Lost Season 4 returns in Jan!

ellie@lostie

For those of you that follow lost online, abc have announced that LOST will return for season 4 on the 31st January!

It will only run the 8 episodes they have filmed that have not been affected by the writers strike. Heres the announcement in full:

It’s no wonder no one can find the island: “Lost†is moving once again, this time to Thursday nights.

“Lost†returns Jan. 31 -- the first night of February sweeps -- at 9 p.m., while “Grey’s Anatomy†repeats will temporarily move to Fridays at 8 p.m., although the latter sked shift was not formally announced.

Meanwhile, having depleted original pre-Writers Guild episodes, much of the Alphabet’s fall crop of dramas haven’t been given regular timeslots this midseason. Instead, frosh entries “Pushing Daisies,†“Private Practice,†“Dirty Sexy Money†and “Women’s Murder Club†will rotate in a Friday night 9 p.m. drama encore wheel.

Sked also keeps mostly original episodes on the air at 10 p.m. -- the timeslot most crucial for affiliates. Moves were revealed Friday afternoon, as ABC took the wraps off its long-anticipated midseason strategy.

“It’s a bit sobering to know that it’s going to be a very different kind of spring than anyone would have liked,†said Jeff Bader, ABC’s exec veep of program planning and scheduling.

Given the strike, the Alphabet will rely heavily on original scripted skeins that had been waiting in the wings (and in most cases held back to fill a schedule impacted by a strike), as well as new and returning reality skeins.

In moving “Lost†to Thursday, Alphabet is looking to maintain some dominance in adults 18-49 on the night.

“Lost†is no stranger to time period changes, having had runs at 8, 9 and 10 p.m. on Wednesday nights. New move is the show’s first to a different evening, however.

ABC will have eight episodes of “Lost†that were penned pre-strike. Net will supplement the Jan. 31 launch by repeating last year’s finale on Jan. 30; a new “Lost†recap special is also in the works.

For now, the Alphabet will stick with its original plan of running all “Lost†episodes in consecutive order, without a break. Of course, the original plan called for 16 segs, which would have kept “Lost†humming through the end of the season.

Instead, in a best-case scenario, the strike will be resolved and ABC will still be able to run eight more segs, with a break between the two runs.

But even with a truncated order, net decided that pent-up demand for the show was too great to delay it in the same way Fox held off on “24.â€

Plus, “Lost†is too much of a midseason power player for ABC to pass up -- and by moving it to Thursday, the most desirable night of the week for advertisers, Alphabet can cushion the blow of losing “Grey’s Anatomy†originals on the night.

“Lost†exec producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have said they would prefer ABC hold off on airing “Lost†until all 16 episodes are available. But Bader said that was never an option at the net, which didn’t consult with the producers on how and where the show would air.

Oh S***T That means if its on thursday now that means i would have to switch my days around and get that day off. So i can watch it! Cause i can't if i work that day...Are you sure its on thursday? and its going to stay on thursdays...or is it temporarily???? PLEASE! i really need to know what is going on before i make changes! :firedevil::WINCE::lol::lol:

Of course the news on the date is not relative to us at all.

Expect LOST to hit british screen sometime in early February on Sky One

Oh S***T That means if its on thursday now that means i would have to switch my days around and get that day off. So i can watch it! Cause i can't if i work that day...Are you sure its on thursday? and its going to stay on thursdays...or is it temporarily???? PLEASE! i really need to know what is going on before i make changes! :D:P;):unsure:

I really doubt Sky will be following the same time and date schedules as ABC

More than likely, Sky will continue broadcasting new episodes of LOST on the Sunday of that week.

No worries.

charliefan90 is from America i believe :D

glad lost is coming back even if only for 8 eppies :lol::YAHOO:

Me too, Im surprised they have managed to make so many episodes and have them ready for January.

Although does remind you of Lost execs telling us there would be no hiatus. =P

charliefan90 is from America i believe :D

glad lost is coming back even if only for 8 eppies :lol::YAHOO:

Me too, Im surprised they have managed to make so many episodes and have them ready for January.

Although does remind you of Lost execs telling us there would be no hiatus. =P

It's not there fault there's a hiatus, it's the damn writers strike.