Any Chance Of Getting Bobby Charlton?

Great guest announcements so far, I have noticed that there are a number of England 66 guests and i was wondering what are the chances of getting Bobby Charlton? He doesn't appear to do many signings so it would be a nice guest to have for so many reasons. What is everyone elses thoughts?

Pull this off Mark and I'll kiss the ground you walk on

LMFAO I readed your post and was thinking ahead and started laughing cause I thought that you was going to say a$$ lol

This is a guest that I always ask for the autographica event but it never happens :blush: I really need him to help complete my '66 world cup england squad ffs its was easier to get Bobby Moores lol

When ever I pass comment about him to attend an event people just tell me to post my '66 final programme in the post for him to sign as if i'm going to do that what with how reliable royal mail is now-a-days granted it would be insured but that would never replace it.

And Mark if you can pull this one off I'kiss............................... LOL

lol I'm in the same situation how did you get Bobby Moores

I had to buy the bugger! Luckly enough Mick from MSPG put in contact with someone and they done it me at a reduced cost although it was still expensive its a shame that I will never have it on my programme. I have also got Kenneth Wolstenholme as well although again this is seperate I am not far from completing the collection and it will look ace complete and with the additions signed next to it all framed. Just need this event to pull Bobby out of the bag lets see what kinda pull they have got! The other event in the Midlands never got him (and they seem to be moving away from the 66 crowd at the moment) so lets see if the people behind this event have any more clout than anyone else has.

lol I'm in the same situation how did you get Bobby Moores

I had to buy the bugger! Luckly enough Mick from MSPG put in contact with someone and they done it me at a reduced cost although it was still expensive its a shame that I will never have it on my programme. I have also got Kenneth Wolstenholme as well although again this is seperate I am not far from completing the collection and it will look ace complete and with the additions signed next to it all framed. Just need this event to pull Bobby out of the bag lets see what kinda pull they have got! The other event in the Midlands never got him (and they seem to be moving away from the 66 crowd at the moment) so lets see if the people behind this event have any more clout than anyone else has.

the other has a contract with someone else now

The one problem although his brother may be going is Bobby Charlton doesn't do many, if any public signings for two reasons.

1) He signs quite easily through the post

But

2) He is a director of Manchester United F.C making it hard for him to leave the club if an important meeting is called on that specific day.

The one problem although his brother may be going is Bobby Charlton doesn't do many, if any public signings for two reasons.

1) He signs quite easily through the post

But

2) He is a director of Manchester United F.C making it hard for him to leave the club if an important meeting is called on that specific day.

I know he's a busy guy at Man U but as per number one there isnt a cat in hells chance I am willing to post my '66 finals programme to him. I was having a lengthy chat to his brother once and he was like just post it to him, he will sign it for ya no problem. When I explained to him that I was to afraid to use the post and even if it was insured it would never replace my treasured item if it went missing. He was like 'eye I dont blame ya thinking about it' GRrrrr come on Sports Mania people make my day!!

• 4 weeks later...

if they can just get BOTH charltons and have all the remaining 10 england 66 squad, i am there.

would hope bobby could be a posibility tho. I know people keep saying that as he is a director at man u he cant always get to signing sessions, but as this is during the close season, and man u will efectively be on summer hols, surely there must be a chance?

heres hopin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tell me about it ;) it is the one guest that I have always asked for to appear at Autographica thinking that he would be a great guest there as he fits the bill for that kind of event. When this event started I thought my luck might be in. I am not sure if anyone has ever attempted to get him or they just haven't looked into it. I hope my request will be fulfilled one day.

Tell me about it :D it is the one guest that I have always asked for to appear at Autographica thinking that he would be a great guest there as he fits the bill for that kind of event. When this event started I thought my luck might be in. I am not sure if anyone has ever attempted to get him or they just haven't looked into it. I hope my request will be fulfilled one day.

Do you honestly think that Mark would have thought, "I'll get the 1966 World Cup winning squad together but I won't bother with Bobby Charlton"?

• 1 month later...

Having had a lengthy chat with Jack Charlton on the sunday (try 2 hrs in our car up the motorway lol)

He mentioned a few times that Bobby isn't a great fan of signing events and as stated earlier prefers to do it via post. He didn't say however that he would NEVER do them, so I'm with you on this one Max, we need Bobby for next years event. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...