war of the worlds prem

fugaziuk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i get there about 9am there should be barriers there ? also what do you all suggest i take to get signed? as this is my first prem i've been to. where's the be

st place to stand?

It depends who you want and for what film. I take pics from my fav films they are in for cruise im taking Last Samurai & Top Gun !

Just to contradict some things that have been said.

You do NOT have to be there by 10am. And the barriers will NOT be up the day before. This never happens, except for the exceptional ones like Star Wars, where people were waiting overnight. It is a massive health and safety risk, and the barriers will likely go up in the afternoon.

Collateral was NOT that busy, I arrived at 2pm and had the entire row to myself for an hour or so, I had one friend who arrived at 6pm and got Toms auto fine.

Its a Sunday, so will be busier early for sure, and there is also a lot of press around it. That said for a Johnny Depp appearance on a Sunday I arrived 3pm and was fine too.

If you want to be safe arrive by midday, and dont be put off by others saying if youre not there by 6am 3 months before you wont get anything. Tom is thorough and will get to most people: a 2nd row spot and an autograph is better than nothing at all!

It doesnt matter too much where you stand with Tom, for most premieres there are key spots, but as he hits most places anywhere is fine.

Take whatever you want, there are no rules!

As for rude people, its more to do with the premiere than the usual fans. When someone like Orlando Bloom does a premiere then fan girls turn up who dont know the correct manners for these things!

hiya,

I live in liverpool and have always wanted to go to a premire, how do you find out when they are and whos goin? Are there millions of people.....would there be any chance of meetin the stars if they went? Just wondering if i shud travel down just to try and meet them :D

Theyre on the westminster website.

No one knows whos is attending except the press.

Attendance? Usually a few hundred, maybe 1000 fans will show up depending on the movie and who is in it

As for meeting and times? Read the frickin thread people. How lazy are some people? No Im not going to email you, cos youre lazy.

Theyre on the westminster website.

No one knows whos is attending except the press.

Attendance? Usually a few hundred, maybe 1000 fans will show up depending on the movie and who is in it

As for meeting and times? Read the frickin thread people. How lazy are some people? No Im not going to email you, cos youre lazy.

sorry, I guess i was being a lil bit lazy. :pyth:

All sounds cool. Thanks for the info. :)

i know its not as big as the war of thw rolds prem but whne i went to the king arthur one- i got there at about 2 and there were like 7 other people there waiting people didn't start showing up until really late! So ig to a good spot and a good auto from keira knightly

I will be going as soon as Tom Cruise issues a full public apology to Brooke Shields....

Nor will I be paying a cinema to watch, Blockbusters to rent, or any shop to buy any film with which he has any connection.

I will be going as soon as Tom Cruise issues a full public apology to Brooke Shields....

Nor will I be paying a cinema to watch, Blockbusters to rent, or any shop to buy any film with which he has any connection.

About what?

i really don't understand how he has done anything wrong??? the drugs are dangerous!

And leaving postnatal depression untreated is dangerous too. Cruise's suggestion of vitamin therapy is controversial at the very least, and somewhat related to his scientology beliefs. Unless Mr Cruise has relevant medical qualifications in the treatment of postnatal depression, he should have kept his mouth shut, in my humble opinion.

Additionally his question "where has her career gone?" is a bit rich. Presumably he either knows she has a lead role in a major West End musical (in which case he is somewhat arrogantly dismissing that as worthless - care to try doing it yourself Tom?) or he is ignorant of the fact (and again should have kept his trap shut).

Just to contradict some things that have been said.

You do NOT have to be there by 10am. And the barriers will NOT be up the day before. This never happens, except for the exceptional ones like Star Wars, where people were waiting overnight. It is a massive health and safety risk, and the barriers will likely go up in the afternoon.

Collateral was NOT that busy, I arrived at 2pm and had the entire row to myself for an hour or so, I had one friend who arrived at 6pm and got Toms auto fine.

Its a Sunday, so will be busier early for sure, and there is also a lot of press around it. That said for a Johnny Depp appearance on a Sunday I arrived 3pm and was fine too.

If you want to be safe arrive by midday, and dont be put off by others saying if youre not there by 6am 3 months before you wont get anything. Tom is thorough and will get to most people: a 2nd row spot and an autograph is better than nothing at all!

It doesnt matter too much where you stand with Tom, for most premieres there are key spots, but as he hits most places anywhere is fine.

Take whatever you want, there are no rules!

As for rude people, its more to do with the premiere than the usual fans. When someone like Orlando Bloom does a premiere then fan girls turn up who dont know the correct manners for these things!

you can only guess, I am just going by what I am told. I go to almost every premiere and my friend was there at 8am and said by 10am there was no room and it was 3 deep. It depends who you talk to. I guess i am talking about in front of the cinema.

For collateral apparently the barriers were put up really early!

I actually think its a massive safety risk not to have the barriers up early - because this causes a big rush for the barriers and people get bruised and injured. I was also told at kingdom that if I said I was squished at all then i would be removed from the crowd (I could barely breath). What they could have done was to move the crowd behind me.

Also as well as the Tom Cruise fans you will have Steven Spielberg fans (or both, like me!)

You can only guess, the ones you think are gonna be busy never are (like finding neverland, what was going on) and then you have ones like Sin City where there are masses of people and they did not put the barriers up till 4pm! (V,dangerous)

I personally am not taking any risks, I am gonna stay in London and get there for 8am. When you are travelling from afar, I always find its better to wait an extra few hours secure in your space than get there late and it be a wasted trip!

I also personally would never stand on 2nd row as I do not feel safe. I;m not very strong and get moved around easily and thus get really badly bashed in 2nd row as I need something to hold onto.

Rickman and mine first premiere was Harry Potter and I got whacked on the head by a book and almost knocked over!

you can only guess, I am just going by what I am told. I go to almost every premiere and my friend was there at 8am and said by 10am there was no room and it was 3 deep. It depends who you talk to. I guess i am talking about in front of the cinema.

For collateral apparently the barriers were put up really early!

I actually think its a massive safety risk not to have the barriers up early - because this causes a big rush for the barriers and people get bruised and injured. I was also told at kingdom that if I said I was squished at all then i would be removed from the crowd (I could barely breath). What they could have done was to move the crowd behind me.

Also as well as the Tom Cruise fans you will have Steven Spielberg fans (or both, like me!)

You can only guess, the ones you think are gonna be busy never are (like finding neverland, what was going on) and then you have ones like Sin City where there are masses of people and they did not put the barriers up till 4pm! (V,dangerous)

I personally am not taking any risks, I am gonna stay in London and get there for 8am. When you are travelling from afar, I always find its better to wait an extra few hours secure in your space than get there late and it be a wasted trip!

I also personally would never stand on 2nd row as I do not feel safe. I;m not very strong and get moved around easily and thus get really badly bashed in 2nd row as I need something to hold onto.

Rickman and mine first premiere was Harry Potter and I got whacked on the head by a book and almost knocked over!

oh hun, you should be an expert at these thinsg now. you go to enough.

i think everyone will agree that the HP POA prem was horrible. but at the same time it was amazing. it all depends on your attitude towards it.... because i know some people who wouldnt touch a premiere with an extra long barge pole....

still.... i guess im a little insane to love the busy ones. and i will be arriving about the same time as poppy i should think. 8am sounds good to me.

=x=