CSI Season 5 finale SPOILERS!

tinababy

WARNING - DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPIOSODE!!

Here is a dedicated thread for all those who have seen the finale to discuss what they thought of it. Personally, I loved it, I thought it was one of the best episodes of CSI yet. Although I did have an issue with one scene. When Nick arrives at the crime scene he spits. Surely this could have contaminated potential evidence? Greg failed his Proficiency because he used the bathroom at a crime scene, surely spitting is worse? Other than that, I really enjoyed all the twists and turns that Quentin threw into the mix. George Eads was excellent in it and I loved seeing the guys work as a team again to find him. And the fire ants, urgh!!

Any thoughts?

I just watched it this afternoon!

It was rather amazing, though the addition of Quentin Tarentino as a director didn't really live up to my expectations. I did love the dream scene with Doc Robbins, David and Nick, I thought it was a welcome stray from the usual goings on of CSI.

George Eads acting was amazing though I still rather it was Warrick who had been in "Grave Danger". I wish the episode would've ended on a cliffhanger, if not, I would've liked it to end with Grissom saying "I want my guys back" to Ecklie, i thought that was the end, the extra scene with Nick at the prison at the end seemed a little pointless and happy.

Still, it was a top quality episode, a lot of tension and a lot of emotion.

KIWI :D

I think the last scene in the prison was to show the viewers that Nick was going to put it behind him and not carry the baggage of the experience around with him. He said to the girl that she should do that too. I think they didn't want the viewers wondering all summer about Nick's state of mind and how it had affected him.

*edit* I just read your sig, I love your reviews on TV Tome!! :D

Edited by tinababy

I really thought Nick was dead when they showed that scene of Doc and Dave looking down on his body! But then they went into black and white and I knew it was one of those 'Tarrantino moments'! And when they were digging and he had the gun under his chin I was yelling "Don't do it Nicky, they're coming!!!" ^_^

So many twists and turns and a total adrenaline rush. I knew in my heart that he wasn't burried where they found the dog, but I was still excited, thinking "what if he is......" especially when Nick could hear banging as they were digging! I never thought of it being the perspex groaning and cracking!

Hahaha, I guess too many people are good law abiding citizens here!

How did I see it? Well, a friend of my husband's aunt has a cousin who has a friend who has a brother who has a dog whose walker has an uncle whose girlfriend had a copy of it. And that's how I saw it. I didn't download it from the internet or anything. No Sir.

:rolleyes:

i loved the finale, i love csi! but its not very often i sit there with my hand over my face for the whole thing, really tense!:) not so much of the forensics but i think when we've known the characters as long as this its ok to do a full character episode!

kerry

x

I loved the bit where Hodges was wrestling the delivery guy for the package! And when they played the tape, that was so Tarrantino, wasn't it? I never normally shout at the TV, but during this episode I was shouting and crying and wincing! I really got emotionally involved in the story. And when you've loved these characters for 5 years you can't help but be.

I'm trying to find time to watch it again.

I think the last scene in the prison was to show the viewers that Nick was going to put it behind him and not carry the baggage of the experience around with him. He said to the girl that she should do that too. I think they didn't want the viewers wondering all summer about Nick's state of mind and how it had affected him.

*edit* I just read your sig, I love your reviews on TV Tome!! :unsure:

Ooo! Thank you, I haven't reviewed for a month or so because of other commitments but I hope to catch up soon. Thanks for reading :D

KIWI :lol:

Does anyone else who has seen the finale find this quote from 'Snuff' season 3 episode 8 interesting?

Brass: you know, I heard that these things (fire ants) can kill a deer - is that right?

Grissom: well, with enough colonies, they can kill people

Brass: what about our person?

Grissom: well, only if they also learned how to put him in a box and dump him in a ditch.

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

• 1 month later...
i loved the finale, i love csi! but its not very often i sit there with my hand over my face for the whole thing, really tense!:) not so much of the forensics but i think when we've known the characters as long as this its ok to do a full character episode!

kerry

x

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can FINALLY read this thread!!!!!! :D I've been GOOD for 2MONTHS!!!! :P

tbh I didn't evne notice the lack of forensic stuff :angry:

soooo much to say I've forgotten most of it !!! :lol:

Luv sah xx

• 4 months later...