Help

nightnurseowsa

:D

Hi Showmasters..PLEASE HELP!!!!!

My client is a disabled ventilated lady living in the community who would love to come to C10 and meet some of her favourite stars.

She has rather a large wheelchair as it has to carry a ventilator, emergency resuscitation equiptment and she has an entourage of a nurse and support worker as well as wanting to come with her husband and two small children.

IS THERE ANY WAY SHE CAN ENJOY C10 AND GET TO MEET SOME STARS?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you could possibly put forward :smile:

In anticipation

XX Nursey XX

Hi Nursey

I've copied and pasted this from TooTall's FAQ regarding assistance for attendees with disabilities;

'If you have specific worries/concerns about the event. It's best that you email SM info@showmastersonline.com and explain your concerns. SM are very busy most of the time and do get a lot of mail so it's best to make sure you put something in the subject that makes it obvious what it's about, something like "DISABLED PERSON REQUIRES ADVICE". That way it will stand out.'

I'm not from Showmasters so I can't really suggest much, but I'd tentatively assume that so long as you can reassure the organisers that your client won't be at further risk from attending they'll try to help however they can. I can't see the number of accompanying people being a problem; C10 is free entry and the virtual tickets are free too. The lanes for the signing are rope so can be moved if necessary to accommodate the size of the chair.

I'd call Showmasters on 01908 671138 and spell out your situation with the equipment, the fact that all necessary personnel with be with your client throughout the day and all that; they should be able to tell you about ambulance access etc.

Very best of luck!! :D

Okay, I haven't actually said anything useful have I sorry! :smile:

Laura x

Edited by Lozzy

Hi Nursey

I've copied and pasted this from TooTall's FAQ regarding assistance for attendees with disabilities;

'If you have specific worries/concerns about the event. It's best that you email SM info@showmastersonline.com and explain your concerns. SM are very busy most of the time and do get a lot of mail so it's best to make sure you put something in the subject that makes it obvious what it's about, something like "DISABLED PERSON REQUIRES ADVICE". That way it will stand out.'

I'm not from Showmasters so I can't really suggest much, but I'd tentatively assume that so long as you can reassure the organisers that your client won't be at further risk from attending they'll try to help however they can. I can't see the number of accompanying people being a problem; C10 is free entry and the virtual tickets are free too. The lanes for the signing are rope so can be moved if necessary to accommodate the size of the chair.

I'd call Showmasters on 01908 671138 and spell out your situation with the equipment, the fact that all necessary personnel with be with your client throughout the day and all that; they should be able to tell you about ambulance access etc.

Very best of luck!! :smile:

Okay, I haven't actually said anything useful have I sorry! :unsure:

Laura x

Thats fab advice..... thanks honey.. i will be on the phone this morning.. if no lucky then emails aloud.. many thanks again. If any one has any further advice or even if the showmasters are online..... MWA!!!! advice please XXXX

Ta Nursey

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

There's a whole section in the FAQ >>HERE<< about this.

As Lozzy said the best thing to do is ring Showmasters and explain the situation. They will do their best to help.

The only issues with any wheel chair is the large crowds that Collectormania gets. But with the full entourage you've got you should be fine. Lots of "Mind your backs please!", and "Excuse me please!" will be needed.

Access to the building is very easy as it is a large shopping centre, and as Lozzy has said the queues to the signing areas are roped, so these ropes can be moved easily to allow wheel chair access.

We have had numorous wheel chair users at Showmasters events in the past. We have always been able to allow them access to the stars.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

Well I just thought I'd inform you about them being busy so you knew they were doing something else :wub:

You could always phone them if you're worried about them not emailing back, perhaps it's best to talk to them direct?

They look on here frequently so they will see that you've sent an email. Give them a call if you're still that concerned.

HI there, again..... thanks peeps.. it is appreciated/ MWAH.. i tried phoning but just get recorded info on GMEX.... is there an opening time for the line?

Sorry.. too many questions xx

LUBS YA ALL XX

Nursey

:( Just noticed im the oldest member in this posting lol :wub:

theoretically, 9-5 i think?

but i saw posts somewhere suggesting that the early afternoon is probably the best time to call. not sure on that though, but hey, its the one time nearly anyone's gonna be sittin in their office - trying to digest a good lunch, and feelin lazy :wub:

any one know how i can contact MK centre security to try to organise a reserved disabled parking space? have large bus.. will travel

Looking on the website at http://www.thecentremk.com

the disabled facilities bit mainly goes on about shopmobility. Certainly no mention of being able to reserve disabled parking spaces. Looking at the customer services page, you could call one of the customer services desks in the centre (01908 398 115). Alternatively, looking at the "contact us" page on their site, you can call them on 0870 890 2530, fax them on 01908 604306 or perhaps best as a starter, fill in an e-mail form in which you could detail your needs - that's at http://www.thecentremk.com/ContactUs.aspx

:P ANGELS>>>>> YOUR ALL ANGELS !!!! ty so much for your help.... as you can understand it is going to be super tricky organising this but.. all the help that you have offered has been extremely appreciated.....

Anyone turning up in costume fancy looking for a lady in a huge wheelchair with huge entourage on saturday afternoon? Come over and say hi! you dont know how much it would make our day!

Thanks again xx

Nursey

• Moderators

There are always plenty of people around in costume that are friendly and have photos taken with those that ask etc so I'm sure you could always say hi to them and stuff, I know they love the attention :P

Edited by DavidB

• 2 weeks later...

HI people, many thanks to you all who spent time giving me the help i needed to make saturday a very special day for a special lady. My client is so excited and showasters have been fab! The security guards also deserve a special thanks for the help they have promised.

Cant thank you all enough and cant wait til Saturday ( well friday cos im going to check it out on my day off )

BIG KISSES

NURSEY XX