CSI-News Thread!

ciaraemarie

Hey, Sah gave me the brilliant idea of setting up a news thread about CSI the show, the cast and the crew.

So feel free to add any news such as new projects the cast are participating in, any appearences they make, any new shows the crew are writing, or just generally anything that affects the CSI franchise.

[]Gary Sinise has a band called Lt.Dans Band who recently played a show in Chicago raising money for the Pentagon Memorial fund.

[]Adam Rodreiguez (Delko in CSI Miami) has been voted one of Tv's sexist actors in a recent poll

[]Gary Dourdan will be playing Phill Lynott in a Biographical film about the Thin Lizzy frontmans life.

[]Gary Sinise has signed a 5 year contract for CSI: NY so the popular season will run up to the end of Season 6 (providing ratings stay stable) and maybe longer......

Feel free to add news!!!

KIWI

:D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIAMI SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Rory who plays Speed has left CSI Miami. I don't know how many of you knew this but there are a few articles about it!

Highlight the quote box to see the spoiler!

See I didn't know who knew it and who didn't as far as I can tell the CSI community is split in two - those who knew and those that didn't!

I knew a while back too but I saw the news thread and thought... I wonder....

A bit of news.....

The new TV season: It's a real crime at CBS

Charlie McCollum, 09:49 AM in Charlie McCollum, TV

It's no secret that CBS has built its current position as top dog in the ratings on some potent crime dramas, starting with the No. 1 show, "CSI'' (stars Marg Helgenberger and William Petersen, right). Now, though, people here on The Tour are starting to wonder whether crime has become the new reality TV for the network with too much of a good thing.

When the new season begins in the fall, one half of the CBS schedule -- if you include Saturday's block of repeats -- will be crime, court and cop shows. There are seven returning series: "CSI'' and its two spinoffs; "NCIS,'' the "JAG'' spinoff; "Numb3rs,'' which did well on Fridays last year; "Without A Trace,'' which now beats the once-invulnerable "ER'' on Thursday; and "Cold Case,'' which has quietly built a big audience and a strong style on Sundays.

Five of those hours are from the wonderful world of Jerry Bruckheimer, the high-powered film producer who has become the big player on TV over the past few years. Bruckheimer is stepping up with yet another crime show this season for CBS: "Coming Home,'' which takes over "Judging Amy's'' spot on Tuesdays. It's about a young prosecutor (the appealing Jennifer Finnigan) with a newborn investigating and trying cases in the suburbs.

Then there's "Criminal Minds,'' which gets a 9 p.m. Wednesday slot opposite "Lost.'' Not good. What is good is the the show's pilot, which is creepy and stylishly-produced. Mandy Patinkin plays the lead, an FBI profiler with some serious personal issues.

Waiting in the wings: "The Unit,'' a high-profile series from playwright David Mamet and Shawn Ryan, creator of "The Shield.''

Is this just a bit too much, especially given that the network lost anything resembling a real family drama when it axed "Joan of Arcadia'' and "Judging Amy''?

Needless to say, CBS executives say all is well. "We rely on our viewers to tell us when they've had enough,'' said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler. Tassler, who comes off as one very smart cookie, also defended the cancellations of "Joan'' and "Amy,'' saying the former's ratings had just flat out tanked and "Amy'' had run its course as a show.

But you get the feeling Tassler knows there can be too much of a good thing. She was rather passionate in talking about broadening the range of shows on the schedule, noting that CBS has already added "Threshold,'' a sci fi thriller, for the fall.

"We really are starting to aggressively look for different kind of shows,'' Tassler said.

We'll see.

In the meantime, look for changes in the "CSI'' world to freshen the original and perk up the look and feel of "CSI: N.Y.'' which didn't do as well as expected in its first season.

Louise Lombard, who played a recurring role as Sofia Curtis last season, will join the field investigators on "CSI.'' And it appears the unit -- which was split up last season -- will reunite.

On "CSI: NY,'' producers are promising a lighter look and feel and more consistent storytelling. Anthony Zuiker, who created the original "CSI'' and produced "NY'' last season, said at a CBS party that he is feeling more comfortable in his role. ("NY'' was his first time running a series by himself.)

"There is no Show Runner 101,'' Zuiker admitted. "I had a learning curve.''

Ooooo, I always thought CSI: NY was ment to do much better though getting top 10 during the first season is impressive!

Im glad the team are back together though the opening credits are going to be so full with Louise Lombard there too as Wallace langham is becoming a regular aswell!!!!

Too many stars for a show.

KIWI :firedevil:

*runs in* WHEEE!

Taken from CSI: Files

The Malaysian magazine Galaxie recently interviewed the cast of CSI in honor of the season finale "Grave Danger," which will air in the country next week.

In the interview, the cast had the opportunity to offer their interpretations regarding the different romantic entanglements on the show. For instance, there is the Warrick-Catherine relationship, which was nearly consumed in season five until the writers decided to postpone it for the time being.

To Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) it is obvious why the two might end up together. "The two characters, being who they are, I think they understand each other on a level that the others don't relate to, given our pasts – his addiction to gambling and my coming from a world of taking my clothes off in front of a group of men. We have gone through sort of the underbelly of life. We can communicate without saying a whole lot."

But while Warrick and Catherine have no trouble communicating, the opposite could be said of Grissom and Sara. Carol Mendelsohn explained why. "We found out this season that she didn't have a father figure because her mother murdered her father. So it's very complicated, her relationship with Grissom. She's attracted to the unattainable man, whether she will act on that is an open issue."

Another issue for the couple is Grissom's emotional detachment from the world around him, which William Petersen (Gil Grissom) explained, makes the character more interesting, but lonely. "I like that Grissom is an enigma. It's the real reason why he hasn't kissed Sara yet, because he has to keep something back. But I'd like to kiss her before the show ends."

But if Grissom doesn't act quickly, he might lose his chance. During season five, Sara spent a lot of time locking eyes with lab tech turned CSI Greg Sanders, who has had feelings for the older woman since the second season. "She really enjoyed that," Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) said. "Back then, she thought that he might be a little too young for her. But as time passes, people grow. And you are working long hours together."

But Mendelsohn admitted that regardless of the characters' romantic entanglements, the show will continue to focus primarily on the science. "It is not going to be a show about Catherine and Warrick taking a trip. It was just a desire to keep the show evolving and exciting for our actors, too."

*does a dance* Hahaha.

oooh...straight from the horses mouth. Good digging there Smaug :o

I can see the attraction for the various characters getting together...but I still think it would spoil the whole show if they did. I do prefer the subtle hints we get from time to time...makes it so much more interesting in my opinion anyway :o

Maybe when they feel the show has run it's course, and they don't plan to do anymore, (God forbid), then, i think, would be a good time to tie up those loose ends....imagine....the last ever scene of CSI..Grissom and Sara locking lips :D

Anyway, great to hear the cast thoughts on how their characters develop.

oh please PLEASE be Flack! the guy bugs me soooo much!

I like Aiden so hope it's not Vanessa :P (it's so great when 24 and CSI share guests! :P)

thankgoodness no one wants to leave CSI! I don't think I could cope loosing one of our guys! bad enough Miami is loosing some one and now NY! cuh! :wub:

Luv sah xx

I kind of guessed who it was. i have to be honest and say that it doesn't really bother me too much...simply because I never really got into NY because it was just on at the wrong time. Now it airs on Tuesday night, I can watch it, so I might find myself enjoying it...I am a big fan of Gary Sinise anyway...I'll just have to see how I like th other characters.

Check out the other news there...the return of Lady Heather to CSI...now that's something to look forward too...I wonder how they play it with Grissom :wub:

Edited by Strider

Definately something to look forward to yup :unsure:

Might be considerd mild spoiler by some though, I don't know really :unsure:

Oh major CSI Miami Season 4 plotlines have been revealed but as we've only just started Season 3 it's a little early to go ranting about them I say.

Is anyone watches following the american schedule, the premiere dates are as follows.

CSI New York-Season 2-21st September

CSI Miami-Season 4-19th September

CSI Vegas-Season 6-22cnd September

KIWI :blink:

Wow I've read so much about Season 4 Miami!! :wub::D Is all I can say... even though I knew the main bit for it any ways. It's how we play it in this RP I'm in. The only difference between the RP and the actual show is Speed is still alive... hahaha.

And I was so gutted when I found out I actually miss the airing for Season 6 damnit! *lesigh* I'll have to go about downloading AGAIN... bit torrent hates me though... *whimpers*

Sorry, did I say downloading?? I totally meant reading up on episode reviews. ;)

• 1 month later...

SPOILERS!!!! But juicy news you just CAN'T miss!!!

click here for the whole thing

About Grissom:

The new series is now going to find out what makes the man tick! Yay, so we finally understand what goes on inside that head of his.

About Warrick:

He gets married!!!!

About Sofia:

Looks like she's leaving! WOOO!

About Miami/NY:

The NY lab is getting an overhaul and is moving to a new building. Mac and H are set to meet again in another Miami/NY cross over. There's also another addition to both labs. Both set to be VERY interesting B)

But read the whole thing if you want :lol: