BOOK 7 - SPOLIERS!

samwise16

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why cant she write the mauraders??? tut!

I agree! :D

Only one ickle problem with that...by this point the majority of people will have decided for themselves how the marauders would have been and well if she did write their story then it would either be very disappointing for some and brilliant for others or just a big let down

Only one ickle problem with that...by this point the majority of people will have decided for themselves how the marauders would have been and well if she did write their story then it would either be very disappointing for some and brilliant for others or just a big let down

you could say the same thing about all the HP books. but just look at all the characters change in that. yes they are growing up... but they are still different and may be different again in the next one.

=x=

you could say the same thing about all the HP books. but just look at all the characters change in that. yes they are growing up... but they are still different and may be different again in the next one.

=x=

it's a slightly different context, we've been shown the marauders through a range of eyes, not just Harry's prespective like the other characters, it's a much more complicated start point to write a book from than to develop characters over the course of a series.

what if harry is the final horcrux???

=x=

Well then both Harry and Voldermort would have to die. Hope it doesn't come to the same situtation where somebody has to kill Harry so the rest can kill voldermort. In a way Harry is kind of a Horcrux because part of Voldermort lives in Harry.

im not so sure....

what if there is some way to get out Voldemorts soul? im thinking that maybe the dementors come into it? what if they can extract one soul and be stopped before they take the other?

might be nice if voldemorts soul goes first though.

=x=

BUT the Dementors are greedy and I don't think they would just stop with the one...afterall they are on Voldermort's side.

oh no! i dont think they would stop of there own accord. they would have to be stopped. we know that all the members of the DA are capable of performing the patronus charm.

=x=

But how would they know if the Dementors had gone too far?They wouldn't. I am just wondering how else they will be able to get around if, that is IF Harry is a horcrux.

I hope the seventh book is HUGE and JK tidies up all loose ends.

=x=

Well then both Harry and Voldermort would have to die. Hope it doesn't come to the same situtation where somebody has to kill Harry so the rest can kill voldermort. In a way Harry is kind of a Horcrux because part of Voldermort lives in Harry.

im not so sure....

what if there is some way to get out Voldemorts soul? im thinking that maybe the dementors come into it? what if they can extract one soul and be stopped before they take the other?

=x=

BUT the Dementors are greedy and I don't think they would just stop with the one...afterall they are on Voldermort's side.

oh no! i dont think they would stop of there own accord. they would have to be stopped. we know that all the members of the DA are capable of performing the patronus charm.

=x=

But how would they know if the Dementors had gone too far?They wouldn't. I am just wondering how else they will be able to get around if, that is IF Harry is a horcrux.

thast the thing.... i dont think they will know as such. its a risk that i think harry... being the nobel hero will be willing to take.

=x=

=x=

im not so sure....

=x=

=x=

thast the thing.... i dont think they will know as such. its a risk that i think harry... being the nobel hero will be willing to take.

=x=

True true

I mean nobody really knows til the last book comes out. To be honest I don't know if Harry is going to survive. I may be wrong though.

Who do you reckon JK is gonna bump off next?

well... i have had a horrible feeling about ron for a long long time. but im not convinced yet.

as for if harry survives... i keep changing sides. i was convinced he woudl live. then i changed my mind. i went through a phase of not really knowing and now i am back on thinking he will survive because of my horcrux/dementor theory

=x=

JK said over the weekend she thinks itll be about OOTP length but possibly longer.

i honestly dont want anymore than 7 (i can hear the gasps). i think to write anymore would just be taking it too far. I believe her when she says that by the time shes finished we'll have all the information we need. I think if there are any unanswered questionms by the end that arent really important she will finally be able to answer them without having to hold back.

I agree with Tippin, it would be difficult to go back and write about James and Lily etc, and i dont see how it would have relevance. We know now what gruesome end coems to them it would ruin the ending and quite frnakly have a sad but expected ending that would basically make it a dull story.

i have a feeling about the books now that 7 will be enough, and even though i dont want it to end i feel that its time for the final showdown as it were and harry needs to finally face his enemies and come to grips with everything that has happened

I think (as mentioned previously) that the scar on Harry's head is the final horcrux. Think about it, he got it when Harry's parents were killed (being one of the conditions of the spell)... I don;t think there's any doubt that Voldemort intended to split part of his soul at that time, what if he just screwed it up a bit? Would also further explain Harry's link to Voldemort.

I don;t think Harry will die... I think Ginny will save him, he's already proper falling in love with her.

I cant see Harry being the final Horcrux, 1 its far too obvious and as we know JK she doesnt like to keep things obvious, and why would Voldemort put a Horcrux in Harry when he intended to Kill him. The prophecy said that Harry would be the fall of him, so he would just need to kill him and everything would be fine. Voldemort's Avada Kedavra back fired and Voldy nearly died, he would have not put a Horcrux in Harry if he was going to kill him, what would be the point?

I cant see Harry being the final Horcrux, 1 its far too obvious and as we know JK she doesnt like to keep things obvious, and why would Voldemort put a Horcrux in Harry when he intended to Kill him. The prophecy said that Harry would be the fall of him, so he would just need to kill him and everything would be fine. Voldemort's Avada Kedavra back fired and Voldy nearly died, he would have not put a Horcrux in Harry if he was going to kill him, what would be the point?

Very true

It was an accident

Hi,

My head is still a bit muggy this morning (was up finishing off the book) - so apologies for spelling/grammer etc.

In the book Harry asks Dumbledoere about putting one of the Horcrux's in a living being (the snake) Dumbledore agrees, but warns that it is dangerous to put part of your soul into a living thing - as they can think for themselves. Maybe that is where Harry has the advantage?

Hi,

My head is still a bit muggy this morning (was up finishing off the book) - so apologies for spelling/grammer etc.

In the book Harry asks Dumbledoere about putting one of the Horcrux's in a living being (the snake) Dumbledore agrees, but warns that it is dangerous to put part of your soul into a living thing - as they can think for themselves. Maybe that is where Harry has the advantage?

thats a very good point. surely harry will be able to control that part of voldemorts soul better than voldemort himself. i mean... voldemort cant even feel when his soul is destroyed.

saying that...how will they know that they have got all the horcruxes?? hmm.

but yeah... harry must have an advantage.

=x=

thats a very good point. surely harry will be able to control that part of voldemorts soul better than voldemort himself. i mean... voldemort cant even feel when his soul is destroyed.

=x=

There are six of them, that has been said somewhere in the book. "Seven is a magical number" or something in the conversation between Slughorn and Tom Riddle. The seventh was supposed to be made after Harry died, but that never happened.

The six horcruxes are these: The one that Dumbledore destroyed, the diary that was destroyed in "Chamber of secrets". Nagini, the locket, the Hufflepuff item and something owned prior by Ravenclaw or Godric Gryffindor.

It was an accident

How could something like a Horcrux be an accident for Avade Kedavra? It obviously takes alot to do a Horcrux and I cant see it being an accident. Also to be honest, if we could figure that it could be Harry surely Harry would have thought that and would have asked Dumbledore. :unsure:

=x=

There are six of them, that has been said somewhere in the book. "Seven is a magical number" or something in the conversation between Slughorn and Tom Riddle. The seventh was supposed to be made after Harry died, but that never happened.

The six horcruxes are these: The one that Dumbledore destroyed, the diary that was destroyed in "Chamber of secrets". Nagini, the locket, the Hufflepuff item and something owned prior by Ravenclaw or Godric Gryffindor.

there is nothing to say that voldemort failed in making his horcrux just because harry didnt die. we know someone has to die but there was two other deaths that night. what if harry is the horcrux but it happened by accident and voldemort wasnt aware of it.

also.. is there 7 horcruxes or 7 pieces of soul? by this i mean is there 6 seperate pieces and then voldemort makes the 7th? or is there 7 horcruxes and then voldemort is on top of that?

i ask because voldemort cant be classed at a horcrux.

so 7 horcruxes? or 7 pieces of soul?

=x=

there is nothing to say that voldemort failed in making his horcrux just because harry didnt die. we know someone has to die but there was two other deaths that night. what if harry is the horcrux but it happened by accident and voldemort wasnt aware of it.

also.. is there 7 horcruxes or 7 pieces of soul? by this i mean is there 6 seperate pieces and then voldemort makes the 7th? or is there 7 horcruxes and then voldemort is on top of that?

i ask because voldemort cant be classed at a horcrux.

so 7 horcruxes? or 7 pieces of soul?

=x=

The way I understand it it would be seven pieces of soul, with one of the pieces still being in Voldemort's body.

I thought besides that one item (something owned by Gryffindor/Ravenclaw) we pretty much know what the Horcruxes are. So is it not sure that Nagini is a Horcrux?

Harry being a horcrux is an interesting topic for discussion.

Dumbledore said that Voldemort saved the Horcruxes for his "important kills". Question is, if he planned to murder Harry and his parents that night, which of the three would count as "important kill"? :o

I think Harry, and hence no Horcrux would have been created. At least not on purpose.

But on the other hand... there's quite some evidence backing up your theory. Dumbledore said in "Philosopher's stone" already that Voldemort transferred a piece of himself into Harry accidentally.

I haven't read the English version in a while, I don't recall the exact wording.

Also part of the prophecy: "neither can live while the other survives" backs up your theory. As long as there is a Horcrux, Voldemort can't die.

I ask myself if the difference between "living" and "surving" was intentional? Or is the difference in words just existing for me cause I am a non-native speaker?

That indeed seems like evidence for your theory. Harry might be a horcrux, though Voldemort didn't intentionally do it.

I don't really believe in that theory, but I guess it is possible.

• Showmasters Admin

=x=

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but I'm not sure about it. He won't necessarily have to die if it is him, just find a way of releasing Voldemort's soul. It would also explain why Harry didn't die (although we already have some sort of explaination for that) and why he has such a close connection with Voldemort. I'm still in 2 minds though.

Question is, if he planned to murder Harry and his parents that night, which of the three would count as "important kill"?
He didn't plan to kill Harry's parents, did he? I'm sure he gave Lilly the chance to live, said something about only wanting the boy? Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong...
Also part of the prophecy: "neither can live while the other survives" backs up your theory.
Could it be classed as "living", in the philisophical sense, if you are sharing part of your life with someone elses soul? Maybe Harry isn't really properly "living" at the moment, just "surviving".

I do think it's likely that one of the horcruxes was at no.12 all along. There have been several references in the last 2 books about dark magical objects which once belonged to the Blacks, and when I read the bit about Mundungus and the silver goblet with the family crest on it in HBP it just set alarm bells going... It would also tie up with R.A.B. (although Sirius' brother never struck me as being brave or clever enough to stand against Voldemort or work out how to get to his horcrux in the cave).

So seven is a magical number, is it? Interesting how there's 7 books in the saga :wub:

Anything else struck me? Oh,yes. Just been re-reading OOP and in Snape's pensive memory when he's fighting with James he casts a spell which causes a large bloody gash. So the Septumsempra spell was already mentioned in an earlier book! ('scuse the spelling, I don't have HBP with me so I'm not sure how the spell is, well, spelt!). This also means that the "enemies" he mentions in the potions book were James and Co.

I do think there is some creadence in the idea that Snape's still acting for Dumbledore, that he was ordered to kill him. He was built up to be overly evil (how much do we all loath him now!) and we never did get an explaination as to why he was arguing with Dumbledore. He also "saved" Draco by fulfilling Draco's promise to kill Dumbledore. Who knows where that will lead...

I also think that Snape's house could be his family home, one of his memories is of him as a small child in a small dark room where his father is shouting at his mother. Could it be that he's stayed on there to remind himself of his roots? Just a thought.

That's all I can think of for now.

Andrea

• Showmasters Admin
7 peices of soul, Dumbledore said there were 6 horcrux, Voldy would still need some soul to live!

I still think the idea of Harry being a Horcrux is popsturous (sp?)!

:wub:

Yes but the horcruxes are only able to be made after you kill someone, and Dumbledore said that Voldemort was being all melodramatic and making them after important or significant deaths. It would clearly follow that he was planning to make one after he'd killed baby Harry, but when his spell backfired he may have been forced to change his plans and use Harry as the horcrux instead (although he would have only had a split second to do it).

You're right though, it does seem a bit too obvious...

Andrea

• Showmasters Admin
I do think there is some creadence in the idea that Snape's still acting for Dumbledore, that he was ordered to kill him.

However (now I'm contradicting myself!) you have to have a powerful hatred to use the Avada Cadavra, don't you? Mind you, he could have been thinking of someone else at the time...

And how many times did Harry try to use the Cruciatus on Snape at the end!? Naughty boy!

Someone did mention earlier though that Snape mearly deflected all the curses and jinxes and didn't really fight back. All the evidence is mounting up towards Snape doing all this on Dumbledore's orders. Doesn't stop him being a right B*****D though!

Andrea