TIM BURTONS' CORPSE BRIDE

tomfeltonlover2k3

I've never been a fan of Tim Burton and I heard this film was nowhere near as good as The Nightmare Before Christmas. The only films of his I like are Beetlejuice and Batman Returns...Never seen Big Fish but keep hearing good things.

I was really disappointed by it

886895[/snapback]

Why?

Did you expect it to be like Nightmare before christmas?

886904[/snapback]

Not at all, I knew it'd be different but I still hoped it'd have some of that Tim Burton magic to it. Just felt very flat with quite unimaginative characters and a drab storyline. It was nowhere near as good as his other films.

I really liked the film, ok not as good as some other stuff but it was a good film. I think alot of people didn't like it because they expected it to be better, normally if you go in to see a film expecting perfection you are going to be dissapointed IMO

Not at all, I knew it'd be different but I still hoped it'd have some of that Tim Burton magic to it. Just felt very flat with quite unimaginative characters and a drab storyline. It was nowhere near as good as his other films.

886962[/snapback]

Exactly ! The whole 'flat' thing you said ... that's why i didn't like it ! It was just so .... 'scim-the-top' .... no real depth .... that's what i thought

I have to agree with Kell on this one.

I was muchly dissapointed. It was fairly predictable in my eyes & one of the reasons I like the NBC is because I loved it since I was a child.

TBH I think Tim Burton is overrated... but I don't mean that offensively if you know what I mean? Don't get me wrong he does make good movies && I like quite a few of his films actually but I dunno it just seems to be the fad to like him lately.

I must say I did love Charlie&The Chocolate Factory :huh:

I think Saw 2 will be better. Yaay can't wait for that.

x.x.x <3

I thought it was a very enjoyable film but like pretty much everyone else is saying it wasnt a patch on Nightmare... And I definitely think the less than average music played a part. Maybe its because Nightmare was so amazingly awesome that we are a wee bit disappointed butTim Burton is still a god in my eyes tho! I loved the skeleton dance tho! :rolleyes: