Hairpieces

MikeDonovan

How would you feel if it turned out your favourite star wore an artificial barnet?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if it turned out your favourite star wore an artificial barnet?

• I wear a toupee myself, so please don't make light of this issue
    • I wouldn't mind - as long as it was glued on firmly
    • It would enhance my already warm feelings towards that person
    • I prefer a tidy clean-shaven bonce a la Patrick Stewart in any case
    • I would pretend I didn't know, even to myself
    • I would feel shocked / appalled / humiliated / degraded etc.,
    • I would cut up all my autos of that star and burn them

The humble syrup of figs has a long and distinguished history in the entertainment world - such luminaries as Burt Reynolds, William Shatner, David Boreanaz etc have all worn a toupee for many years.

We can all agree that baldness has never been an issue - indeed it enhances many a persons image (Patrick Stewart for example).

But how would you feel if a star you had followed for many years suddenly 'came out', and announced that he wore a rug? :wub:

Someone asked me the other day when I paid for something did I have 2p, I turned round tugged my front quiff and said "Oh no its all mine". :rolleyes:

I think this may work better depending on your accent - I read it as someone asking you if you needed to pee, so... :headscratch::angry:

Someone asked me the other day when I paid for something did I have 2p, I turned round tugged my front quiff and said "Oh no its all mine".  :(

I think this may work better depending on your accent - I read it as someone asking you if you needed to pee, so... :huh::lol:

LOL brummy works best

:lol:

It can be hard when you meet some of these people and try not to stare at the hibernating mongoose perched on top of their head. Burt Reynolds springs immediately to mind.

Oh, by the way, isn't it a little harsh burning a star just for wearing an Irish, as suggested by your last poll option? :firedevil:

The question is:

How did Shatner's stay on when he did the underwater scenes in Star Trek 4 The

Voyage Home??????????

Did Scotty use some engine room glue on him?

And was it ever mistaken for a tribble?

I believe Ted Danson has been known to wear the occasional syrup as well.

Frank Sinatra, John Wayne, Brian Donlevy. . .

You might be better of saying something like : -

"I was in a shop the other day waiting in the queue for the till, and the guy asked me if I wanted to pay.... (etc.)

Dam.....

Yeah, yeah your right!

bet I never get asked again so I cant do that gag..Bummer!!

:P

It can be hard when you meet some of these people and try not to stare at the hibernating mongoose perched on top of their head. Burt Reynolds springs immediately to mind.

Oh, by the way, isn't it a little harsh burning a star just for wearing an Irish, as suggested by your last poll option? :P

Must admit I didn't meet Burt Reynolds - was his hair-hat a little obvious eh?

PS : - I wasn't saying burn the star, I was saying you might burn their autos ;):lol:

It was so difficult to not stare directly at Burt Reynolds wig, when meeting him! ;)

Luckily, at the time I was completely naked and covered in olive oil with the words 'I LOVE MY SHEILA' scribbled on my chest... so it kind of relaxed and distracted me. :P

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether a guest chooses to use a wig. I mean, if my beloved husband Ted Danson can wear one... then it must be all good.

:lol: Wearing them on a film set and in normal life are two completely different issues, eventually Sean Connery came out and removed his syrup, bloody good show.

Well,the thing about Connery was that he never made any pretense that it was his real barnet - whereas I think the real shock would be if a movie star that you didn't expect suddenly admitted to wearing a scalp-mat.

For example, check out this picture of Ben Affleck : -

benaffleck01.jpg

Now check out the closeup : -

benaffleckhair01.jpg

If it came out that Ben Affleck was follically-enhanced, it would be a big shock for a lot of people.

From my angle, I completely agree with you - I see it like a beard - for some roles Bruce Willis goes au naturel, for other roles he dons a bonce-coat. I tend to think it's just part of getting yourself into the role - you do what the suggests.

PS : - This thread makes a nice change from the guest suggestions eh? :lol::huh: