Now we NEED David Warner !

dufresne

At said show he was insisting on personalising absolutely everything because he doesn't make many appearances and his signature cold go for a lot of money on ebay - his words not mine. I now have several hundred signed Star Trek cards, three of which are personalised to me, the rest aren't. I even offered to pay more for a non-personalied item which would negate any "profit" I might make if I was simply going to put them on e-bay, but he wasn't having any of it!

David Warner was at another show, he seemed very friendly, posing for pics, chatting away to fans, I was quite shocked by the size of his queue, he had like 3 people to see him about every 10 minutes or so, was shocked, as he is a legend, and if i'd had more money to use, I wudda met him for sure

So yeah, he'd be a good guest and is up for attending these shows!!!

869648[/snapback]

I didn't think that he was a very nice person at all. I saw him being very rude to a disabled lady who wanted a non-personalised signature in her autograph book at a recent show. There were a few other people who got quite upset that he was only doing personalisations - particularly as one person who I heard saying "I'm paying you £15-00 for 10 seconds of work, so you really should write anything I request!!". I believe that there was quite an argument between him and the organisers over this appearance, and after one person challenged him about his personalisations he stormed off and never returned to his table :)

On a (kind of) similar topic, I've heard about Adam West and Frank Bruno asking extra money for signing a batmobile or a boxing glove - although what good a batmobile signed by Frank Bruno would be, I've no idea ! :D:P

They seem to think that they should inherit part of the potential profit the item could generate. Personally, I reckon that's crap ! They get an appearance fee, end of story ! If I sell David Warner's auto on ebay, good luck to me ! If I use it to wipe my backside, good luck to me ! If I buy an album from HMV and sell crap copies on ebay, why do HMV give a monkeys ? they got their £15 !! The copyright people looking for me is a different thing all together .....

Do we know yet if Buzz Aldrin will be charging extra per word of dedication ? :lol:

On a (kind of) similar topic, I've heard about Adam West and Frank Bruno asking extra money for signing a batmobile or a boxing glove - although what good a batmobile signed by Frank Bruno would be, I've no idea ! :D  :P

They seem to think that they should inherit part of the potential profit the item could generate. Personally, I reckon that's crap ! They get an appearance fee, end of story ! If I sell David Warner's auto on ebay, good luck to me ! If I use it to wipe my backside, good luck to me ! If I buy an album from HMV and sell crap copies on ebay, why do HMV give a monkeys ? they got their £15 !! The copyright people looking for me is a different thing all together .....

Do we know yet if Buzz Aldrin will be charging extra per word of dedication ? :lol:

870662[/snapback]

I think the company that organises a lot of the sports guests at these shows is quite bad for that. I remember being at show where Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence were chargin extra depending on what you were getting signed, ie a signature on a shirt cost something like £50 but on a photo it cost £25. I told them they were ripping people off and refused to pay it