Too little...

Sadly it is now too late for me to take the time off to attend. I work weekends and needed to book near enough a week off for this show, I had been waiting for info about hotels and a bit more involvement from the organisers, as it was a toss up between too choices. The deadline for booking my time off is gone and without more actual details, I had to make a decision.

Hoping you all have a great time. :thumbup:

I'm really sorry to hear this, and I wish you could still attend. :thumbup:

Sadly, I don't think you'll be the last person to be faced with the same dilemma. Dirk's doing his best, and I don't want to sound like an impatient, miserable git, but... :YAHOO:

Edited by yeltz-lass

I'm in the same boat really. I don't think it's possible for me to attend now. I had to choose between this and a number of other pricey things and unfortunately the lack of guests has swayed me towards the latter. I know that more guests will be announced and I have confidence that they will be very good ones, but I can't hold out any longer!

Have a great time though everybody (I'm sure will) and I hope to see all your photos after! :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat really. I don't think it's possible for me to attend now. I had to choose between this and a number of other pricey things and unfortunately the lack of guests has swayed me towards the latter. I know that more guests will be announced and I have confidence that they will be very good ones, but I can't hold out any longer!

Have a great time though everybody (I'm sure will) and I hope to see all your photos after! :lol:

awww hun i will miss you not being there :P

Have a great time though everybody (I'm sure will) and I hope to see all your photos after! :D

It's not so much the lack of guests that troubled me, as they usually don't get much anouncement that early on, it's more to do with the fact that SM really havent been very forthcoming with the other details, as in hotels, replying to questions etc... I know Dirk has posted, but Ring*con uk still feels like it's up in the air. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but it has that feel. Don't get me wrong, if they announce a great guest that I really want to see, and I happen to have the day off, I may still make the day trip...but I don't think that all cons are about, it's all about meeting likeminded people, seing and experiencing different things, as well as meeting the guests. But it's no longer an option for me :D

Edited by wyrdsister

Sadly it is now too late for me to take the time off to attend. I work weekends and needed to book near enough a week off for this show, I had been waiting for info about hotels and a bit more involvement from the organisers, as it was a toss up between too choices. The deadline for booking my time off is gone and without more actual details, I had to make a decision.

Hoping you all have a great time. :thumbup:

I hade to make the same decision.. i wont be coming :D