Favourite Season 1 episode so far?

angel_darkavenger

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far, but what your favourite season 1 episode so far?

My favourite is probably 'Five Years gone' where we saw the alternate timeline that episode just felt like a movie.

Other episodes are probably 'Unexpected' and 'Company Man', personally my fav episodes are Peter orientated as he's one of my favourite characters, oo and 'Homecoming' too, probably beacuse of the initial build up to save the cheerleader storyline.

Whats yours?

James

• Moderators

While rather predictable, I'd certainly go for Company Man and Five Years Gone as joint favourites.

I know a lot of fans rave about those particular episodes, but there's certainly reasons for that.

Company Man was a strong emotional episode, with some great character development that had perhaps been lacking beforehand - the choice to focus specifically on those characters, and not the usual wide switch between the ensemble helped a lot. The 'mystery' was left behind, and answers were given in such a way that many people never even expected.

Five Years Gone was just one of those awesome tv episodes that goes off on a complete tangent and does something completely different. It's just an episode that's full of 'ooh now THAT'S cool!' moments, and showed how Heroes has the ability to use ideas in various different ways (just like with Company Man) and it's not just a one-trick pony so to speak.

Also with those two episodes, they hadn't exactly had the build up beforehand that something like Homecoming or the season finale had, so it wasn't like I had any expectations, so I was left even more in awe by the end.

• 3 months later...