Qui-Gon Jinns cut scene from ROTS

DarkElfUK

Dunno where this came from, but I would've loved to have seen this scene in the film..I think it helps explain the whole becoming one with the force thing a whole lot better.

INT. POLIS MASSA - OBSERVATION DOME - NIGHT

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa, YODA meditates.

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is...

QUI-GON (V.O.): Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON (V.O.): The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: ...to become one with the Force, and influence still have... a power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON (V.O.): You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

# 6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

# 48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

# 56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

# 60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

# 68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

# 71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

# 73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

# 74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

# 75: Anakin confronts Padme

# 76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

# 83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

# 86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

# 88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

# 93: Utapau windmill

# 121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

# 176: Yoda lands on Dagobah

Is a list I have which was cut out so some of that should be on the DVD I would assume

When Yoda talks to Obi-Wan about talking to Qui-Gon I thought you were going to see him talking to Qui-Gon. That part would've made a lot more sense if that was included. I was waiting for Qui-Gon to come alone, thought it was gonna be a surprise cameo appearance.. :lol:

# 6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

# 68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

# 86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

Is a list I have which was cut out so some of that should be on the DVD I would assume

Wow, some interesting scenes there, where did you get that from Moony?

When Yoda talks to Obi-Wan about talking to Qui-Gon I thought you were going to see him talking to Qui-Gon. That part would've made a lot more sense if that was included. I was waiting for Qui-Gon to come alone, thought it was gonna be a surprise cameo appearance.. :huh:

I would've loved to have seen spirit Qui-Gon, but apparently Lucasfilm and Neeson have had some disagreements.

Wow, some interesting scenes there, where did you get that from Moony?

Someone I know posted it on a forum I work on. I am guessing they probably got it from theforce.net

Those scenes listed are what are in the book but not the final film but the thing to remember is that alot of screenplays change between being written and filmed.

It is possible some of those scenes will be included as Deleted Scenes on the DVD but alot may never have been filmed in the first place but I would really like to see the Yoda on Dagobah scene (apparently the scene is part of the sticker collect so was defently filmed) and the Qui-Gon communing with Yoda scene.

those scenes are from the screenplay

I hope the qui-gon stuff will be in the dvd version. And I would have been happy to see Anakin killing Shaak Ti in the temple (that scene has been filmed).

Well apparently Liam Neeson had said that he was in the movie because someone at C3 asked Rick McCullum about that statement & Rick denied it.

So I guess it would make sense that Liam was filmed if he thought he was somehow in ROTS.

Or so I've heard..

• 2 weeks later...
Dunno where this came from, but I would've loved to have seen this scene in the film..I think it helps explain the whole becoming one with the force thing a whole lot better.

INT. POLIS MASSA - OBSERVATION DOME - NIGHT

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa, YODA meditates.

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is...

QUI-GON (V.O.): Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON (V.O.): The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: ...to become one with the Force, and influence still have... a power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON (V.O.): You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

hope they put in in the dvd

from Rick McCallum yesterday in the HS chat, about the Qui-Gon scene:

He never was recorded. It was certainly discussed early on and we tried some temporary lines with Ben Burtt doing the voice, but in the end we thought it was better without being so specific.

strange

• 4 weeks later...

'Qui Gon is not alive, his physical form is dead. If you've seen the Original Trilogy, you can see the Jedi learn to stay alive in spirit form and become one with the force or whatever. You can hear Qui Gon speak in AOTC. Qui Gon learns how to do this and tells Yoda'

Hey, this was posted in another star wars topic, when do you hear Qui Gon in AOTC?

'Qui Gon is not alive, his physical form is dead. If you've seen the Original Trilogy, you can see the Jedi learn to stay alive in spirit form and become one with the force or whatever. You can hear Qui Gon speak in AOTC. Qui Gon learns how to do this and tells Yoda'

Hey, this was posted in another star wars topic, when do you hear Qui Gon in AOTC?

Just after Anakin starts to kill the Sand People it cuts to Yoda meditating in a room and you can hear Qui-Gons voice.