New guest announcement for Autographica

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

We are pleased to announce the following new guests will attend our Autographica show in October.

Clifton James Alias Sheriff J.W.Pepper from Live and let die and Man with the golden gun bond movies. Clifton was one of the most memorable bond characters ever and will be appearing in the U.K for the first time. Clifton is the first of our newly aquired Bond stars and is sure to prove a big hit with all you fans.

Pamela Sue Martin will complete our Poseidon Adventure threesome at the show

she will attend all 3 days.

Peter Bonetti england world cup 66 squad member will also join us at Heathrow.

Watch out for more guest announcements on wednesday evening.

I won the competion!!!!!

I knew it would be :blink:

Hey thats cool, i cant make the Friday anyway this time, so enjoy it!

The important thing of course is that we're getting some great announcements.

clifton is a dream come true for me - my first big screen bond experience as a kid

was a double bill of live n let die and golden gun in the 70s with my dad, so thats a very special and important guest to me, as im sure to all other bond fans too. I didnt think any show was going to get him here so thank you dave n garry for making it happen for us.

its shaping up to be the best ever Autographica...

good call Calumn

if we request them, they will come...

And yes peter is a great guest too. Ive not met him yet and now that ive got all the 1966 Final players id like to meet the '66 squad players who didnt make the final.

and lets not forget Pamela - cool to have 3 Poseidon guests now. Good reunion.

happy with these 3 and on wed some more...

i'd nether heard of Peter Bonetti as when i've watched the clips from the 1966 games he didnt play a single game so thats why i wouldnt know who he is. however if there are vivid chelsea fans then its ok for them. I'd like George Cohen as im a Fulham Fan and hes always at games but we never get to meet him

i'd nether heard of Peter Bonetti as when i've watched the clips from the 1966 games he didnt play a single game so thats why i wouldnt know who he is.

866633[/snapback]

Given the Fulham-Chelsea rivalry, I'm amazed you've never heard of Bonetti; he played for Chelsea for like, forever - I assume you're too young to have seen him. Here's a quick bio I found:

Peter "The Cat" Bonetti (born September 27, 1941) was a football goalkeeper for Chelsea F.C., the St. Louis Stars and England. Born in Putney. Chelsea signed him from the Reading youth team. He made 729 appearances for Chelsea between 1959 and 1979, a record at the time and in one season managed 21 clean sheets. Towards the end of career he spent one season with the St. Louis Stars in the NASL. His international career is unfortunately remembered for his last game - in the World Cup of 1970 in Mexico, as a replacement for Gordon Banks in the quarterfinal when West Germany came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. That game was Bonetti's only World Cup appearance.

Bonetti at one time held the record for most appearances for a single club by a goalkeeper, but was overtaken in the 1990s by Portsmouth F.C.'s Alan Knight.

(Apart from his unfortunate last game for England, where he was at fault for a couple of the goals, he was generally a sound keeper who would have played quite a few games for England if it hadn't been for the brilliance of Gordon Banks and then the emergence of Peter Shilton)

• 2 weeks later...