can I bringing my r2d2 to the show please

finalfrontier

hi have just finished making a near perfect fully remote control r2d2 droid, with rotating dome lights, sounds and even a pop up periscope

would i be aloud to bring him to the show and drive him around?

i have seen daleks there before, do you have to pay or do they let you just turn up like people do in their fancy dress costumes

i think people would love to see him and have there photos taken with him for free

please can someone tell me

• Showmasters Admin

hi have just finished making a near perfect fully remote control r2d2 droid, with rotating dome lights, sounds and even a pop up periscope

i have seen daleks there before, do you have to pay or do they let you just turn up like people do in their fancy dress costumes

i think people would love to see him and have there photos taken with him for free

yes we would love to see it there bring him along

jason

cool!

Cool, building one of those is something I have always wanted to do! Are you a member of a club? (can't think of the name) because I know there is one attending Star Wars Celebration Europe in July they are having there own little section to show of there work

That's kool, hope you can make the days i'm there, would love a picture :(

hi thanks jason

i will come up when superman is there i would love to get a photo of him with my r2d2 and possibly a few other guests sunday would be the most certain day i will drive him around all day so everyone can see him

i did not know they were having a builders club for r2 at celebrayions europe how do you get invovled with it?

thanks

photo of my r2d2 with my son hope you like him

http://a890.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...ea3388d92c56121

hope this works i have loaded him up onto my space hope i have done this correctly

can anyone tell me who i use myspace to upload the link its showing on my space ok

i have set the same picture as my logo on the left hand side of this message

My God he looks great, I do like him, R2D2 not bad either.

ha thats my boy please do not remark on him people might take it the wrong way

he is very happy to have his own r2 to play with at home, he is very good at driving him around the house

i hope you will all come and say hi when he come to the show

http://a890.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...ea3388d92c56121

hope this works i have loaded him up onto my space hope i have done this correctly

Couldn't open your link............

>>Picture<<

You've done a fantastic job, looks perfect! :thumbup:

Then this link was posted.................

He looks awesome :thumbup:

Can't wait to see him properly :dance:

And your son is a cutie :angel:

Cool!! :blink:

Have you ever thought of doing a battle-damaged Artoo?? That would kick ass!! Or how about a Dagobah Artoo?

i might put paint effect on him to dirty him up then when i want him new it just wipes off, i cant afford to make another this cost more than i thought nearly £5000 in all but well worth the time and money

i have made this video i hope the link works

i hope it shows you all what he can do and please let me know what you think

Click here to view your video email!

if this does not work this will

http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/my_r2d2.html

thanks again for viewing please let me know your views

I suppose it would be ideal if Kenny Baker was at C11!

Does he run off a car battery? How will you charge him up during the day (I imagine driving him around wears down the battery a lot).

he has 2 12 volt batteries one for each motor in each foot he can spin on the spot, he will run all day on 12 volt mode or 8 hours on 24 volt mode can can travell upto 8 miles a hour, the electrics and sounds run from a ciruit board set it the dome which has a seperate power supply which will last around 5 hours but do not take long to charge

it takes 2 people to lift him, i have had problems with the motors in the feet the belts jump but its all trial and error im happy with him and the kids in the street love him

doing local carnival this summer and any functions i can get invited to

http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/my_r2d2.html