My first stab at Fan Fiction - THE CHOSEN ONE

abstractharmony

Inspired by the fan fiction that I read in the booklet from the show at the weekend I thought I'd have a quick stab myself.

I'd be really interested in everyone's thoughts. Please be gentle!

THE CHOSEN ONE

The Hall was cavernous and empty, the ghosts of joy and happier times ripped from the room. The silence was deafening as the once bustling castle lay deserted and ruined. In what was left of the ancient Great Hall a lone man sits on a splintered chair in the centre of the raised platform.

It had been ten years since he had left this place. Ten years of hard battles against the forces of darkness that had stripped everything from him, his parents, his headmaster, his school and finally, bitterly, his friends.

Now, sitting alone, his once unruly locks cropped close to his skull, flecked with grey from the horrors that he had witnessed this past decade, his face betraying the scars of his journey. His remaining eye shed a single tear. It was over at last.

The war had been won but at what cost? The final terrifying battle that shook the earth itself as the two faced each other in a final pitched battle. Two of the finest of their kind, truly a clash of the titans.

His memory spills back to happier times, the winning of the house cup, the smiles on the then young and innocent faces. Faces that were now all long gone. His enemy was happy once too, he was sure of it. There was good in him, he knew this to be true.

The tears continue to fall as he pulls himself out of the chair, his long blue Auror’s robes swirl around him as he stumbles towards the body lay lifeless on the floor. He always knew that it would come to this. He knew that he would have to stop the senseless agony with a final, deadly full stop. After all, he was the Chosen One.

He reaches the body and turns it over slumping down onto the chest of the deceased dictator. All at once the pain of the years overcomes him and raw, starved emotion bursts loose. Raining blows upon the prostrate corpse until his strength leaves him. Every hit for someone he knew. Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, his dear, sweet Ginny and everyone else that he loved, all killed because of this tyrant.

The Boy Who Lived was finally dead and Neville could finally rest.

NEVILLE! XD I do like it and oh dear - inspiring people again - tisk tisk we should really stop doing that and hey someone read the booklet! XD

Did we get Andy Serkis a copy of the booklet in the end? I know we were going to but our copies we'd all signed and personalised to each other!

• 2 months later...