Oh my goodness!

hobbitslut

From Outpost Galifrey:

'The MediaGuardian website's "Media Monkey" diary column (requires free registration to view) has picked up on the recent tabloid rumours about actor Jason Statham being a possible contender for the role of the Eleventh Doctor as and when David Tennant decides to leave the series.

"The BBC may still be denying speculation that David Tennant will leave his role as Doctor Who during the fourth series of the new generation Doctor - he is currently filming the third - but names have started to filter though as to who his replacement might be," reports the column. "Monkey has been told that a name under serious consideration within the BBC is that of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels actor Jason Statham. Apparently BBC controller of fiction Jane Tranter wants to "sex up" the sci-fi series once Tennant departs and thinks Statham - the former squeeze of model Kelly Brook - is the man for the job. Watch this space..."

As with the previous reports regarding Statham, this appears to be nothing more than rumour, with no solid evidence available of when - and indeed, if - David Tennant currently plans to leave the series.'

I think The Sun started off the rumour and it has grown. This has been denied by the BBC and other sources.

(But then they denied Ecclestone leaving too)

:D

What do people think of Jason Statham as a replacement?

Edited by hobbitslut

What do people think of Jason Statham as a replacement?

*Head hits table* If he becomes the new doctor I don't think I'll watch, the guy can't act, he just runs around blowing things up and that would not make a good dr who! Why do they need to 'sex up' the show? It's doing brilliantly as it is, just leave it alone.

The Doctor has always been a geeky/strange kind of character and they should keep with that. My recommendation would be James Callis who plays Gaius Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica. I think he'd be a good doctor (or a good master if the character ever comes back).

Is anybody else a bit worried about how quickly they seem to be going through doctors? There are only 4 more actors who can play the role and if they go through them at the rate they are doing we'll only have another, maybe, 6 years :YAHOO:

Edited by Quirky Koala

To be honest this is a rumour which is a load of rubbish, The only people that know when David is leaving is David himself, Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner and its never been discussed outside of them.

As for Jason Statham, it would be the biggest TV mistake EVER.

How hard would it be for DT to say "No. I am not leaving during season 4."? He just refuses to answer the question. Makes me think he COULD be leaving cos we all know the Beeb has fibbed in the past about their stars leaving. Plus I am wondering if Timelords can be cloned from severed hands thus allowing a fresh series of regenerations...

Andy

:thumbup:

How hard would it be for DT to say "No. I am not leaving during season 4."? He just refuses to answer the question. Makes me think he COULD be leaving cos we all know the Beeb has fibbed in the past about their stars leaving. Plus I am wondering if Timelords can be cloned from severed hands thus allowing a fresh series of regenerations...

Andy

Nah Paul McGann's Doctor will step out of the shower and he starts from eight again

I doubt David Tennant will commit to series 4 until the BBC actually commissions it.

So far they have not commissioned anything beyond series 3 so any talk of David Tennant leaving would be pure speculation, probably from the tabloids on a slow news day.

Personally, I'd like to see Richard E. Grant as the next Doctor.

He's already been the Doctor twice albeit Unofficially (once in the CIN Spoof, and once in a series of Audio Books as the 9th Doctor), so I think he should get a shot at being the Official Doctor.

Another thing; I've heard that if the Doctor can make it back to Gallifrey and the Time Lords, he can have his Re-Generations "Reset". I don't know if this is right, or how they'd do this now......

Personally, I'd like to see Richard E. Grant as the next Doctor.

Me too, I think he'd be great.

As for David Tennant leaving, I'm holding out untill some sort of official announcement is made, I try to ignore rumours as much as possible.