Thanks for allowing photos to be taken

This really needs to be said. It makes SUCH a difference to everyone's enjoyment of the day.

So THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!!!!!!!

However.... (didn't you know that was coming)

Once again certain members of the crew (little blond girl on Shank's queue) were getting a bit shirty for no apparent reason.

Apparently, you can't stand in a space devoid of people to take a photo!!!!

Despite the fact that autos were purchased the day previously but with a broken camera. It's not like I was trying to get a photo with Michael (although everyone else obliged...)

That is literally my ONLY complaint for the weekend. Possibly the best SM event since CM2 way back when.

Even the guests who didnt allow posed photos were more than happy to pose for a photo,if that makes sense.I thought it was a great event. :D  Agree with you about the girl on shanks queue,she was a jobsworth with us too.

925160[/snapback]

I thought Michael couldn't pose for pics, so i didn't ask. Then i saw practically everyone else ask. Wish i had now. I was taking photo's too and i was constantly asked 'Are you queuing for autographs' I said no, but i wasn't told to move. They didn't seem to really care, as long as the autograph queue wasn't too long. I didn't get many pics though, cause people kept walking passed, hehehe. :blush:

Even the guests who didnt allow posed photos were more than happy to pose for a photo,if that makes sense.I thought it was a great event. :D  Agree with you about the girl on shanks queue,she was a jobsworth with us too.

925160[/snapback]

I thought Michael couldn't pose for pics, so i didn't ask. Then i saw practically everyone else ask. Wish i had now. I was taking photo's too and i was constantly asked 'Are you queuing for autographs' I said no, but i wasn't told to move. They didn't seem to really care, as long as the autograph queue wasn't too long. I didn't get many pics though, cause people kept walking passed, hehehe. :huh:

925163[/snapback]

When I saw Michael on Saturday he wasn't doing posed photos but there was a member of crew telling people you could take pictures as he was signing - and he looked up when taking them anyway so they were practically posed - just without the standing up *g*. Same with Jorge. I got photos with everyone so came home happy :blush:

Even the guests who didnt allow posed photos were more than happy to pose for a photo,if that makes sense.I thought it was a great event. :blush:  Agree with you about the girl on shanks queue,she was a jobsworth with us too.

925160[/snapback]

I thought Michael couldn't pose for pics, so i didn't ask. Then i saw practically everyone else ask. Wish i had now. I was taking photo's too and i was constantly asked 'Are you queuing for autographs' I said no, but i wasn't told to move. They didn't seem to really care, as long as the autograph queue wasn't too long. I didn't get many pics though, cause people kept walking passed, hehehe. :wub:

925163[/snapback]

When I saw Michael on Saturday he wasn't doing posed photos but there was a member of crew telling people you could take pictures as he was signing - and he looked up when taking them anyway so they were practically posed - just without the standing up *g*. Same with Jorge. I got photos with everyone so came home happy :huh:

925164[/snapback]

I stood just outside his line for about 15 minutes taking photo's. Couldn't stop myself :D

I got the head ate off me by the girl on the Michael Shanks Q aswell. for all but standing in the wrong place. Andy Serkis que got told no photos just as I was getting my autos so didnt dare ask - on my way after leaving with my autograph I looked back and they were allowing posed photos again.

One rule - make up yer mind. Years trying to meet the guy and because of this no photo with him gutted.

Neonitrix

Once again certain members of the crew (little blond girl on Shank's queue) were getting a bit shirty for no apparent reason.

Apparently, you can't stand in a space devoid of people to take a photo!!!!

I have to agree with you there! Michael was very happy to pose for photos with us while he had no one in his queue, and we made sure we waited until the queue was clear to go and ask him. But despite someone else saying it was ok to ask as long as no one was waiting this particular girl was very huffy about it.

Michael even called Chris back as he was going just so we could get a picture with him. He was such a sweet guy.

overall a great event, not too sure about the hall, maybe more of it could have been utilised.

Did anyone else think the lighting was a bit orange too.

Talking of jobsworth, I thought the blond girl was ok with us but the guy on Robert Pattinsons queue on Saturday was a definate jobsworth. At one point when there was maybe 8 people in the line we were maybe 10 off the requested number on his board and he wouldnt let us into the line.Thanks to him our car parking shot up plus Robert then went to lunch so we missed out as we had to go. That was our only complaint, still think Milton Keynes is far better - better atmosphere.

Also saw notices for the London and C9 events but nothing for Empire Day

Obiton

I have got to say that I snapped up pics all over the weekend, both when I bought autos and even when I wasnt - I had no problems whatsoever and can only say that all the crew and guests were fantastic and helpful throughout!

I must say a big thanks to Ray Park and Paul Darrow - heroes from my youth and recent times, who were more than obliging to chat and have a picture taken - free of any obligations, demands or hassle!

What a fantastic weekend - well done all! Will be back in November!

Ray Park

DSCN1818.jpg

Paul Darrow

DSCN1812.jpg

:P

OMG I don't believe that I didn't get any of you!!!!!!!  :D  :P

Or your cool boots...  :huh: ;)

925310[/snapback]

...my boots????? They needed insoles after day 1 - my feet ached! I feel for anyone who has to wear them day in, day out....give me a great pair of DC Shoes any day....but you dont see many Jedi in them though do you...? :P