Your score?

fulcrum

Well tell all!

What was your score on the spot the fake autograph competition?

Mine was 9 wrong which I was told was "yeah....umm quite average really" which I think was a nice way of saying "you really have no clue do you?"

So come on don't be shy!

:D

Dear Collectors

We like to thank you for taking part in our autograph reference competition at Autographica 2005.

It was very difficult but should show that we all need eduction and should work together as a team and sharing knowledge !

Your help and suggestions are always welcome and we would be proud if you keep www.isitreal.com in mind.

The results of the competition with detailed descriptions as well as the winners are just publish on www.isitreal.com and we hope you enjoy to browse on the website.

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=c...id=611&Itemid=1

Autograph forgeries has been getting a huge problem and if the honest keep together we will be able to make a big step against them.

We hope you enjoyed our presentation on the well organized Autographica and thanks again for Gary King who supported us in a very special way !

kind regards

ISITREAL Team

FIGHT AGAINST AUTOGRAPH FORGERY !

http://www.isitreal.com

• 4 weeks later...

I also got 6 wrong and was well pleased to learn that despite that I'd still got a prize. One of the signatures I got wrong was of Mel Gibson. Ironic as of all the autographs on display, his was the only one that I actually have in my collection (and know to be genuine).

Thought it was a great idea to have these guys at the event. Forgery/Secretrial is a major problem in this hobby and I found it very intereting to talk to them and obtain their advice, not least as they were able to confirm that a Clint Eastwood item I'd bought some time ago (supported by a full COA of course) was in fact a Secretarial despite the seller assuring me both before and after the sale that it had been obtained 'in-person'. Have since notified the seller of their comments and have received a full refund as a result.

I certainly hope that they are invited back in March as we cannot have enough of their expertise and experience.

• 5 weeks later...
I didn't officially play, but if you didn't know already it is a warning for anyone that gets autos through the mail, some of the secretarial or the printed sigs did look pretty good.

889188[/snapback]

It was a dealer that came out top.

901209[/snapback]

Is that because there are so many dealers out there selling fakes?