What happened to my thread?

gazzarelli

I started a thread yesterday and noticed it has been taken off, does it mean that Big Brother has taken over and won't allow free speech and honest opinions anymore. I have noticed on OTHER forums that free speech within reason was answered by an ADMINISTRATOR and said would look into without being taken off. Did the person(s) involved simply didn't like it and threw their toys out the pram??!!! :pyth:

I'd like to see the post though. When you remove the post it just looks like you're scared of anyone else reading it.

Very true

SM and the gestapo of moderators that run this 'no opinion but Showmasters' forum (along with the various asskissers on here who keep on puckering up, in the hope that one day that might to get to crew at an event - make this 'forum' almost pointless

SM announce guests and special events - which are then cancelled with no explaination or regard for the fans feelings

James Masters anyone? his name disappears over a week ago - any explaination? No of course not

Serenity Trailer anyone? UIP have made thier position clear - strangely SM remain very quiet

And all you apologists that will say things like 'oh but SM are very busy' and 'they jsut worked really hard this weekend' - dont bother

They were quick enough to ask what people thought of the cash cow £250 golden tickets - not so busy at that point were they?

*stopwatch running - how quickly will they delete this post*

• Moderators

Awww are all the nice people returning to the forum now? :lol:

... I'm only joking, can't be arsed arguing with u lot any more lol

Some people actually have very valid points sometimes, but I do think the anti-Showmasters stance will NEVER change, no matter what's done round here unfortunately!

Gazzarelli you seem to have a serious chip on your shoulder about SM.... I don't really care, but you seem to be attacking them quite a lot. But that's cool - this forum to be fair is pretty open, and you're entitled to do so.

Anyway, my suspicion on this is quite simple. SM probably screwed up a couple of times - so what - we all do it. But by and large they do a good job. What's the point of laying in to them all the time? I know you're going to call me an 'apologist' and state again that Showmasters have 'raped your childhood' etc, but honestly mate don't you think you're taking it a bit serious, like?

Edited by MikeDonovan

SM and the gestapo of moderators that run this 'no opinion but Showmasters' forum (along with the various asskissers on here who keep on puckering up, in the hope that one day that might to get to crew at an event - make this 'forum' almost pointless

SM announce guests and special events - which are then cancelled with no explaination or regard for the fans feelings

James Masters anyone? his name disappears over a week ago - any explaination? No of course not

Serenity Trailer anyone? UIP have made thier position clear - strangely SM remain very quiet

And all you apologists that will say things like 'oh but SM are very busy' and 'they jsut worked really hard this weekend' - dont bother

They were quick enough to ask what people thought of the cash cow £250 golden tickets - not so busy at that point were they?

Actually, Showmasters lets dissenting opinions on this forum. What isn't allowed is abuse towards other forum members (like when you posted under Cpt Apollo last night and called me a t*ss*r for answering someone else's questions, but disagreeing with their opinions), or when you call other forum members @ssk%ss£rs.

Often Showmasters can't give an immediate explanation, because they are involved in discussions with agents and actors which have to remain confidential. Sometimes an organiser is specifically asked not to comment on something, or to not provide the public the full facts - a few years ago, when I was running my own events, an actor pulled out of a show only a couple of days before it ran, because of a close family bereavement, but we were asked to say it was work commitments because the actor considered it a private matter.

Nothing strange about it - as I stated on the other thread, where another forum member was demanding answers (but which he then deleted when I provided as much explanation as I am able to), there's three reasons SM haven't yet made an official statement

1) They still have other work relating to LFCC to finish off first, which must take priority.

2) They are knackered, after a lengthy run in to an exhausting event; I spent most of yesterday catching up on sleep, and they haven't had the luxury of doing that yet.

3) Being professionals, they won't just rush out a statement until they have checked the facts, and discussed things with UIP.

They have stated they will make a statement, as soon as they reasonably can. A few people seem hell-bent on demanding one NOW, THIS INSTANT OR ELSE. Those people are going to have to learn some patience.

And all you apologists that will say things like 'oh but SM are very busy' and 'they jsut worked really hard this weekend' - dont bother. They were quick enough to ask what people thought of the cash cow £250 golden tickets - not so busy at that point were they?

One person in the office able to post a quick query requesting feedback is not the same as someone senior enough having enough time to get to the bottom of the UIP thing and make an official statement.

I have no intention of deleting your post, and I doubt the other moderators will either. Your name calling got you banned, not your questions, and its understandable that people want the answers to the questions you've raised. This post allows me to provide them with as much of an answer as I can until Showmasters are in a position to answer them officially.

Mike Donovan I do NOT have a chip on my shoulder, perhaps it's my pet Parrot! I am in my 40's and too old for those silly chips on shoulder things! I was making a point over that needed to be said and if people want to criticise or agree, it's their choice! I am not taking it too serious either, as this is a forum, I said what had to be said to the organisers, that mistakes HAD been made. I am just one in a lot pf people who feel this way.

Mike Donovan I do NOT have a chip on my shoulder, perhaps it's my pet Parrot! I am in my 40's and too old for those silly chips on shoulder things! I was making a point over that needed to be said and if people want to criticise or agree, it's their choice! I am not taking it too serious either, as this is a forum, I said what had to be said to the organisers, that mistakes HAD been made. I am just one in a lot pf people who feel this way.

Lol cool no worries - like I said earlier this forum is pretty open! It's only right you have your say!