"Slim" Stargate Releases?

DavidB

• Moderators

Just wondered if anyone knew about the replacement packaging coming for Stargate season boxsets, and whether it's gonna be a cheaper release too? And if it's just R1 or if there's plans for a worldwide release.

I'm only going off what a friend said so sorry if I've got it totally wrong, I just don't know much about Stargate :P

Sony are re-releasing Seasons 1-8 in the US on 13th June in new packaging which will match Atlantis Season 1, to be more accurate instead of 5 amaray dvd cases the sets will contain 3 of the slim-line cases.

Bad news though is that they wont be making the packaging available seperately so you will have to re-buy all the seasons if you want the new packaging and so far there are no plans to re-release them outside the US.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5535

OK I know its Star Trek and not star gate, but their re-releasing TNG in slimline, and rather than the £50-60 trek sets usually are, the new ones are coming out at £25-30, so it seems slimline sets do tend to be released earlier, so if we ever do get the SG ones then should be cheaper..

Not that it helps me any because I already have every single one on dvd lol, except the latest two which I need to buy this week..

Well Seasons 1-7 of SG are already available for less than the price of the re-released TNG sets so I doubt even if they did re-release SG in slimline packaging in the UK they would drop the price any further, after all TNG has been out for 3+ years now with a £80 rrp and not much of a price drop where as certain seasons of SG has been out for around the same time but at half the rrp and with huge price drops already.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill