Voyager & TOS DVD Info

emotionalvampire

I was at a marketing research thing last night for Paramount. The idea was they wanted some feedback on the packaging for the release of Voyager and TOS next year.

First of all, I should point out that the proposed boxes are nothing like the the Next Gen or DS9 releases. There were 4 designs for the Voyager set and 2 designs for TOS.

Voyagers were:

1) A really funky but cheap looking set. Basically it was like have 6 CD cases stuck together on a hinge, but DVD size. It used bright orange clear plastic and had a sleeve that covered half the DVD set with a picture of Voyager on it

2)This is the one the group chose. The first impression was a bit like a tubberware container but embossed with the Voyager logo etc. Its about half the size of the Next Gen and DS9. The front is split horizontally so the top and bottom parts flip open. The DVDs, from what I was told are similar to the DS9 package, where there are loads of CD cases stuck together and hinged. The DVDs are the surrounded by a carboard sleeve or different colours.

3) This was in the for of the ever popular and cheap carpboard fold out set in the style of, say, 24 or Planet of the Apes boxset.

4) This was the cheapest looking one of the all. This was, as I have said above, the cd cases together and hinged with a carpboard sleeve. Kind of looks like it needs a bigger box for it to go into!

The TOS series of DVDs were quite good:

1) Standard fold out one like above.

2) This one looks really cool. Its kind of a curved rectangle the size of a DVD case and all embossed as well. It splits into two to reveal the DVDs the the hinged CD bits I mentioned above. The case is a solid colour, similar to the yellow colour of the jersey worn by Kirk.

I went to the same research place last Monday..

You didn't mention the FIFTH Voyager packaging option..That is the same style as DS9 and Next Gen.. That was the option my group went for...

The TOS option with a plastic case looked great.. It has an embossed star trek logo on it .. There will be three boxes in the set and each will have a primary costume colour.. ie the yekllow of kirk, the blue of bones and the red of scotty..

Now the bad news.. now comedown on price at present, but they are considering a cheaper release with cheaper packaging.. :borg:

Just seen on a Trek website..

Massive ALL SEVEN TNG Seasons on one box set (Borg Cube) to be released in November..

Limited Edition to 1000 sets it will come with a limited edition card and wall clock (or at least from Amazon)

Also Amazon offers a pre-order at 25% off, but still comes at a whopping £338. rrp £449.. Still works out at under £50 per season...

For more info.. check out. http://www.trektoday.com/news/260903_01.shtml

They never mentioned this at the research place on Monday!!!!

i recently bought a ds9 season 4 box. there where no cracks in it but when i played some of the dvd's they skipped parts of the episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for that amount of money you would expect some quality. have any other people have had the same problems????

• 3 weeks later...