The Hotel Bar

Guest WaterBoy

So, have we all recovered then?

mines a G&T

S :YAHOO:

Yes, have you recovered Sparks?

Not quiet. I had a great time at the show, even though it was stressful getting the sound stuff done for the parties in the short time we had. I enjoy that kind of challenge even if I don't seem to at the time. I had a great bunch of people working with me, without whom we would never have been able to be ready on time. They know who they are and all deserve a medal. Unfortunely the day I arrived home I seem to have picked up a throat infection. (it seemed to be going round, I know Stef had it on the Tuesday Morning) and I STILL have it now :-( hopefullyu it will be better before the next show :YAHOO:

You did a great job with the AV - it sounded wonderful - I don't know how you dealt with the sound check for Michael!

Now barman is that coffee machine fixed - I'm still waiting for my Latte!

Anne

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I have recovered now.

Not sure what to make of C11. On the plus side I found a new use for a file, had an amazing friday night, had a great roomie, stayed in a great hotel and did some cool stuff. On the down side I seem to have lost some friends.

:D

I hope that people liked the speed of the drop. Out by nine is a new record. I also hoped that people liked the James Marsters CD. Although I may not be a fan, its good to listen to something different.

Here's looking forward to Sportsmania.

:YAHOO:

Paul

So, have we all recovered then?

mines a G&T

S :D

Yes, have you recovered Sparks?

Not quiet. I had a great time at the show, even though it was stressful getting the sound stuff done for the parties in the short time we had. I enjoy that kind of challenge even if I don't seem to at the time. I had a great bunch of people working with me, without whom we would never have been able to be ready on time. They know who they are and all deserve a medal. Unfortunely the day I arrived home I seem to have picked up a throat infection. (it seemed to be going round, I know Stef had it on the Tuesday Morning) and I STILL have it now :-( hopefullyu it will be better before the next show :D

You did a great job with the AV - it sounded wonderful - I don't know how you dealt with the sound check for Michael!

Now barman is that coffee machine fixed - I'm still waiting for my Latte!

Anne

Michael's sound check was a hoot! when you sound check bands there is a particular process you go through, starting with the bass drum then, toms...snare and cymbals before moving onto the bass guitar, rythym guitar, lead then vocals. Michael did the sound check as if he was a band running through the kit in the right order before doing a song to "Check" he sounded good. It's a real pity he didn't manage to fit in "Whole lotta love" in his set! Now if we only had had the remote for the DVD there wouldn't have been any stress at all!!!!

I remember you telling us all about that on the Tuesday (that was the day we left?) Sounded excellent, shame I missed all that, I can say one word 'Wetherspoons' bad bad people!

I've recovered from the weekend, but normally life is a mix, I have a job, which is good, but my poor dog 'Tia' is poorly at the moment, we just got her back from the vets today. Much better, but still not right, its a long road, but will get there!

How's everyone else?

Has the barman fixed the coffee machine yet? hehehe!

I'll have a G&T, with a JD& coke and a beer chaser, please, I really need it!!!

Maybe this should be a sports bar for the next show.....

Live baseball and golf on the TV, pool table, sports drinks promotions

Could be good.......

Paul

Could be good.......

Paul

looks like i can't make the next show. :P Moira's 5th Birthday is on the saturday and i can't bring myself not to be there.

The trails of parenthood!

Could be good.......

Paul

looks like i can't make the next show. :P Moira's 5th Birthday is on the saturday and i can't bring myself not to be there.

The trails of parenthood!

You can't miss out on the Jelly and Ice Cream! :P

Oh no, you can't miss all that jelly and ice cream, and all the party games! :whistling:

Oh yes you bloody can!

I had a party for Georgia's 6th birthday last month - it was a nightmare! Never, ever, ever again will I do a party for her (well not until her 16th, or 18th or 21st!). One thing I was grateful for was that it wasn't at home, but in a hall so we had room for a bouncy castle and stuff - but even so. Twenty kids all under the age of 6 - loads of food and party games to keep them amused - I was shattered.

You can tell that I only go to the parties can't you.

Not having any children of my own I can play with them and then hand them back to their parents.

Mind you I am corrupting my Godson well. Started his autograph collection at the age of 2 with a Sylvia Anderson photo. Then added some Thunderbirds and Star Wars Actors. My proudest moment was when he telephoned me about the Daleks.

His father didn't realise he was such a fan of Doctor Who until Christmas when I got him a Captain Jack Photo. He also made sure we were able to watch the programme.

I'm just waiting until he is old enough for me to bring along to Showmasters as Crew. It will cost his parent's a fortune instead of costing me :whistling:

I don't think I could cope with twenty kids hyper from sugar, but you survived to tell the tale :whistling:

Wow, Ann, your godson has started early, a crew member in the making :thumbup:

I'm hoping his dad will bring him along to Sportsmania, Scott is a big fan of Rugby and even went on the New Zealand tour. Conor (my godson) would love it as well. I think his dad is trying to get him into the Sports side rather than TV :whistling: But it's not really working - started to corrupt him early - he had Thunderbird, Captain Scarlet & Stingray costumes for his 2nd birthday and a naboo space fighter (? spelling) playhouse for his 3rd birthday. I've tried to keep the theme going with something each year since then and he's now 9!

His little brother Lewis (4) only seems to be into Thomas the Tank Engine and Spitfires at the moment. They went to Duxford for his birthday!

Still I can keep trying. Looking forward to a Dr Who event in Peterborough next week. Just at our local museum but it looks like it's going to be hectic and I've offered to help the charity group there!

No rest for the wicked :thumbup:

Anne

Oh no, you can't miss all that jelly and ice cream, and all the party games! :D

Twenty kids all under the age of 6 - loads of food and party games to keep them amused - I was shattered.

So not at all like sorting out the Crew hotel rooms......

Paul

Oh no, you can't miss all that jelly and ice cream, and all the party games! :D

Twenty kids all under the age of 6 - loads of food and party games to keep them amused - I was shattered.

So not at all like sorting out the Crew hotel rooms......

Paul

Nah you lot are easy to deal with. If you don't comply with my orders, you don't get a hotel room :D

Oh no, you can't miss all that jelly and ice cream, and all the party games! ;)

Oh yes you bloody can!

I had a party for Georgia's 6th birthday last month - it was a nightmare! Never, ever, ever again will I do a party for her (well not until her 16th, or 18th or 21st!). One thing I was grateful for was that it wasn't at home, but in a hall so we had room for a bouncy castle and stuff - but even so. Twenty kids all under the age of 6 - loads of food and party games to keep them amused - I was shattered.

I'm having nightmares already!!!! :WINCE:

So what is the protocol for Friday night at Sportsmania?

Normally on setup evening, we meet in the hotel bar

but

Normally on Friday night at MK we go to City Limits

but

The pub next door to the hotel (if the crew are in the same one) is quite good

Any ideas?

Paul

I'm having nightmares already!!!! ;)

Trust me, you'll be reaching for the alcohol...... :dance:

you mean I have to have an excuse!!!!

Of course not - your Sparks - you never have to have an excuse :D

that's true :dance:

BTW it's you're not your in the context you are using. (Spot who is marking exam scripts ;) )

I'm having nightmares already!!!! :huh:

Trust me, you'll be reaching for the alcohol...... :D

you mean I have to have an excuse!!!!

Of course not - your Sparks - you never have to have an excuse :D

that's true :YAHOO:

BTW it's you're not your in the context you are using. (Spot who is marking exam scripts :WINCE: )

You pedant you : :poki:

I have a boss who is always correcting this as well and admits to being a founder member of Pedant's anoni-mouse

A

So what is the protocol for Friday night at Sportsmania?

Normally on setup evening, we meet in the hotel bar

but

Normally on Friday night at MK we go to City Limits

but

The pub next door to the hotel (if the crew are in the same one) is quite good

Any ideas?

Paul

Anyone?

Paul