Apologies from Showmasters

awww :D wish i had met some of u guys posting on these boards there on saturday oh well next may i'll be there again so hopefully next time!!

i think its april actually... youd have to check the future events page but im sure its april

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the guests really appeceatied when i said to the hobbis thanks for flying over to collectormaina beacuse i am sure they must be jet laged and stuff, i hope loads of other of the forums people said thanks too HINT HINT or they may well say thanks tomorrow!

Had a great time, managed to meet Dom, Sean and Elijah. We arrived around 8.10 (freezing) and with a bit of rejoining queues to get the right amount of ticket allocation had all the signatures by 3.30.

I queued next to a lady who had 18 posters and photographs for Dom (and no doubt the other two) to sign. This type of thoughtless greedy idiot spoils events for all, taking the place of 17 other people who could have met him. She was quite happy that they wouldn't be personalized, easier to sell no doubt. Maybe put a limit on the amount of items per person next time.

Enjoyed the Two Towers talk on the Saturday, would have been great to have another one of the big guests in our group, but never mind, a top weekend and a pleasure to be there.

Thanks, see you next time.

Paul

i think the guests really appeceatied when i said to the hobbis thanks for flying over to collectormaina beacuse i am sure they must be jet laged and stuff, i hope loads of other of the forums people said thanks too HINT HINT or they may well say thanks tomorrow!

actually i wish id said that now!! nothin entered my head to ask except how r ya n im fine thanx n bye n thanx lol i couldnt think! wish id said that now

april 30 to the something of may yep i checked lol cant wait!!! it will be the same guests tho right cause i want to mee iyari limon! she seemed soooo nice and cool to talk to but i didnt have enough money to meet her

No totally different guest list but 1 or 2 of the guests may return. 4 guests have already been announced -

robert piccardo

corin nemec

robert englund

brad dourif

Even though I didn't get to meet everyone I wanted (i.e Elijah and Dom) I really didn't find myself dissapointed! Just the mere fact I was there was the best feeling in the world! Knowing I was just metres away from people I admire so much was so thrilling!

I actually think C4 was organised pretty well - and I would never have been able to manage anything like this and i think all the Showmasters did a great job!

Thank you so much!

Got back from C4 a couple of hours ago and it was a bit dissapointing. I did manage to get everyone except the Hobbits so it wasn't too bad but there was no Q management whatsoever. Please next time use some ropes, or traffics or bit of string, anything but give us designated queing areas. This helps us the atendees, make sure we stand in the right place and it stops "gawkers" getting in the way as they would be blocked out by the queues. I saw some rope and poles so next time use them. :)

And please do something about dealers Q jumping. I was in the Q for Iyari and just about to get my photo when what I can only assume was a dealer is moved in to buy somewhere in the region of 10-15 photos (he paid by cheque so I suspect he's a trusted dealer). He then preceeded to get them ALL signed by Iyari! What made it worse was that the pose he bought (all the same pose) had about 5 left after he finished. It then sold out about 2 people after I got mine. So fans who are queuing are getting shafted by dealers waltzing in with a stack of photos and getting them signed. And he had a whole wad of ASH pictures signed, so I'm sure he's a dealer. Please either make the dealers queue or make them wait till after the fans have got theirs rather than rubbing it in their noses right in front of them!!!!!

Another attempt to get the hobbits tomorrow me thinks. :vader:

(1) Will people stop going on about how wonderful and how much we should appreciate the Showmasters crew, i was under the impression that Showmasters put these events on for business purposes. The attending "stars"are paid well, as are Showmasters and the crew.

(2) I havent attended any of the other Collectors fairs (i have been to other (and BETTER) memorabilia fairs) and used the website for information before attending.

Nowhere on the website did it mention that we would need tickets to meet certain stars (i have a saved webpage that states NO TICKETS ARE NEEDED)

It also states that the event opens at 10am. (which according to this forum, it didnt. It started way earlier than that.)

(3) I read a lot about how hard to organize this event was. Well myself and my friends didnt see ANY organization at all. The queing system was totally ineffective and caused people to queue way longer than would have been needed if the event was organized correctly

(and ive been to many events where they were organized correctly and efficiently)

(4)We travelled around 3hrs to this event (each way) only to find that all tickets were gone (the tickets that we didnt even know about) and the people we didnt need tickets for(few and far between) had line up times of between 2-5hrs. Awful.

(5) whos idea is it or was it to hold this thing in the middle of a busy shopping centre? Hair brained idea or what

(6) If they had any idea how many people were going to turn up, from the LOTR stars alone, then where were the safety issues? Good job there wasnt a fire or a bomb scare isnt it!

(7) Before anyone goes mad at me for complaining (and i and my group have every right to complain) DONT! Like i said, ive been to several other events and none of the problems that i saw today were there. Ive seen many people questioning whether they shall attend C5 or not. I for one WONT. (clap hands everyone, one less moaning group!) As i was led to believe that the Showmasters events were the best around. Today proves them to be the worst organized event since the Jean Michel Jarre concert in Denmark!!!!

(8) Showmasters....Sort yourself out. Your supposed to be running a business. And all you ran was a disaster.

(No need for anyones mother to reply to this posting. I was p*ssed off today, I shall still be p*ssed off tomorrow)

End of Sermon!!

rite well everyones entitiled to their own opinion but i do have to say oine thing. i dont think the shopping centre opened until 10 whether the guests started at 10 i dont know but i do know that some people arrived b4 hand to que up for tickets (which it does actually say there are it says no tickets for ENTRY then goes onto say VIRTUAL TICKET SYSTEM or soemthing to that effect)

depending on waht time u came and stayed till depends on the queues. i admit the hobbits had long queues but thats understandable. the hp guests had empty queing areas and i got photos with every single one of them at around 3/4pm

all i can say is if u dont like the show then dont come itll just mean one less person fihgitng to meet the stars that have come to meet their fans - and im sure the showmasters appreciate your comments

I had a great time today as well as at C3.

Luckily I didn't want any LOTR auto's or I may have been disappointed but then people that have been to similar events know to expect queues.

The only thing I would have done different is to make it clearly on the website for people that it is first come, first served basis that the tickets are given out and that they may be given out before the event is due to start.

I think Showmasters have run a great event and applaud them for it - thanx guys. It must be very hard to organise something like this and then disappointing to have people complain and state that they will no longer attend any Showmasters event.

I will still attend the next event if there's an auto that I want. I like the venue also but that's because I have a very young baby (10 wks) and there's lots of baby changing & feeding facilities which there wouldn't be at the NEC.

Look forward to then next event.

Nafrayu

hmmm looks like a saying needs to be said here to the idiot who is called stuartbannerman... ok firstly if u have never been how can u comment on it!!! and it said tickets for screenings only if u can read! :blush: so i think u need to go to one to experience it before shouting ur mouth off on how disorganized it was! and im sure theres going to be alot of people agreeing with me on this one..... ur choice if u go or not but dont diss showmasters for it all their providing the service uve just got to read and dont sit back and expect them to bring the quests to u if u want my honest opinion i think ur very stupid!!!!...also u go to ur even better event that uve said uve been to if u dont like it dont go!

Okay. so anyone who wasnt happy today is an idiot. Thanks for that one.

I shall be going to the better organized event. Got that one sorted too.

No reason to call me an idiot just because i have attended the very well advertised (kind of) C4. Ive been to MANY other events by other companies. So im not a novice.

I dont call you an idiot for siding with the Showmaster people. Nor do i insult them personally. I just said that (and stand by it) it was a total mess.

People are forgetting that at the end of the day Showmasters are in these events (as are the stars) to make a profit (which im damn sure they did)

Lets treat it like a business shall we and not a free for all riot and slanging match.

Yours Sincerely. A disgruntled and one time customer........

I ahd a great time today and yesterday at C4> I really dont think there was much more the Showmasters could ahve done. There was one thing however. I think that there could have been an more formal que thing at the start, by where everyone was milling around. But I think that might have been people rather than the S.M's

I ahd a great time today and yesterday at C4> I really dont think there was much more the Showmasters could ahve done. There was one thing however. I think that there could have been an more formal que thing at the start, by where everyone was milling around. But I think that might have been people rather than the S.M's

i agree i totally dont think the sm's can do anything to stop people crowding round besides growing 10 foot arms or soemthing :( so yeah great event as good as could be organisation on the people queing front and err cant wait for april/may!!! o i have 1 complaint though y does it have 2 be 18 to help? isnt 16 enough? ill be 16 by next october well actually ill be 16 by november this year n id really love to help out but thats my only complaint

Okay. so anyone who wasnt happy today is an idiot. Thanks for that one.

I shall be going to the better organized event. Got that one sorted too.

No reason to call me an idiot just because i have attended the very well advertised (kind of) C4. Ive been to MANY other events by other companies. So im not a novice.

I dont call you an idiot for siding with the Showmaster people. Nor do i insult them personally. I just said that (and stand by it) it was a total mess.

People are forgetting that at the end of the day Showmasters are in these events (as are the stars) to make a profit (which im damn sure they did)

Lets treat it like a business shall we and not a free for all riot and slanging match.

Yours Sincerely. A disgruntled and one time customer........

ok then thats ur opinion.. and no not everyone who didnt enjoy C4 are stupid ur just saying things like (oh high fives cause that was called for god! how old are u 12???) im not argueing with u or anything im just saying that was uncalled for.. ok ur going to better event well u go to them and enjoy urself... for those who cant afford such luxurys this is the best some people can get and showmasters appologised for people who were unhappy which u ignored!! but then u go saying things like u did it was just down right wrong! ive sided with showmasters because their service was great and i think if u read thank u threads on here they will say exactly the same thing... i mean so what they make a profit its called a job! and they did it very very well!

Hey stuart sounds like life in general to you is disappointing. So I though that I would give you some help, no charge of course, I am not in it for the profit, other than the education of individuals who have a bad out look in general...

Please repeat to yourself daily or at the beginning of one of your outbursts,

I( say your real name here) will try and be a decent human being to others. I (state your name again) realize in life, disappointments come and go, but on the whole life is good.

I will try and watch my mouth when I start to say something mean, and realize that I have issues to deal with.

If I am unable to control myself, I will not take my rage out on others, but instead, put my face in a pillow and cry and stomp my feet! Really it works!!!

If this is your biggest complaint in life, well your doing well. ;) Im falling and I cant get up...........

We've just driven 3 hours back from C4 and have to say I thought it was a really good day. We got there early (just like we'd been advised to by a nice lady yesterday) and we got to see everyone we wanted to see except Elijah Wood. There were too many rubber-neckers blocking up the place who were just "having a look", and the virtual queues didn't work as well as they could have, but it must be very difficult to organise an event such as this.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the people who helped three "newbies" on Saturday and Sunday and a special thank you to the guy who took two items for my son to get signed by Elijah - you are a star!!

Time to save up for the next one!

I went 2day and I've got to admit that I had absolutely zero interest in seeing any of the hobbit dudes. Nevertheless I had one fulfilling day (Kristianna Loken is hot!). Other members of my party wanted to go hobbit spotting but we never got there til after 10 so they lucked out.

Still we all came back happy - got loads of autographs and spent less in total than we did for our tickets before autographs at another recent event.

Roll on C5. ;)

Thank you again Showmasters for a great day! I got the autographs I wanted and if I got the hobbits as well that was bonus (which I didn't in the end). I do fell sorry for the people who came especially for them but you can't win them all. Before now i have travelled for hours to signings and got nothing. I don't believe that you should feel bad in any way about the comments put on this message board. Some of them are constructive at least. There were some mix ups, you can't please everybody and most people that I saw weren't being particularly helpful. Every steward I spoke to was extremely helpful even if they were being harassed by all and sundry at the time. All I can say is learn from your mistakes, keep the stars coming however big or small they are (no offence to warwick davies and friends) have plenty of tickets and if you are going to have lots of big names consider the days more carefully. There is no doubt, I will be coming to C5 (work permitting) ;)

;) Sorry but I have to say I totally agree that the organisation was very unsatisfactory... more in terms of how the website was misleading! It didnt state that you needed tickets to meet the stars - I appreciate that you had to pay for an autograph and that they cant see every single person there, but I thought that it was unfair that after travelling for hours that when we got there we were told 'you'll have to come back tomorrow'. I found it very disappointing and from the looks on a lot of peoples faces there (and reading these boards) I'm glad I'm not alone! I think the CM team need to be a little better at providing the essensial info next time!

OK, anyone that has any complaints about the opening times being revised on the Sunday needs their to take a moment to think logically...

I'm not denying that the event was advertised as "doors open at 10am", but waiting until 10am before opening the doors and giving out tickets would not have changed the fact that 1000 people at least were there before that time.

Sticking to the 10am opening time would just have meant that people arriving then would have joined a queue 1000+ people long and still not got any tickets at the end of it. And all the malcontents that are complaining now would probably have argued that the doors should have been opened earlier so that they didn't have to pointlessly queue for so long? Am I right or am I right?

Similarly I think the virtual queuing system is a very clever concept. Otherwise there would have been queues 1000 people long at each actor and after 8 hours of standing in line some people would have left disappointed and without any autographs (and would probably start calling out for virtual queues to be set up to save them that hassle)

I for one arrived at 0630 because I knew as everybody should have that there was going to be a lot of demand to see these guests and was met by a queue larger than I expected (I even heard rumours that some people were camping out from midnight!) By 0800 I was a human popsicle and don't think I could have stood the freezing cold for much longer. Thank you Showmasters for opening the doors early and getting things ready to go at 10am as planned, waiting until 10 would just have caused more disruption and may have delayed the start of the autograph session which would have cost some other fortunate people their autographs at the end of the day.

I agree subject 117

If you really want to meet these people haul your butt there early! I didn't so i'm going back tomorrow EARLY! With advice from David B I'm getting there before the sun rises! (No i'm not a vampire)

I had a great time, i'm tired but would/will do it again

As for some people (stuart) I too am no novice and have been to soo many other cons and dont remember any going too well. You are obviously a steward or shock horror an organizer!!!! You want to do better send me tickets for your con, I cant wait for the mistakes. I know of no events/cons which didnt have problems did you see watchdog?

:angel:;):angel:

Agree entirely. And opening up the signing tickets to the internet is only going to have people moaning "what about us who haven't got the internet".

I missed a David Boreneaz sig recently because 470 of the 500 signing tickets went to pre orders on the net and only 30 were available to queing on the day.