they would have done well. I think the key is to promote it well, because I know for a fact, a lot of people I know would go, IF they knew about it.

Well Jennifer I wanted to preech my current obsession :dance:

You should listen to it through! And anyway, A Fine Mess is amazing. Forever&Almost Always, We The Dreamers, Manhatten From The Sky, Unfair, Sweet Silver Lining and Lift Me Up are my favourite tracks. And Angel. Who You Are Without Me, Inside Out, Say Anything, Talking Smooth are too. Wait tahts the whole album. NEVER MIND.

Yes, LMAO. Didn't anyone tell you I'm the obsession girl? XD Gawd.

Tbf my obsessions kinda go in this order... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... One Tree Hill... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... One Tree Hill... Skins... Skins... Skins... Skins... Twilight... Twilight... Skins.

So hence I get a bit annoying :dance:

I didnt ask you Jade, I asked CompletelyCullenized :P

But yeah I might buy it. I really like 99 times.

Although thinking about it, I got her first album for christmas, and I think I still havent actually listened to it all the way through. Maybe I should do that before I go buying the next one lol

HAHA sorry I took so long ;)

For me, it's a lot better than her first album! I love every song on there, and I haven't listened to anything else for the past couple of days so that's saying something (: It's worth it!

I felt they promoted her too much in Season 6 as well.. a few songs in a couple of episodes would be fine and I liked her singing at the wedding but it was OVER promoting to the max lol

Woot Woot (as Karen Roe would say :P) for another person in the thread :D

aha, after watching that episode I replied 'woot woot' to everything for about a week :)

I think I got on people's nerves ;)

WOOT WOOT! :blink:

Yeah, I mean, I like her but it would have been nice if theyd been a bit less obvious about it, and to get some more other music in there more often, cos I like the random songs/bands they find that Ive never heard of.

Like all my ipod is made up of OTH music lol.

Yeah I love the woot woot too. And lets not forget fall down boy.

I noticed in a couple of other threads that OTH is getting bashed, so I have an idea. To boost the One Tree Hill tv show thread while we're waiting for Series 6 in the UK, and series 7 in the US, I suggest we all go in there and post about WHY we love the show. Although, can someone else start, cos I dont want to double post LOL.

*EDIT - OK, ive started. So somebody else please go post cos if its just me then im left looking like an idiot lol*

Edited by ryano

I love OTH!!

i noticed someone mention songs on the soundtrack too!! i love the soundtrack but i have way to many favourites to choose. i do love

The mixed tape - Jack's mannequin

Dont wait - Dashboard confessional

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez

Sidewalks - Story of the year

For blue skies - strays dont sleep.

World spins madly on - the weepies

Feel this - Bethany joy galeotti

Cant go back now - The weepies

Dark Blue - Jacks Mannequin

and so so so many more.

there is a great site with listings on actually. It has every song ever used, or even mentioned by characters, in every episode...

http://www.oth-music.com/

so yeah... i would love a one tree hill con!

=x=

I love that site, I use it all the time.

My current one tree hill obsessive song is 12 by Alexi Murdoch. Was used as the Coda in 406. Its beautiful.

Anywho, came on here to post to say, anyone got any idea why the petition suddenly stopped working? :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures in here?

People have been making art for us, to support our cause, and I wanted to post what had been made so far, but I dont know how.

Also, the petition link is still broken, not sure what we can do about that?? Its a shame if its gone for good, we were doing quite well :D