No more Rose

Evie_Nitram

Billie Piper has announced that she's leaving Doctor Who at the end of the series to pursue her next role as Sally Lockhart in the Philip Pullman series "ruby in the smoke", dramatised by the BBC.

She won't say whether her character will be killed off or just leave the series, but that the tardis will make it's 'scariest journey yet' in the episode 'Doomsday'...

Should be interesting to see who they get to replace her... and for the record, Ruby in the Smoke is an excellent book, and Billie is perfect for the lead role of Sally!! I can't wait for that!!

I think Billie's adorable, but I can't say I'm sorry to see the back of Rose, as I loathed her with a passion - not her fault, but there you go. Hope she goes on to have a lot of fun in what she does in the future! :WAVE:

I just hope we don't get an identikit replacement! :D

And I wonder what this will mean for the character of Jackie? I like her! :blink:

Edited by yeltz-lass

i just read that somewhere...although my bruvva said to me yesterday i just didnt beleieve him :D

its good though..like david tennett joining,the new companion means each new season has something to draw in fans and make it diffrent from the last, no buffy style "same ol' same ol' syndrome"

i heard a while back the last ep was gonna be cybermen vs daleks ... but i think that may have been fanboys dreaming (would be pretty cool though)

i heard a while back the last ep was gonna be cybermen vs daleks ... but i think that may have been fanboys dreaming (would be pretty cool though)

****spoilers******

i read today in the Daily star that she will be killed when the daleks and cybermen invade earth..:(

the only currently known cybermen are in another universe, and the daleks are gone. i can't see it bein likely that the doctor will land in another universe again, and it seems that only the tardis might be able to change universes now...

also - since when has the daily star been a highly respected newspaper with such details? :D:lol:

even the last attmepted invasion was stretching it a bit for me - they'd already killed the last dalek, supposedly, and neither it nor the doctor could detect any more daleks.

to bring them in again...its a bit TOO much to me... even in time travel/universe travel, since the time lords were all wiped out despite various universes and time periods...

i see your point, it would be nice to have somthing else, i had origonaly read it was cybermen and gelf but seems not according to the paper but its teh paper lol, but if they wanted to bring them back it would be easy enough for them after all its scifi as ive said

I actually did not mind Billie Piper as Rose, when I originally heard she was the new 'assistant' my views were of another singer turned wannabe actress!!

But she surprised me with her performance in the part!!

Surely in later series, they're going to have to address the issue of the Timelords/ Return of Gallifrey, as is'nt it something like the Doctor only has 12 regenerations?

So in order for the show to continue, they're going to have to do a story that solves that!!

****spoilers******

i read today in the Daily star ....

Woohoo! Finally another Daily star reader :unsure:

return of gallifrey? *confused*

and i've never heard there bein a limit on regenerations... :blink:

The timelords homeworld!

And The Doctors on his last regeneration now isnt he? Tennant is either 11 or 12..

Of course ive only seen like 3 episodes of this whole season so until I get hold of the dvds in a few months, im not going to have a clue about any of the current storyline! Damn parents destroying my TV box grrrrrr...

http://www.unitnews.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=944

I would suggest you have a look at this link

If the BBC are using the classic series, then there are only 2 or 3 actors left who can play the Doctor.

So, in theory, in order for the show to continue after that, they need to do a storyline dealing with how the Doctor can get more regenerations.

In the classic series, the Doctor's arch enemy was granted 5 more 'lives' by the Timelords for assisting the Doctor( this was done in 'The Five Doctors') so only the Timelords themselves have the power to grant more lives.

So if the Doctors the last of his race, in the last Tardis, he can't get more lives. So this means a storyline about the Timelords from the planet Gallifrey needs to be put into motion.

Of course, the BBC might just decide to ignore this particular part of the mythos...

Have you just been watching the new series Doctor Who? by any chance, or out of interest do you watch the classic series?

I would be interested to know also how old you are, and if you did watch the original show, which actor was playing the Doctor at the time?

I am 32, and I 1st started watching Doctor Who when Tom Baker was the Doctor, and the Lady Romana and K9 were his companions!!

Oh BTW, Billie Piper insisted she was quitting at the end of the last series, look what happened there..this is about the 3rd time its been 'confirmed' she's leaving!

And just remembered, damnit I forgot to go stalk her earlier!!! The Dr who locations and filming vans were set up across the road from my work all day yesterday! I meant to pop over and see who was about!

i'm 22, and yeah i vaugely recollect the old ones, but not well.

possibly gallifrey won't need brought in? the face of Bo seems to have some great secret, it might be a power for infinite regenerations.

plus, since he's mentioned that he can't get another tardis grown, i'd assume gallifrey's been destroyed?

unless Bo's secret could be how to restore his race... or unless he's able to mate with a human female and create another of his race?

This is what I'm hoping the secret actually is that the Face Of Bo has:

That the Gallifreyans did somehow survive the TimeWar, either that they fell through Time, like the Dalek did.

Or that something from the planet Gallifrey survived, which eventually will lead to the Doctor, finding a way to bring the Timelords back!!

i dont know about bringing the time lords back, its been a main part of the show that he's the last... but maybe he'll find another way, like some one said the face of bo theory thing is a good idea...

The Doctor can regenerate 13 times which means that there can be 14 actors play the part, David Tennant is number 10.

I think what they will do is bring in another Time Lord as another survivor of the Time War.

they cant do that, if they do that it isnt doctor who, and it isnt the doctor...maybe he will be the MR, mr who? i dont think so lol

I like the idea of bringing in another time lord from somewhere... kinda like Captain Jack from the last series, but someone to actually cross fire with our doctor... Or perhaps a doppleganger land could be interesting...

• 3 weeks later...

Two Things.....

1) I also think that bringing new Time Lords in would be a good idea. Bring them from one of the parralell dimentions, after escaping from the darleks of their own universe.

2) Apparently the Doctor can regenerate more than 13 times, if he can get back to Gallifrey, and have his regeneration clock "reset". The trouble with this is that there are no longer any Time Lords to do this.......

That the Gallifreyans did somehow survive the TimeWar, either that they fell through Time, like the Dalek did.

Or that something from the planet Gallifrey survived, which eventually will lead to the Doctor, finding a way to bring the Timelords back!!

hmmm alternate worlds going on in the finale at the moment, this is another idea I'm going to add to my theories on how the second season will end. Plus R.T Davies said that the Christmas episode won't have the new assistant but there will a big surprise there. So I'm wondering if the two worlds idea is going to continue for the Christmas special.

hmmm alternate worlds going on in the finale at the moment, this is another idea I'm going to add to my theories on how the second season will end. Plus R.T Davies said that the Christmas episode won't have the new assistant but there will a big surprise there. So I'm wondering if the two worlds idea is going to continue for the Christmas special.

after reading the other thread about captain jack comming back i have to wonder if thats the suprise for x-mas?