Football legends

And another current motorsports hero who would be very good to get is Valentino Rossi. I think he lives in London, and during the winter months of the off season, in between any testing, it may be possible to have him appear.

Like I said, it would be a shame to miss meeting sporting greats like this.

975437[/snapback]

Valentino would be a great one to meet. He'd have a massive queue. Another one whos never done a signing show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sound of a separate event for sports stars, there are so many that I would love to meet,  and some of which I have met already, but would love to see again, especially if they would do talks.

It could be a could spin off for Autographica, a sports autograph show. I wonder if Dave and Garry have thought about it.

975949[/snapback]

Either a spin off for Autographica, or a SM event, like a sports version of CM or LFACC. Either way would be good.

At the moment even if we got 3 or 4 sports stars at Autographica, and a handful of good new ones at that other show that has sports, thats only a very few each year for us sports collectors. It would take decades to meet all our heroes. A show on its own for sports does seem to be the way to go to meet the demand thats out there, with so many sports collectors.

In terms of Boxing guests, would love to meet Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns, a particular fight between those two always sticks in my memory.

Other boxers like Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard would also be good. Some of the middleweight match ups often make up for the most exciting fights as they have a nice balance of power and speed.

I am a big fan of tennis and athletics as well.

So would love to meet tennis players like Bjorn Borg, Jimmy Connors, Boris Becker, Steffi Graff etc, or athletes like Roger Bannister, Daley Thompson, Heike Dreschler, Jackie Joyner Kersee etc

The list is pretty much endless !

975949[/snapback]

Agree with all those too. Borg sitting with Mac if they could get both would be amazing. Roger Bannister, it would be brilliant to meet him and get a signed photo from the 4 minute mile. Daley Thompson, one of my childhood heroes.

You're right though - the list is endless. Just thinking of all the different sports that I follow brings up so many ideas of who we could get. And uk like most countries is sports mad of course.

Theres so many possibilities for this.

Hopefully SM or Garry and Dave are reading this thread.

We could think up guest lists for 10 years worth of shows - and thats a good example of how a show like this could run and run.

And so many would be first time signers!

I would really like to meet Alan Shearer!

*does that count? (if not, apologies for wandering in to your topic)*

976033[/snapback]

No need for apologies :unsure: Any ideas are welcome even if its more recent ones that you know.

Shearer would be great. Hes a nice guy too - one of the few big name recent football stars who still signed through the mail after they got really famous.

I'd like to meet him definitely.

Edited by Hans_Blaster

A sports show with say 30 guests would be brilliant.

Especially if you tie it in or around big sporting events , so in June for example you get a lot of ex tennis players around, who have come over for Wimbledon.

Or with the World Cup, the World Cup legends theme.

With the U.K. being sport mad, it is strange that this sort of event has not really happened before.

A sports show with say 30 guests would be brilliant.

Especially if you tie it in or around big sporting events , so in June for example you get a lot of ex tennis players around, who have come over for Wimbledon.

Or with the World Cup, the World Cup legends theme.

With the U.K. being sport mad, it is strange that this sort of event has not really happened before.

976382[/snapback]

It is strange. With a bit of luck we may get what we want. I like the idea of theming it around an event too. I agree, with the ex players already in UK for something like Wimbledon, or ex footballers on their way to a World Cup, or legends on their way to a big FIFA or Olympic type gala that often happen in Switzerland and Monaco annually, then it may be possible to include a visit here as part of their trip.

Try to arrange it around their schedules - well at least in the case of a couple of headliners - so we get more of the big name rarer international ones, rather than just picking a date then finding out that not many can come.

The whole idea of a sports centered show really has a lot of interest for many collectors. And I think a lot of the legends themselves would like the chance to meet with fans too.

• 3 weeks later...