Has anyone met Carrie Fisher?

lee_c00per

I am not sure whether or not this is true but i have heard that if you get an auto from Carrie Fisher when she does signings in the US, she might allow personalising but still doesn't write Princess Leia.

Apparently, she is also a little cheaper in the US than the £25 she was charing here, but i guess that is sometimes expected.

Any Help

I think i might kindly offer more money for her to sign it WITH Princess Leia on my posters. I am determined for her to to it.

Considering, she is likely to be much quieter in Florida than when she was here, i don't mind having to ask her.

when we asked her to write princess leia on our photo she smiled and she she couldn't and signed it CARRIE FISHER PLO

It took a while to click - we first thought of a middle eastern political arm !

But then we were told she will write PLO - Princess Leia Organa

well i met carrie at collectormania and while i was waiting in line if you wanted carrie to write something in perticular , you had to write what you wanted her to write down on a piece of paper .

so maybe that weill be possible at this event

well i met carrie at collectormania and while i was waiting in line if you wanted carrie to write something in perticular , you had to write what you wanted her to write down on a piece of paper .

so maybe that weill be possible at this event

Really. She was actually allowing Dedications? I might ask if she can write leia Organa rather than PLO

:pyth: I had a dedication from her at a certain London show she attended, she really did not mind, said she was not supposed to, and then did it, made us both feel like naughty school children, there was a monstrous line and they wanted to get everyone through.

It's possible it was George Lucas, as he will likely have all rights to the name. I vaguely remember an interview which said he could produce toy figures and not have to give the Actor/Actress any share of the profits.

I believe it was only Alec Guiness who managed to negotiate a better contract than the other cast.

I could be completely wrong though!!

So she will write Princess Leia Organa? Was this in the UK or US?

875270[/snapback]

it was in london at a signing she did in a hotel there - in the library of a hotel

879138[/snapback]

Didnt you happen to also notice that she was on a different planet then as well. She was so out of it Im supprised she could write her own name!

It's possible it was George Lucas, as he will likely have all rights to the name. I vaguely remember an interview which said he could produce toy figures and not have to give the Actor/Actress any share of the profits.

I believe it was only Alec Guiness who managed to negotiate a better contract than the other cast.

I could be completely wrong though!!

879006[/snapback]

Lucas managed to get mechandise rights for all products, as the studio didn't think that it would be popular enough to worry about, and the actors were given a choice of a one off payment or their image rights. The one off payment seemed a better idea at the time...

Thats how I understand it anyway - anyone please correct me if Im wrong! :P

Maybe Alec Guinness took the rights instead? :lol:

:lol:

• 1 month later...
So she will write Princess Leia Organa? Was this in the UK or US?

875270[/snapback]

it was in london at a signing she did in a hotel there - in the library of a hotel

879138[/snapback]

Didnt you happen to also notice that she was on a different planet then as well. She was so out of it Im supprised she could write her own name!

881575[/snapback]

I mat Carrie at this event and she couldn't have been nicer. She was asking what we were up to for the rest of the day and seemed to be in really good spirits. I was about the 20th person in though, so she was still fresh at this time. I remember the ques that day were horendous and I gather that many people were left dissapointed as she run out of time before she could see everybody.

I found meeting Carrie a really good experience (one of the nicest guests I have met), and because of this cant understand the bad comments she gets on here, but maybe I was just lucky. My only dissapointment was that there were no photos or personilastions (sorry for the bad spelling) allowed. I would definately reccommend meeting her though.