Useful information

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Its nice to know when your coming all the way from London.

Euston is the train station you want. Depending on the train, it should only take you 45mins to get there. Try and get on a Virgin train since these are normally a direct serivce and MK is normally the 1st or 2nd stop.

I used to travel alot to MK from London by train, now I drive it!

Euston is the train station you want. Depending on the train, it should only take you 45mins to get there. Try and get on a Virgin train since these are normally a direct serivce and MK is normally the 1st or 2nd stop.

Thanks... I'm using thetrainline.com to find my way there (being from Denmark I have absolutely NO idea how the british train-system works) :D

Is it true that the only way to get from London to MK on sunday is by bus?

Euston is the train station you want.  Depending on the train, it should only take you 45mins to get there.  Try and get on a Virgin train since these are normally a direct serivce and MK is normally the 1st or 2nd stop.

Thanks... I'm using thetrainline.com to find my way there (being from Denmark I have absolutely NO idea how the british train-system works) :D

Is it true that the only way to get from London to MK on sunday is by bus?

Basically yes. You must have heard how crap the rail system is in Britain! You can go so far on the train and then you have to change onto a coach. If you are coming on Sunday, probably be easier to get a coach from Victoria (London train station) to MK Coach way. This is something like £12 return. You can find these at http://www.nationalexpress.co.uk.

The coach way is quite a walk but there are buses that run into the centre from 10am (I believe) and that takes about 20mins.

Edited by emotionalvampire

Why is the sky blue :P ?

Thats due to the wavelength of blue light.

You know that white light is made up of many colours (like a rainbow).

When the light from the sun hits our atmosphere, the blue light waves go through the oxygen and nitrogen, its light is scattered in all directions because of this collision.

Thats why the sky looks blue!

Hehehe, thanks for that lesson! You know I actually never knew that. I was always told be cause it reflects off of the ocean...hmmm!

The ocean is blue, actualy a light blue. This is due to water molecules actualy having a light blue colour.

If it looks green in places, this isnt normally due to pollution, but a build up of plancton!

Costume Competition

I have asked this question so many times, and it hasn't been answered yet.

When are the costume competitions taking part?

Thank you

Salogel

EXACLTY!! I WANT TO KNOW TOO!! DAMN IT!! WHAT TIME IS IT GOING ON? WHEN? WHAT DAY? HOW DO WE ENTER? PRIZES?? TELL MEEE! *faints*

Simone, and Salogel, and whoever else needs to know about the costume competition, once the relevant information is organised and available then I am sure it will be released to the forum. Up until the point where we can give you the information, we just ask for your patience thank you. There is no need to go crazy and shout at us and faint, I am sure the situation will be made clear soon. Sorry but patience is the best way to go for now.

Fox

Edited by fox mulder

Why is the sky blue :rolleyes: ?

When the light from the sun hits our atmosphere, the blue light waves go through the oxygen and nitrogen, its light is scattered in all directions because of this collision.

cool! Is it really or did u just make up a load of crap? Thats very interesting...

Why is the sky blue :rolleyes: ?

cool! Is it really or did u just make up a load of crap? Thats very interesting...

Sorry, that is 100% correct, all be it the quick explanation.

I don't suppose any one knows where I can find out

a) if I can catch a train from Stevenage to Milton Keynes, or whether I'm gonna have to go to Kings Cross then transfer to Euston

:D a map showing the railway station at the centre (I'm planning on walking anyway because I have no job and am only gona spend the lil' money I have on the train and autographs ^^; )

• 2 weeks later...

:D;)

Hi I'm very new to all this so excuse my rather basic question, but..... when you get a ticket for the virtual queue does that cover your whole party (Me,wife,two kids) or do you need a ticket each?

also

What time will the doors open, have the doors ever opened slightly early on other collectormania events?

also

Will everyone in my familly be able to have there photos done individually for the price of a single autograph or would this be frowned upon?

Hi I'm very new to all this so excuse my rather basic question, but..... when you get a ticket for the virtual queue does that cover your whole party (Me,wife,two kids) or do you need a ticket each?

You need to get a ticket each. Tickets will be given out one per person so if four of you need tickets four people will need to go to collect them.

What time will the doors open, have the doors ever opened slightly early on other collectormania events?

The centre doors will be open before Collectormania starts. But not by much

Will everyone in my familly be able to have their photos done individually for the price of a single autograph or would this be frowned upon?

It will depend on the length of the queue. If its a popular guest with a long queue then this wouldn't be possible. If the guest has a shorter queue then you can spend more time with them and have individual photos if you wish and the guest doesn't mind.

David

Thanks for the info Dave

We only spotted the Collectormania website for the first time yesterday, my 15 year old daughter is bouncing off the walls at the prospect of meeting Elijah (and I'm going a bit weak at the knees thinking about meeting Roxann Dawson lol)....Should be a good day out.

Thanks