Geoffrey Holder & Gloria Hendry

Guest Dr jones

Did anyone meet Geoffrey Holder, Gloria Hendry and Stanley Morgan? Or any of the bond guests at all?

What were they like? Can people please post photos thanks!

Well ... since you asked, Geoffrey Holder was the rudest, most awkward, ungracious Bond guest I have encountered. I appreciate that he is quite elderly, but flatly refusing to add his character name or movie title ? Embarassing me in front of friends and crew ? Thoroughly uncomfortable and embarassing experience with a grumpy old man !

Gloria Hendry was a diamond though - spoke highly of Yaphet Kotto, and was generally very friendly, even when I said I was resisting temptation to call her Rosie. My poster was lying across her photo selection, and she accidentally poked her pen through the paper on a ridge, but I didn't mind since it just made the experience more memorable, and the tear was quite small and repairable.

LHJ was nice - showed an interest in my multi-signed poster (even though she see's them all the time) and chatted for a while. Not sure she likes Julian Glover though :YAHOO:

Those were the only Bond guests I met this time - gave Bouchet a wide berth since I had a row with her in Birmingham a while back - you will sign my poster where I want you to, thank you !

Cool very two different experinces - I know someone who met Geoffrey about a year and a bit ago at a small convention in the USA and said Geoffrey wasnt very intrested in talking about Bond.

Can someone upload there photos of Geoffrey Holder and Gloria Hendry thanks!

I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience Dufresne :WINCE:

I was lucky to have had a better experience; I met Geoffrey to get an autograph for my sister, and I asked him to write his character name and a quote, and he didn't write the character but he personalised it for her and did write the quote: 'it's going to be a beautiful day' although he did jokingly complain that it was tacky :dance: He said something about his hands not being very good for writing, so I was pleasantly surprised he agreed to the quote.

I found him to be pleasant and courteous; he shook hands, exchanged pleasantries, took care over the autograph (quite a long quote to fit in black ink onto not very much white space!), chatted a little bit about Bond villians, and was happy to pose for a photo with the autograph so I could show my sister, and thanked me for coming.

I'll upload the photo when I've developed the camera- darn these old fashioned disposable types! :whistling:

Laura x

I saw Geoffrey lateish Sunday, and asked him to add a line from the scene (him with Seymour, and he's playing the flute). He wouldn't because it had no relation to the sig. We did have a chat about Charlie and the Choc factory.

Very laid back/bored/tired. Was nice to see him though. Wanted to meet Gloria, but as a friend hopefully had my Bond autos sorted already, and I was on a budget, will see how things showed up.

Well ... since you asked, Geoffrey Holder was the rudest, most awkward, ungracious Bond guest I have encountered. I appreciate that he is quite elderly, but flatly refusing to add his character name or movie title ? Embarassing me in front of friends and crew ? Thoroughly uncomfortable and embarassing experience with a grumpy old man !

load of rubbish as far as im concerned!just because he didnt wish to do as you wanted,doesnt make him rude. :unsure:

by the way, reason he doesnt like writing the bond character name is because a)he finds it daft as if your meeting him you obviously know who he played and b)he says if he did write it it wouldnt be ledgible as his handwriting is bad and its a long name!

Edited by kirsty_

Maybe I should clarify. His rudeness didn’t stem from the refusal, it was more the way he made the refusal. Short, sharp, unobliging (ie RUDE) answers.

I’ve had loads of guests decline to add character / movie names to quotes for their own valid reasons – Carl Weathers springs immediately to mind. I fully respect what any guest would rather not write, but I make no apology for expecting common courtesy from them when they decline, and Geoffrey Holder did not extend this to me.

• 1 month later...