(on behalf of my brother)

Rotj

Rots

ANH

TPM

AOTC

ESB

eep...ESB bottom of the list :angry:

yeah but my brothers 14 so he thought it was realy boring cos there wernt any decent fights except the hoth battle

My order is...

ESB

ROTS ;)

ANH

ROTJ

AOTC

TPM

Wow, ROTS jumps straight into second place for u and Noki. What did you two like so much about it? Just wondering really, I really enjoyed it myself! Just found it hard to place it so high though!

My order is...

ESB

ROTS  :P

ANH

ROTJ

AOTC

TPM

Wow, ROTS jumps straight into second place for u and Noki. What did you two like so much about it? Just wondering really, I really enjoyed it myself! Just found it hard to place it so high though!

My favourite aspects of Star Wars have always been focused on the 'dark side' and this is a reason why I really enjoyed ESB! It is the darkest (in my opinion) of the original trilogy and there is a lot of focus on Darth Vader (my favourite character) :P

ROTJ, even though it is my least favouite of the original trilogy, has one of my favourite scenes of the whole saga! At the end with Luke and Vader and the Emperor (who is another of my favourite characters)...it is so amazing! And then when Vader's mask is lifted off...so sad! That bit always touched me

Anyway, to get to the point! I think that ROTS has combined many of the aspects that I really loved from the originals...a plot focused on Vader/Anakin, much darker (the death of the Jedi is an incredible scene), and finally we see LOADS of the Emperor (something that we haven't really seen before now)

Just add some of the most amazing special effects I have EVER seen and you get a totally mind-blowing film.

Plus, I also loved the way Lucas has tied everything in with ANH...and I'm not just talking about the plot either. If you noticed at the end of ROTS when Organa, Yoda and Obi-wan are discussing where to hide Luke and Leia, the interior of the ship is so much more retro than in the rest of the prequels...it has much more of an essence of the originals.

And I love the tiny cameo of the Peter Cushing look-a-like towards the end. Genius!

Erm...did that explain it a bit? :jason:

Edited by theoden_of_rohan

Yeaah, that did explain your reasons and I can understand why the two darkest parts of both trilogies would be ranked so high for you now...never really saw you as such a dark person tho! :lol: Hahah!

I would defo agree with what you're saying tho...despite the Ewoks in ROTJ and Boba Fetts fall, I still consider ROTJ to be an worthy film. The Vader/Luke/Palpatine battle at the end, is one of the best and most moving scenes of the OT, emotions are all running high and Luke is but a few small steps away from taking his first steps (like his Father) to the Dark Side; all thanks to the Emporers cunning plans. The final determined strikes from Luke to defeat his Father, the way Vader helplessly looks on as Luke is attacked by the Emporer, Vaders final act of redemption. It's truly an enthralling battle and an appropriate end to the OT. The saber battles of the OT, just got better and better as the Trilogy went on.

I too also appreciated the end of ROTS with it's nods to the OT. What with the interior of the Star Destroyer-esque ship and the Tantive IV, the construction of the Death Star, Imperial officers, Tarkin, etc. I felt the last scene what with Beru and Owen looking into the Tantooine setting suns at the end, with the score behind...almost made me feel like I was watching the OT again. A memorable scene and it nicely joined the two Trilogies together for me.

Anyway I'm rambling, thanks for taking the time to reply! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...