SG1 Costume

Ianferris

Hey I am Goin to Collectomania on my own this week, this will be my 2nd event the first being LFCC2007. I was wondering whether to go as an SG1 team member or not. So just wondering if anyone else is and whether I could meet with them as a SG Team.

Hey I am Goin to Collectomania on my own this week, this will be my 2nd event the first being LFCC2007. I was wondering whether to go as an SG1 team member or not. So just wondering if anyone else is and whether I could meet with them as a SG Team.

i will but in casuals asif an undercover operation or in casuals with sg badges on

with a zat?

(since as i dont have a propper sg team costume(YET)

Well as a member of the SGC-Uk and team leader of SG-13 myself and 3 of my team will be attending aswell as our base commander and 3 members of one of the other teams

and all of my team will be in blacks with Zats

Will be there both Friday and Saturday in uniform (well at least half of Saturday anyway)

so please come say hello

:thumbup:

Well as a member of the SGC-Uk and team leader of SG-13 myself and 3 of my team will be attending aswell as our base commander and 3 members of one of the other teams

Will be there both Friday and Saturday in uniform (well at least half of Saturday anyway)

so please come say hello

:D

I hope I'm talking to the right people / person if I am will 'M Tucker' be there? (unless your him) If its the right people then you should know who I am talking about?

:thumbup:

LLAP :borg:

i will but in casuals asif an undercover operation

Yes me too - I'll be 'incognito' in an apparently casual outfit.

However, I will be wearing my velcro 'tearaway' trousers, which when pulled away will reveal my SG-1 Speedos (complete with strategically placed photo of Amanda Tapping!)

so please come say hello

:borg:

I hope I'm talking to the right people / person if I am will 'M Tucker' be there? (unless your him) If its the right people then you should know who I am talking about?

:hathor:

LLAP :wub:

I'm sure you mean Major General M Tucker

But yes he will be there on the friday

so please come say hello

LLAP :wub:

Oh well I'm not going to be there till the Saturday, maybe next time?

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

so please come say hello

LLAP :dance:

:D

LLAP :dance:

Feel free to come say hello to us anyway

I'd love to go in SG-1 costume but it's difficult getting stuff when you're less than 5'0, LOL!

So I'm going as Claire from Heroes instead. She's short too, so I'm good!

I know what you mean. I find it hard and as you know, I'm 5'1, but that shouldn't stop you, all you have to do is turn the trousers up, or buy the largest gids trousers they have....

Plus with some of the trousers you have rope/string going through the bottom of the trousers so you can tye the rpe in a knot / bow and make it tight to your boots so if they are a little baggy then the trousers won't go under your boots while your walking...

Hope that made sense?

:blink:

LLAP :o

Edited by zebredy

Looking forward to seeing all of you in costumes, love walking around seeing people that have really made the effort for these events. Im going on Friday for the first time this year so im hoping I wont miss out if all the costumed people come over the weekend.

it will be good to see as many as you in costume as possible it always makes the show look good thanks for coming

jason

Hi Jason what is the Policy on Guns etc, I have a Airsoft P90 and Beretta M92f, obviously I will not bring Ammo (bbs) are these alowwed etc.

so please come say hello

;)

I will be in the Olive Green G8 WEP Jacket, I am going on the Sat and Sun, may only dress up on the Sat.

IanF

as far as I am aware you wont be able to bring these to the show, because of the 1st of oct they have been classed under the dangerous weapons act and they are only allowed at registered air soft events organised by registered Airsoft and reinactment groups

sorry to burst your bubble

As someone who likes to run around with guns at events, I have been keeping an eye on this.

It is still perfectly legal and ok to own an airsoft gun, but the Violent Crimes reduction bill (VCR) which came into effect on Oct 1st has only limited the SALE of realistic looking weapons (such as airsofts) so that only registered people can buy anymore, and not the random public.

As far as im aware the display of them hasnt changed, but obviously use common sense! Aka Collectormania is in a shopping center so its probably not very wise to have guns outside of the collectormania area if you bring any for the purpose of your uniform (like the 'aliens' re-enactors), and if you do, inform both Showmasters before the event, AND inform the milton keynes police brance that you will be running around the center with a realistic looking weapon, so when they get calls of someone with a gun at the event, SO19 wont storm in and arrest everyone in sight. Dont forget to tell them you will be in a cosplay/tv re-enactment uniform rather than some random person waiving a gun around.

Edit: Realising the timescale, Jason or Andrea or whoever from SM might not have time to reply, so you'd be best phoning both (SM and MK police) to ask!

"The Violent Crime Reduction Act bans the sale, importation and manufacture of replica firearms. However Airsoft has gained an exemption in the act meaning that trading can continue under the parameters set out by the 'site registations' in order to make sure you are a legitimate airsofter. "

More info at http://www.ukara.org.uk/

Personally i'll be bringing enough without my SG1 gear and weapons, i'll save my uniform and weapons for a less public event.

Edited by crippsy_99

so please come say hello

:YAHOO:

LLAP :YAHOO:

:P

LLAP :D

Feel free to come say hello to us anyway

OK will do, that is if I don't miss you, as MK gets very busy on the Saturday of an event.

:P

LLAP :P

it will be good to see as many as you in costume as possible it always makes the show look good thanks for coming

jason

Hi Jason what is the Policy on Guns etc, I have a Airsoft P90 and Beretta M92f, obviously I will not bring Ammo (bbs) are these alowwed etc.

so please come say hello

:WAVE:

I will be in the Olive Green G8 WEP Jacket, I am going on the Sat and Sun, may only dress up on the Sat.

Yeah I suppose, great shame though, I may still ring showmasters Friday to get their take on it etc.

so please come say hello

:unsure:

do any of you look like this?

amandatapping006wd8.jpg

i will but in casuals asif an undercover operation

Yes me too - I'll be 'incognito' in an apparently casual outfit.

However, I will be wearing my velcro 'tearaway' trousers, which when pulled away will reveal my SG-1 Speedos (complete with strategically placed photo of Amanda Tapping!)

:unsure: Nice one.

Really must get a SG1 uniform done soon, got the Atlantis one.