GOD

gaztx

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Yes. Because I love him and I believe he loves me and with that comes an appreciation of life that I didn't get before. it's a personal feeling with me. Im not saying that you don't appreciate life and beauty if you don't believe in him, I'm saying that I have found that I can.

853958[/snapback]

Just out of interest, what actually makes you believe?

I mean, has stuff happened to you that you feel God has had a direct effect on for you to believe in him and everything else?

Like, is there something that has confirmed your faith to you?

Just curious :lol:

*passes ice-creams to David*

Unless someone comes back from the dead with solid proof of what happens afterwards no-one has the right to say that.

My religion makes me very happy, I have tried others including Christianity, it didn't work for me. I found something that makes me happy, helps me get through the bad times. As I see it, I'm living my life the best I can now and my religion looks pretty good for the afterlife too so what's to say yours is right and that my religion isn't.

Don't feel sad for others and their way of living life, a happy life is what matters, why waste it worrying about something we don't know anything about.

853966[/snapback]

I have the right to say it because I have the right to free speech and Im just voicing my OPINION! not fact! just my belief!

I'm really glad you have! and as I have said, I'm glad that others are happy with their lives too.

I think people are already on a defensive in this thread and its so hard as it is to write your opinion without it being taken a different way to how it was intended. This thread is just amplifying the difficulty of expressing yourself through this medium. This is only my opinion folks! My religion is personal to me and I'm only sharing it because I was asked! I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong. I'm not slating anyone elses opinion. I'm just posting my own! *hopes that is clear now* :lol:

Unless someone comes back from the dead with solid proof of what happens afterwards no-one has the right to say that.

My religion makes me very happy, I have tried others including Christianity, it didn't work for me. I found something that makes me happy, helps me get through the bad times. As I see it, I'm living my life the best I can now and my religion looks pretty good for the afterlife too so what's to say yours is right and that my religion isn't.

Don't feel sad for others and their way of living life, a happy life is what matters, why waste it worrying about something we don't know anything about.

853966[/snapback]

I have the right to say it because I have the right to free speech and Im just voicing my OPINION! not fact! just my belief!

I'm really glad you have! and as I have said, I'm glad that others are happy with their lives too.

I think people are already on a defensive in this thread and its so hard as it is to write your opinion without it being taken a different way to how it was intended. This thread is just amplifying the difficulty of expressing yourself through this medium. This is only my opinion folks! My religion is personal to me and I'm only sharing it because I was asked! I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong. I'm not slating anyone elses opinion. I'm just posting my own! *hopes that is clear now* :lol:

853983[/snapback]

I've never said your beliefs were right or wrong, I'd never be so offensive to do that to anyones faith, I respect people who have a faith and I try to learn about them. Religion fascinates me and I read teachings all the time as I believe that for me to live an enlightened and fufilled life I should open my eyes to everything and not shackle myself a fixed point.

It wasn't a point made at you specifically, it was said to point out that everyone has the right to follow their faith or live without if they choose, happiness is all that matters.

Yes. Because I love him and I believe he loves me and with that comes an appreciation of life that I didn't get before. it's a personal feeling with me. Im not saying that you don't appreciate life and beauty if you don't believe in him, I'm saying that I have found that I can.

853958[/snapback]

Just out of interest, what actually makes you believe?

I mean, has stuff happened to you that you feel God has had a direct effect on for you to believe in him and everything else?

Like, is there something that has confirmed your faith to you?

Just curious :lol:

853981[/snapback]

Yes but I don't want to post it on here. It's personal to me. I know that must sound like a major cop out but I keep my faith personal. Yes I have posted some of my opinions but my faith runs a lot deeper than that and I only ever talk about it with my mum.

853966[/snapback]

I think people are already on a defensive in this thread and its so hard as it is to write your opinion without it being taken a different way to how it was intended. This thread is just amplifying the difficulty of expressing yourself through this medium. This is only my opinion folks! My religion is personal to me and I'm only sharing it because I was asked! I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong. I'm not slating anyone elses opinion. I'm just posting my own! *hopes that is clear now* :o

853983[/snapback]

I've never said your beliefs were right or wrong, I'd never be so offensive to do that to anyones faith, I respect people who have a faith and I try to learn about them. Religion fascinates me and I read teachings all the time as I believe that for me to live an enlightened and fufilled life I should open my eyes to everything and not shackle myself a fixed point.

It wasn't a point made at you specifically, it was said to point out that everyone has the right to follow their faith or live without if they choose, happiness is all that matters.

853995[/snapback]

oh I know hun, I wasn't saying you were! *kicks blasted forum* I was just trying to make it clear that by me posting my opinion I wasn't trying to say that anyone is wrong or right. I would never be so disrespectful to anyone either.

*nods in agreement to your last point*

I don't want to cause any arguments!! don't hate me!!!! :lol: :lol:

oh I know hun, I wasn't saying you were! *kicks blasted forum* I was just trying to make it clear that by me posting my opinion I wasn't trying to say that anyone is wrong or right. I would never be so disrespectful to anyone either.

I don't want to cause any arguments!! don't hate me!!!! :lol: :lol:

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

lol.. see this is why I hate doing discussions on here, sometimes it's easier to talk face to face, forums can lead to people getting worried about stuff..

*hands out icecreams again*

I don't want to cause any arguments!! don't hate me!!!! :wub::o

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

lol.. see this is why I hate doing discussions on here, sometimes it's easier to talk face to face, forums can lead to people getting worried about stuff..

854013[/snapback]

*squishes back*

I know! it's so hard to express yourself on these things. I would love to talk to you about it one day tho!

I don't want to cause any arguments!! don't hate me!!!! :o :o

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

854013[/snapback]

*squishes back*

I know! it's so hard to express yourself on these things. I would love to talk to you about it one day tho!

854022[/snapback]

Be about time we met lol! Or have we... hmm :wub:

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

854013[/snapback]

*squishes back*

854022[/snapback]

854025[/snapback]

I don't know! I don't think so! We could have done but it would probably have been at bowling or at the party and I'm usually drunk lol we will have to make a point of meeting at C8!!!

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

854013[/snapback]

*squishes back*

854022[/snapback]

854025[/snapback]

I don't know! I don't think so! We could have done but it would probably have been at bowling or at the party and I'm usually drunk lol we will have to make a point of meeting at C8!!!

854029[/snapback]

thats makes you sound good Nell!! "I'm usually drunk lol" HAHAHAA bless ya :o:wub:

I was always told never to discuss this subject but i guess it comes up from time to time, I dont belive not sure why i dont belive to be honest with u all i just never have i dont push my view on people and if someone asks me i tell them i think its up to people what they belive in.

Ah see, I'm usually drunk too.

Well I shall be at the C8 party so look for the odd looking woman with ptenbob and hit me.

854035[/snapback]

lol well you will know who I am if you are with Troy cuz he always points at me! aww no I ent gunna hit ya! we could just get someone to shout "Eleanor" and when we both look we will know who we are!!! :angel::D^_^

I don't want to cause any arguments!! don't hate me!!!! ^_^:D

854004[/snapback]

*squishes*

854013[/snapback]

*squishes back*

854022[/snapback]

Be about time we met lol! Or have we... hmm :angel:

854025[/snapback]

854029[/snapback]

thats makes you sound good Nell!! "I'm usually drunk lol" HAHAHAA bless ya :P:lol:

854034[/snapback]

lol so is everyone else tho!!! :P:lol:

I would say that I'm agnostic!

I believe in 'something' but I'm unsure about what it is. I suppose I could call it my 'God' but I don't, simply because I'm still uncertain about it all and don't feel that I have fully chosen a religion to follow. Maybe one day I will find something that feels right...or maybe I will spend my whole life still questioning. Who knows?

I don't believe however, that if there is a 'God', I would be judged because of these uncertainties. Surely everyone would be loved equally no matter what their faith (or lack of faith) is. In my opinion it is more likely that we would be judged on the way we have lived our lives rather than the beliefs that we harbour.

I have many friends who are committed Christians. I'm also friends with a Catholic monk (believe it or not), Buddhists, a Hindu, a Jew, a Taoist, Muslims, Pagans and atheists. We all get on great and no-one pushes their faith on each other.

THAT is the way it should be! Religion should be found and explored personally, rather than someone forcing their beliefs upon you. 'Forcing' would, personally, turn me AGAINST that particular religion rather than attract me to it.

Whoever said that religions are the cause of wars is, in a way, correct. BUT when you take a step back and understand the core beliefs and doctrines of each faith you would realise that EVERY religion is peaceful and loving. Take Islam for example...it has had so much negative 'publicity' and many people blame the religion for conflict when, in fact, it is people (extremists) who have ABUSED the religion which consequently causes war etc...not the religion itself!

Genuine committed Muslims would never dream of harming anyone, and this goes for Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc (Islam was just used as an example)

Soooo, what am I getting at?

Basically, I'm just repeating what has already been said aren't I? Well, I agree with you...tolerance is the key in this debate. People may disagree with others beliefs, but NO-ONE has the right to judge others. Instead people should try to learn from each other and question and explore...but never judge. Otherwise, you're just being as bad as a racist or a homophobe; judgement without understanding

Did someone offer ice-cream?

:D