Fanboycomics.com - Horrible Horrible man!

Bohan

i noticed that nowere in bohans post did he state the less than christian demeaner his father took when he confronted craig , and haveing trained with him im sure if bohans father had followd threw with his idea of wipeing the smile of his face he would deffinatly have regretted his actions.

Bohan my friend you are deffinatly going to need to work on your body language , if you get so upset at being yelled at think how you will feel if the next time this happens the stall holder excerses there right to have you arrested wether your innocent or not.

Lol how hillarious are these comments? I need to work on my body language? I was simply standing at this guys stall holding a figure in my right hand along with a burger king bag, my left hand was in my pocket trying to find a £5 note as I did not want to give the guy a £20 as it was a £2 figure, also I may not be the best person for you to try and give lessons on body language to considering that I have Tourettes Syndome!

All I know is that one second I was laughing and joking with my younger brothers about this being the first heroclix figure i have purchased in ages (I always play with the same team you see and they complain as they are constantly updating their collections) then the guy begins shouting!

As for what my Dad did, he did not raise a finger to the guy just simply his voice. He acted the way any father would in this situation, his son was being hassled by some guy and being accused of something he never done, and as for my Dad having less than christian attitude he may not be a devote baptist like I am but you will never meet a more caring man than my father he would do absoloutly anything to help others and constantly puts others before himself. Another thing is I do not know what you meen by you have trained with Craig before, is this a body language reading training class or something?

Craig obviously is not a good judge of characters, because if he was he would know that a theif would not come back to the scene of the crime and ask for an apology, and would not still be upset days after the incident!

So another thread turns into an argument!

Firstly I have only stated the facts in this thread and placed this here as I wanted to make others aware of this situation. There are plenty of threads for people to rejoice over what a lovely day they had this is just 1 thread where somebody wants to let people know that their day was anything but lovely.

I have emailed showmasters but I have often emailed showmasters and got no reply in the past, the forum seems to be the place to post any gripes. I have also emailed fanboycomics.com although their email address they have on their flyers does not exist so I have used their one from their website.

Bohan - Dude, posting a thread like this on Showmasters never works, (I know you were hard done by) but going down this road only leads to arguments and eventually another locked thread with a message from a mod telling you to email Showmasters, which is probably what you should have done to start with. Let them deal with it.

<snip>

Leave Showmasters to deal with this "incident", they will no doubt have already been made aware of the situation.

<snip>

Guys, just realise there are never any winners in these arguments so its pointless to let things rumble on!!!

967911[/snapback]

Some wise words there, although SM probably won't be aware unless somebody has seen this on here and tipped them off, which means they will only have a vague awareness of the problem until they read the whole thread.

And the whole idea of e-mailing SM after the event is just a non-starter. Given the fact that they have numerous things to tidy up and nail down, plus some rest to catch up on, plus all the protagonists have left the area, e-mailing after the event accomplishes nothing. As has been said on here on numerous occasions (and I'm surprised it's not in the FAQ) if you have a problem at the show, go straight to the SM information booth and make a complaint there, in person, at the time. That way there is half a chance of it being sorted straight away, and not subject to people stewing on it for a couple of days and either forgetting things or magnifying other things (not deliberately, it's an artefact of the subconscious, which is why the police always like to try to get statememnts as soon as possible after a crime). (There's also an element which says that if somebody can't be bothered to complain at the time, it couldn't have been that bad; not necessarily true, but the idea still lingers).

<snip>

Craig obviously is not a good judge of characters, because if he was he would know that a theif would not come back to the scene of the crime and ask for an apology,

whilst you have my sympathy, are you not familiar with the old police adage about the perpetrator returning to the scene of the crime? There are also recorded cases of people later having found to have been guilty of committing a crime actually suing for being accused of having committed that crime. (google Jonathan Aitken and perjury, for example)

and would not still be upset days after the incident!

<snip>

I have emailed showmasters but I have often emailed showmasters and got no reply in the past, the forum seems to be the place to post any gripes.

967937[/snapback]

To be honest he'd have needed to be a clairvoyant to have known how you would feel several days later.

As I said above, and as rockybalboa has posted, the forum is NOT the place for this sort of thing.

The place to make your complaint is as soon as possible at the show, where you can talk to the show organisers face-to-face.

Hope you feel better about things; I know being falsely accused isn't pleasant, but generally it doesn't scar permanently.

I was accused of theft too!

Do you know the Monopoly stand? well I asked if they had "Snoopy-opoly" to which the shop keeper looked for me and when he turned back to tell me he did not have such an item he instead accused me of theft.

True, I had "Ghostbusters-opoly" sticking out of my trousers but he seemed very rude!

:thumbup:

A mate of mine was accused of trying to steal 2 POSTCARDS! and all he was doing was trying to get round the other side of the stall where the stall holder was so he could pay!! She thought he was walking off with them and it wasn't like he was holding them out of sign or anything!

Maybe this matter should be brought directly to Showmasters attention. After all, if this guy is acting up and ruining what should be an enjoyable day for the fans, then he is helping to ruin the perception of Collectormania and Showmasters in general.

:spidy:

967749[/snapback]

I have met the people you are talking about and they are horrible! 2 of them, American! I asked for an object and they just basically shrugged me off and told me I should look elsewhere...............

Well i have read this thread and had a chat with craig to get his side of things, run both storys threw the BS filter and come up with this conclusion.

while craig is by no means a saint and SOME of the less than nice comments made about his chariture on this thread may not be to far from the truth the one thing i have never seen him do is have a go at someone for no reason.

craig is well versed at spotting shifty behavior haveing done these events and markets for years, bohan may well have been fully intending to pay for this figure but his body language was telling a different story.

im sorry bohan but the "i had more than enough money in my pocket " line has been made null and void thanks to wynnona ryder, im sure the limit on the credit card she had in her bag was more than enough to cover the cost of the items she tryed to steal.

i noticed that nowere in bohans post did he state the less than christian demeaner his father took when he confronted craig , and haveing trained with him im sure if bohans father had followd threw with his idea of wipeing the smile of his face he would deffinatly have regretted his actions.

Bohan my friend you are deffinatly going to need to work on your body language , if you get so upset at being yelled at think how you will feel if the next time this happens the stall holder excerses there right to have you arrested wether your innocent or not.

take this incedent as a life lesson and concider getting any appolagy whether sincer or not as a bonus

967866[/snapback]

How do you fit so much bullsh**t into one post?? That is one hell of an achievement!!!!

968010[/snapback]

Yeah gotta agree on that one im a manager of a big Virgin Megastore and if i treated someone like that i'd be getting a warning from my boss about any future conduct. Also until he walks away from the stall with the figure (proving that he was gonna steal this or any item) you cant do anything with regards the police the same as i cant until somebody walks past the tills and out the door, if i catch them in the shop all i can do is ban them from my shop the police would just tell me tough without them leaving the store.

On another note i was served by the lady who was very pleasant. However one of the guys was a bit offish when i asked him a question and i also found out that they short changed my other half unfortunately not till i got home:yoda:

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

I would trust you even if you do have hair!

Now a skin-head hanging around a stall, that is something else!

Lol, the hair will be gona next time I attend a showmasters event :P

Yeah gotta agree on that one im a manager of a big Virgin Megastore and if i treated someone like that i'd be getting a warning from my boss about any future conduct. Also until he walks away from the stall with the figure (proving that he was gonna steal this or any item) you cant do anything with regards the police the same as i cant until somebody walks past the tills and out the door, if i catch them in the shop all i can do is ban them from my shop the police would just tell me tough without them leaving the store.

See this is what I thought and why I got annoyed. I could understand him suspecting me of stealing if I had walked away from the stall but the fact that I did not move!

People can say that I should just let it drop, but it is the fact that he has lied that really gets me. For him to actually make up a story that he saw me put it in my pocket and then withdrew it when I was spotted is what gets me. Why say that? Why not just say I thought you was going to take it and made a mistake, but to lie so bad that's just wrong!

See this is what I thought and why I got annoyed.  I could understand him suspecting me of stealing if I had walked away from the stall but the fact that I did not move!

People can say that I should just let it drop, but it is the fact that he has lied that really gets me.  For him to actually make up a story that he saw me put it in my pocket and then withdrew it when I was spotted is what gets me.  Why say that?  Why not just say I thought you was going to take it and made a mistake, but to lie so bad that's just wrong!

968040[/snapback]

Firstly, let me start by saying that in no way do I think you had any intent to steal anything.

Cool, is it possible that you put the hand holding the figure into your pocket, to reach for your cash? I ask, as you mention you were holding a Burger King bag. If you are positiive, then I guess maybe he'd seen you holding the figure in your 'clear' hand (meaning the one without the bag), then saw that hand in your pocket and made an assumption. (All be it a wrong one.) This is what I think Kurgan is referring to when he talks about 'body language'.

Now, reading what you've said, Craig didn't accuse you of theft... trust me, if he thought you HAD stolen something and had walked away, he would have detained you. What he said was something (bluntly) to deter you from a potential course of action. At this point, he's no idea who you are, what your character is like or what your intentions ACTUALLY are, he's just trying to deal with a 'potential' threat to his income and livlihood. You say he gave you an apology (whether you considered it sincere or not), which you chose to not accept. At that point, you've made a decision to escalte the matter, at which point, rational thought left the building. He accused you of being a thief, for no reason and you decided to let it ruin your day. Neither of those actions are terrible rational, as both are emotional responses, as were the comments you both made during the 'discussion'.

As for what happens now, well, you're quite within your right to make a complaint to Showmasters, but Craig and his stall have been at EVERY Collectormania, even dating back to a time before it was in the City Centre and before they ever had guests attending, so I think we can guess what the outcome would be.

For the record, Craig's stall loses hundreds of pounds worth of stock every event, due to people (who aren't you) stealing stuff... so perhaps that's what he was referring to, when he said HE was p1ssed off?

For the record, I don't have a stall, I don't work on a stall and I don't consider myself to be a mate of Craig's.

Cool, is it possible that you put the hand holding the figure into your pocket, to reach for your cash? I ask, as you mention you were holding a Burger King bag. If you are positiive, then I guess maybe he'd seen you holding the figure in your 'clear' hand (meaning the one without the bag), then saw that hand in your pocket and made an assumption. (All be it a wrong one.) This is what I think Kurgan is referring to when he talks about 'body language'.

Now, reading what you've said, Craig didn't accuse you of theft... trust me, if he thought you HAD stolen something and had walked away, he would have detained you. What he said was something (bluntly) to deter you from a potential course of action. At this point, he's no idea who you are, what your character is like or what your intentions ACTUALLY are, he's just trying to deal with a 'potential' threat to his income and livlihood. You say he gave you an apology (whether you considered it sincere or not), which you chose to not accept. At that point, you've made a decision to escalte the matter, at which point, rational thought left the building. He accused you of being a thief, for no reason and you decided to let it ruin your day. Neither of those actions are terrible rational, as both are emotional responses, as were the comments you both made during the 'discussion'.

Firstly your comments are all fair enough and I know nothing will come of it, I know showmasters and Craig are obviosuly tight. Now let me address the points raised -

1: You said the figure could have gone into my pocket, incorrect. As stated earlier I placed my left hand into my pocket and the right clenched the figure, and to add the jeans I was wearing were very tight and i could barely get my hand in let alone a figure as well!

2: Secondly yes he did accuse me of theft, how can you read everything I said and then say he didn't? The guy rushed around from behind his stall and confronted me to my face I was lost for words at this point and was not clear what was happening. Luckily my dad, mum and 2 brothers were there and they spoke for me, he just started saing "ok ok" he never once at this point apologised. We then all left, my mum just wanted to leave and we all went and sat on a bench inside the centre and I said I was gonna pop off to the toilet but instead alone I went to fanboys stall with the only intention to pick up their details so I could make a complaint. Only when Craig's co-worker was so rude and ignorant did I then walk around to Craig and let him know he upset me only to get his "Tough s***" attitude and for him to then call me a theif.

3: What is the point of an apology if it is clearly not meant?

4: I do not believe he loses hundreds of pounds of stock every collectormania, if so why do the show? On top of that I believe that the majority of people who attend this show and good honest people, am I wrong?

Firstly your comments are all fair enough and I know nothing will come of it, I know showmasters and Craig are obviosuly tight.  Now let me address the points raised -

1: You said the figure could have gone into my pocket, incorrect.  As stated earlier I placed my left hand into my pocket and the right clenched the figure, and to add the jeans I was wearing were very tight and i could barely get my hand in let alone a figure as well!

2: Secondly yes he did accuse me of theft, how can you read everything I said and then say he didn't?  The guy rushed around from behind his stall and confronted me to my face I was lost for words at this point and was not clear what was happening.  Luckily my dad, mum and 2 brothers were there and they spoke for me, he just started saing "ok ok" he never once at this point apologised.  We then all left, my mum just wanted to leave and we all went and sat on a bench inside the centre and I said I was gonna pop off to the toilet but instead alone I went to fanboys stall with the only intention to pick up their details so I could make a complaint.  Only when Craig's co-worker was so rude and ignorant did I then walk around to Craig and let him know he upset me only to get his "Tough s***" attitude and for him to then call me a theif.

3: What is the point of an apology if it is clearly not meant?

4: I do not believe he loses hundreds of pounds of stock every collectormania, if so why do the show?  On top of that I believe that the majority of people who attend this show and good honest people, am I wrong?

968081[/snapback]

First, I cannot (and will not) comment on how tight your jeans were... :lol:

Assuming you picked up the figure with your 'clear' hand (i.e. the one without the BK Bag), then transferred it to the other (non clear) hand.. is it possible that you inadvertantly did a 'slight of hand'? By this, I don't mean to imply you were intending to deceive, just that he saw you pick it up, didn't see the transfer and then saw the hand in your pocket? I'm just trying to consider his point of view and perspective (until things got ugly).

I said he didn't accuse you of theft at first. In your first post, you said:

" Next thing I know I here an american voice saying "take it back, take it back" I then looked up confused thinking I had missed out on a joke or something for this man's next comment to be "Do not be an spam it is only £2" I then realised this man was accusing me of stealing the item"

As I said, at this point he is not accusing you of theft, rather than trying to deter you from theiving. I did say that things got emotional after that, at which point accusations WERE made.

You also said:

"He apologied but I knew he didn't meen it

which is your interpretation of his words. (obviously I can't judge if you were over-reacting, or whether or not he was sincere as I wasn't there), but after that, things got emotional again.

You'd be surprised how much stuff gets stolen from these shows (evidently) and I've been told (by people who know Craig) that it runs into the low hundreds. I worked on a stall for a friend at another event, selling trading cards. We only had one table and lost over £40 worth of stuff in 2 days. Over 250,000 visited C9 over the weekend, it only takes a few people to steal stuff for it to mount up. I would imagine, given the confined spaces and bustle, that it would be pretty easy to steal stuff there... why do you think some of the stall holders video all the customers!