Complaint about the PRE-ORDER PRICES

emmah

My friend and I want to know why we bothered pre-ordering them from MSPG and paying £10 extra on top of the show prices.

We did not mind at 1st as neither of us live in London and we only wanted 1 guest each anyway.

So my friend pre ordered 2 items from LFACC and paid the £10 each extra making them £25 and £30 each for what she and I wanted.

1 week later MSPG are selling all the stuff from the show on EBAY at show prices - not a £1 more including the 2 shots we bought.

We did not even want the top names - so they cannot use the excuse that we are is paying a presale price because the guests are so busy and they cannot guarantee to get them if the guest is so busy.

We will never pre-order if this is the kind of thing that happens we might as well wait a week and buy them on Ebay at the show price if we cannot make it.

Thats so unfair on your customers to have to pay more and then anyone who uses ebay can get the same thing cheaper than customers within a week of the show.

Also I would guess with ebay fees you are getting less than the show price for the item.

I know it is providing a service but it cheesed us both of seeing the photos we paid £20 more for on sale

by MSGP within 5 days of the show at show price.

We could not even choose the photo we wanted signed as they could not guarantee so they cannot use the excuse either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this 'complaint' would be best sent to MSGP in private?

Just for the record, do you complain to high street shops if you buy something, then see the same thing discounted a short while later?

Do YOU ever side with the PUNTER ? You always seem to give us a hard time in favour of SMs, MSPG or whoever ........

Just for the record, do you complain to high street shops if you buy something, then see the same thing discounted a short while later?

Do YOU ever side with the PUNTER ? You always seem to give us a hard time in favour of SMs, MSPG or whoever ........

Oh go shake your rattle!

I have some sympathy for your situation but by pre-ordering you guaranteed getting the auto you wanted.

It would be worth e-mailing to this query to Mick at MSPG who is very helpful but it is valid issue for this forum as MSPG are a major sponsor of SM events.

Oh go shake your rattle!

And it involves you how ?

Oh go shake your rattle!

Perhaps she wants you to think of her, while you are shaking your rattle. :D

Oh go shake your rattle!

Perhaps she wants you to think of her, while you are shaking your rattle. :P

:D:P:P

If you are a customer of a retail store and they send you - as a customer - an offer and when you take up the offer you find within 24 hours they go and reduce the item - wouldnt you feel as if they were taking the **** out of you ??

How many high street shops would have complaints if they did that ??

I feel this is not a private matter.

They offer presales to all of their shows and charge £10 per item for that.

If there are any new forum members I think they should know that as a sponsor of the show they seem to be happy to take £10 per item from you for a presale and then as soon as the show is over - sell the same item cheaper than at presale price and sometimes cheaper than at the show itself.

I can understand if you want a personalisation and that is a service.

But for NON personalised items all they do is dump a whole pile of photographs in front of the actors and collect them later - I don't call that a service.

And to rub our noses in it as a customer pre-ordering ?

If they have a sale every now and again with leftover stock then of course we all understand people have a sale to clear out stock.

But within 3 days of a show all over the internet and even on their own website they sell items that are £15 at the show for £20 after the show.

So why should I pay £10 extra for preordering a random photograph UNpersonalised when I can order 2 days later on the internet for cheaper and get the pose I want ?

That is all I am saying.

I agree it is nice to be offered the chance to buy as a service but feel that £10 price on a £15 autograph - thats a 75% " service fee " is very high when only hours later you sell them at show cost price.

It involves me because

1. ChrisMK gave the same advice i did, this board is for C8 related stuff not complaints about a different company.

2. Pot calling the kettle black, why do you even bother hanging about if you dislike SM that much.

3. I think you're a complete moron and dislike you immensely.

That easy enough for you to understand.

It involves me because

1. ChrisMK gave the same advice i did, this board is for C8 related stuff not complaints about a different company.

2. Pot calling the kettle black, why do you even bother hanging about if you dislike SM that much.

Dear Lady, you have just proven the aptness of your username ! :P

I was merely observing that ChrisMK always, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, shoots down other users in favour of a company's POV, be that SMs, MSPG or whomever. I remain of that opinion. Please go somewhere else with your meaningless playground namecalling.

P.S. number 3 is not a reason. :DB)

It involves me because

I was merely observing that ChrisMK always, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, shoots down other users in favour of a company's POV, be that SMs, MSPG or whomever. I remain of that opinion. Please go somewhere else with your meaningless playground namecalling.

:D:D

tis just like being in high school.

it makes my work day so much more amusing

Edited by red8886

........ and to expand on your second point (which also isn't a "reason") - where was it said that I dislike SMs ? Unlike some, I don't blindly and unquestioningly suck up to them. I give criticism and praise. Maybe not in equal measure, but I give them as they are due.

My opinion of SMs is meaningless in the context of this forum. I "hang around" as you put it, because I have friends and aquaintances using this board, and others with a common interest. ALSO !!! This is probably the best place to hear about guest announcements :D ............

It involves me because

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, yours never manage to be positive, must suck to be you and be so bitter and twisted.

As for my username, well who's being childish there?

But as per usual I shall bite my tongue and leave you to continue your little witch hunt against SM, anyone who vaguely likes the events and ooh of course DavidB. Enjoy yourself...

It involves me because

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, yours never manage to be positive, must suck to be you and be so bitter and twisted.

But as per usual I shall bite my tongue and leave you to continue your little witch hunt against SM, anyone who vaguely likes the events and ooh of course DavidB. Enjoy yourself...

You know what thats out of order everyone is entitled to their opnion but you are just being childish now.

calm yourself and grow up.

Bitter and twisted..................get a grip

Edited by red8886

It involves me because

I was going to start linking to the COUNTLESS positive threads I have posted and contributed to, but I couldn't be arsed proving you wrong.

My opinion of the person you named specifically is well documented, and will not become part of this thread.

Where you get the witch hunt crap from, I have no idea. I'm not a SMs groupie like so many, but I enjoy the events. Many of the autos and photos in my collection are down to them, and I am forever grateful to them. But that doesn't turn me into a sheep like so many on here (naming no names).