open Luna Auditions

Jacali

I think the reason for the age restriction was to lessen the people who turned up.  Just imagine who many would of shown up if there was no age restriction.  I'm 31 and I don't look my age.

918032[/snapback]

Very true.....I did think this at first...but 15,000 is still a lot of people to say they had already done a huge search round the country

918219[/snapback]

i think that ppl who had been turned down already when they visited their schools perhaps turned up aswell. im sure i read somewhere that one girl who's school they visited also went to the open ones

918300[/snapback]

That is a bit silly. Once I've been turned down I go onto the next project. Its the best way to do it.

918707[/snapback]

Some people like clinging onto the past lol -looks shifty- XD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a bit silly.  Once I've been turned down I go onto the next project.  Its the best way to do it.

918707[/snapback]

Same here.....it's disappointing being rejected once.....let alone twice for the same part! They are just inviting it in and if they think the casting director is going to change their mind they're wrong because I used to think that not so long ago. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

to be fair tho, we r grown ups and know better, and most ppl who went were kids

(no offence to any1 who went)

919022[/snapback]

None taken ;) . I can see your point, but in that case their parents should have said something, because people my age and older find rejection hard from these sort of things....for a kid it is going to be even worse.

to be fair tho, we r grown ups and know better, and most ppl who went were kids

(no offence to any1 who went)

919022[/snapback]

None taken :rolleyes: . I can see your point, but in that case their parents should have said something, because people my age and older find rejection hard from these sort of things....for a kid it is going to be even worse.

919023[/snapback]

I think that parents are the problem tbh lol - they can really easily build up a kids hopes and then when they don't get the part or something it destroys them - or they go off on a Harry (reference to OOTP). Rejection is always hard to take - but it's one of those things everyone has got to get used to! I think the early someone starts realising they won't be able to do everything and get everything they apply for or win all the time - the easier life will be on them lol.

I think that parents are the problem tbh lol - they can really easily build up a kids hopes and then when they don't get the part or something it destroys them - or they go off on a Harry (reference to OOTP).

919118[/snapback]

My mum wasnt really like that at all which was good. When she took me and two of my mates all the way through she was like "you know, you probably wont get it, so dont raise your hopes. Theres so many people here you cant all be picked" so y'no

But i did hear alot of parents like "Oh you're gonna get it, you're so beautiful, how can they reject you" kinda thing

I'm glad they didnt let any pushy parents into the auditions tho

I think that parents are the problem tbh lol - they can really easily build up a kids hopes and then when they don't get the part or something it destroys them - or they go off on a Harry (reference to OOTP).

919118[/snapback]

My mum wasnt really like that at all which was good. When she took me and two of my mates all the way through she was like "you know, you probably wont get it, so dont raise your hopes. Theres so many people here you cant all be picked" so y'no

But i did hear alot of parents like "Oh you're gonna get it, you're so beautiful, how can they reject you" kinda thing

I'm glad they didnt let any pushy parents into the auditions tho

920345[/snapback]

Encouragement is all well and good - but it needs to be the right sort - I'm glad your parents had some sense about them - mine are sensible about stuff like that too - they're really supportive when I get a stage role - help me with my lines and stuff but before auditions they are really good at keeping me grounded XD

Hi if jacali or anyone else knows how did you find out about open auditions as i have a younger sister and she wouldve loved to of tried her luck, i know its in hindsight now but would be handy for future reference. Thanks :yoda:

922029[/snapback]

There are many ways to find out about open auditions. The Stage website might advertise them, news channels, local newspapers...anything really! Not really one specific way of finding out.

Hi if jacali or anyone else knows how did you find out about open auditions as i have a younger sister and she wouldve loved to of tried her luck, i know its in hindsight now but would be handy for future reference. Thanks :yoda:

922029[/snapback]

There are many ways to find out about open auditions. The Stage website might advertise them, news channels, local newspapers...anything really! Not really one specific way of finding out.

922227[/snapback]

I'd defiently agree with Stage as a resource both the paper and the website!

I've been using the Stage for years and it is worth getting.

Btw, I'm now part of Raine agency.

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

hello, im also there (kelly marie smith) it's cool that i now no two people from rain! yay.

i also no what you mean bout the stage ive used it for like 9 years and not got any luck with it!

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

hello, im also there (kelly marie smith) it's cool that i now no two people from rain! yay.

i also no what you mean bout the stage ive used it for like 9 years and not got any luck with it!

924916[/snapback]

OMG you're in RAIN AGENCY :(:o :o

I'M NOT! So dont expect to see me there :P

Having fun being an actress and spending years trying to be famous :P:o

lots of love.. Colnel FLUFF

... dont ask ... its late, i've just had coke :D

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

924916[/snapback]

OMG you're in RAIN AGENCY :o :o :(

924930[/snapback]

luna we've known each other a year now! i no ur insane hense the fact that ur looney lovegood! :(

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

924916[/snapback]

OMG you're in RAIN AGENCY :o:(:o

924930[/snapback]

luna we've known each other a year now! i no ur insane hense the fact that ur looney lovegood! :(

924936[/snapback]

HAHA fair nuff

OMG... i really want robert to touch me :o

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

924916[/snapback]

OMG you're in RAIN AGENCY :(:o:(

924930[/snapback]

924936[/snapback]

HAHA fair nuff

924942[/snapback]

ah luna! behave urself!

oh and to get you back for the engagement coment robert touched me (not in that way people) he put his arm round my for the pic! haha

nitey nite! :o

924248[/snapback]

WELCOME TO RAIN AGENCY!

924916[/snapback]

OMG you're in RAIN AGENCY :(:o:(

924930[/snapback]

924936[/snapback]

HAHA fair nuff

924942[/snapback]

ah luna! behave urself!

oh and to get you back for the engagement coment robert touched me (not in that way people) he put his arm round my for the pic! haha

nitey nite! :o

924945[/snapback]

yeah i know thats what sparked it

Rosey was saying how her pic didnt take and she went "Ah well at least he put his arm around me for the pic" and i said OMG i want him to touch me (as in putting his arm around me) But then realised it sounded wude! haha

nite. x.