James Marsters VQ Tickets

Well,well,well - I'm sitting here at home reading these posts - having not been able to actually go to C7 this time - and although I understand peoples disappointment at not meeting someone specific like this, I really can't believe the amount of whinging that's going on !!!

Think about it ..............what do you really expect Showmaters to do ?? Maybe they should stop getting such good guests - at least that way NO-ONE could meet them - would that make some of you people happy ??! Or maybe the guests who are going to be popular should go about cloning themselves before coming here and then 1'000s of autographs could be signed !! If there was no VQ why do people think that would make it more possible to meet the guests ? Surely it would just mean that the same people who were at the front of the queue to see James Marsters today would STILL have been at the front of the queue..........but everyone would have to stand around for hours and hours and hours - and STILL not get to meet him.It just isn't possible for everyone to meet such a great guest like James Marsters as there are over 500,000 people who come to the show over the whole weekend.

As it is, are you not forgetting that there are many other people to meet and plenty of things to be doing, which is made possible by the virtual queing system.

Sorry for "going on" but it makes me just feel so bad for all the work and effort that SM put into these things . Can't you just allow yourself to enjoy the WHOLE experience ??!

At least you were able to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,well,well - I'm sitting here at home reading these posts - having not been able to actually go to C7 this time - and although I understand peoples disappointment at not meeting someone specific like this, I really can't believe the amount of whinging that's going on !!!

Think about it ..............what do you really expect Showmaters to do ?? Maybe they should stop getting such good guests - at least that way NO-ONE could meet them - would that make some of you people happy ??! Or maybe the guests who are going to be popular should go about cloning themselves before coming here and then 1'000s of autographs could be signed !! If there was no VQ why do people think that would make it more possible to meet the guests ? Surely it would just mean that the same people who were at the front of the queue to see James Marsters today would STILL have been at the front of the queue..........but everyone would have to stand around for hours and hours and hours - and STILL not get to meet him.It just isn't possible for everyone to meet such a great guest like James Marsters as there are over 500,000 people who come to the show over the whole weekend.

As it is, are you not forgetting that there are many other people to meet and plenty of things to be doing, which is made possible by the virtual queing system.

Sorry for "going on" but it makes me just feel so bad for all the work and effort that SM put into these things . Can't you just allow yourself to enjoy the WHOLE experience ??!

just a bit ott :P surely people have the right to be pi**ed off :( alot of people would of travelled along way to meet james, so if they missed out i think they're entitled to a rant B)

Edited by vampwillow

people are not ccomplaining about sm putting on a good show i ave been going to cm since number 4 and never had a complaint people are upset that they waited around for 7 hours and how badley the whole q was conduted, i went to see james i didnt get chance to like i said iv met him b4 so i wasent that bothered and met other people and got piccys i wanted plus a cool hellriser box :(.

People have the rite to say what they think thats how things get better if every kept quite then nothin would ever change would it

i got there about 8am, andi didnt wanna meet james, purely coz i couldnt afford it. but because everyone was queing for him, i got all the tickets i wanted with numbers under 150 and had an excellent day

so thanks to all you people waiting in the James marsters que!!!!!

:(

People have the rite to say what they think thats how things get better if every kept quite then nothin would ever change would it

Don't get me wrong - i do understand,but all I'm saying is - how can it be changed in any way that makes any sense ?? The problems that people are saying about seem to be things that there's no real solution to.

Hi there,

i got to the centre at 7-45 and was let in around 9-05, and got ticket number 3 hundred and something and managed to get James easily later on in the day, as did a lot of people.

I do know what people mean, but i think it's down to your determination to get there before the others really, and to understand that the organisers do their best for it all, and there is always going to be minor mishaps with things like this, it's never going to be perfect.

scans on my site, please don't post links

tickedoff is missing the point.

which is.......

james' queue closed approx 2hours before his talk so that he could attend another talk.

thats why so many people missed there chance to meet him.

well i arrived there just before 9 and got number 940. we waited from 12.45 just to see james but to no avail. they closed the que at 4pm number 900. it was anounced by one of officials that he was going to the watchers talk, WHY???? as he isnt a watcher and his talk was booked for 6pm.

i had travelled a long way and could of left at 1pm. so could some1 please explaine why they closed his que at least an hour too early. that still would of left him pleanty of time for a break or whatever. and i have to say it was heaving today.

:(

:P

I do know what people mean, but i think it's down to your determination to get there before the others really, and to understand that the organisers do their best for it all, and there is always going to be minor mishaps with things like this, it's never going to be perfect.

its not really determination is it, its not having any ties. i would never take my kids to something like this but alot of families dont have a choice so basically those did'nt have a hope in hell of meeting james :(

which is.......

james' queue closed approx 2hours before his talk so that he could attend another talk.

the only reason i could think of is he needed a break b4 the talk :unsure:

If you get there early you meet the guests stop complaining, I have just done 600 miles (12 hours) of driving in the last 2 days leaving at 3 30am on Sat and 4 30am today. If you really want to meet the 'BIG' you have to put the effort in.

If you get there early you meet the guests stop complaining, I have just done 600 miles (12 hours) of driving in the last 2 days leaving at 3 30am on Sat and 4 30am today. If you really want to meet the 'BIG' you have to put the effort in.

excuse me i put the effort in as did many people drove 3 hours and got there at 8 30 and still ended up with a tix in the thousands

which is.......

the only reason i could think of is he needed a break b4 the talk :unsure:

I'm pretty sure he needed AT LEAST an hour to have a break. Get back to his hotel, jump in the shower and have something to eat! The poor guy was sitting in a huge green house all day, bet he needed to lay down in a cool, dark room!

Yeah, fair point. And fair play with the commitment - 12hrs driving's not exactly fun. It's just disappointing when you've been looking forward to this for weeks, then still get there an hour early and miss out. People have a right to be disappointed and where better than a forum like this to vent their frustration?

997 by the way. Disappointed but at least I got to meet Alexis and ASH :unsure:

Admittedly I (and many others) underestimated his popularity and this I am fine with. My main annoyance was that I spent time waiting in a line for tickets that didn't exist. As a result I also missed getting the earlier tickets for other guests. Obviously the number of people made things much more difficult but earlier announcements of the situation would have been more helpful. Just something for SMs to consider.

JAMES MARSTERS V tickets went up to 1500, best thing to do if you want to meet him is get there before the doors open at 9am.

Way, way before 9!! The first person was there at 3am!!

If thats true its both ridiculous and I have to say a bit stupid.

arhhh but people will do that u see :P

Just to clear this one up, the first guy there camped out from 1am, we got there at 3am and woke him!!!!!!! We did get Jm first thing but we agree that things were out of control today! oh and the early tickets went to the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there a shock thats wrong the dealers get the 1st tix bad news that is

Yes i'm afraid it's true, we were in the first five through the doors and in the jm q, our tickets said no 34?????? then the dealers came up with all their tickets and orders!!!!! hmmmmmmmm did'nt see them there q-ing at 3am!!!!!

There were a bunch of people being sneaky and hovering around the entrance to the shopping centre instead of joining the queue- when the doors opened they just pushed in front of me to get the tickets! Not really fair when you have been waiting there for three hours! :unsure:

JAMES MARSTERS V tickets went up to 1500, best thing to do if you want to meet him is get there before the doors open at 9am.

Way, way before 9!! The first person was there at 3am!!

If thats true its both ridiculous and I have to say a bit stupid.

arhhh but people will do that u see :wub:

Just to clear this one up, the first guy there camped out from 1am, we got there at 3am and woke him!!!!!!! We did get Jm first thing but we agree that things were out of control today! oh and the early tickets went to the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there a shock thats wrong the dealers get the 1st tix bad news that is

Yes i'm afraid it's true, we were in the first five through the doors and in the jm q, our tickets said no 34?????? then the dealers came up with all their tickets and orders!!!!! hmmmmmmmm did'nt see them there q-ing at 3am!!!!!

There were a bunch of people being sneaky and hovering around the entrance to the shopping centre instead of joining the queue- when the doors opened they just pushed in front of me to get the tickets! Not really fair when you have been waiting there for three hours! :unsure:

some people will do what they can to get tixs even if that means pushing people out of the way some people dont care that u have been there 3 hours or not :P

At the end of the day not everyone w3as going to be able to see him.

I must take my hat off to SM though as we had been queing to get a VT and we nearly got there before they ran out. However he walked past us saying hi to everyone and then one of the SM people behind him brough t out some pre-signed stuff for everyone that wasn;t going to get to see him.

So we still ogt his autograph anyway!

And as people were saying that NO pictrures AT ALL were allowed nor was any personalisation I don;t see we missed much!

I think the whole event was VERY well organised and I got autographs of everyone I wanterd to with no waiting for anyone apart from Jolene, and I only had to actually queue for about 1/2 hour max so that's pretty cool..

Nope, you miss the point Im afraid.

Tickets given to dealers before the fans, no information letting people know he would stop signing at 4pm, no information saying you might not get to meet him after tickets in the high hundreds were given out.

As for 500'000 people attending, dont be silly.

You didnt even go, so what makes you think people cant air their grievances? If these things arent discussed itll never get better. I hope tomorrow they sort it out.

At the end of the day not everybody was going to meet him.

However if like me u were 1 of the people who got a ticket, waited 4 hours only 2 b told that he was gone and u would have to do it all again the next day. it is upsetting.

However i'm kinda glad now and i'm 20 pounds better off it :angry:

Number 1301 here, I was told that I might not get to see him ( and I probably wouldn't have even if he'd have stayed the extra hour)

I saw you in the queue! the only person I recognised from here today!

we met james at 10am very nice guy but no personalising why not???

it does not take a second to look at a piece of paper if you are prepared for him

it also stops people buy lots and selling them on ebay, we said this to him and his manageress said she did not care then we pointed a camera as he was signing and looking down and she got up and put her hand infront of the camera and said NO PHOTOS how rude, nice picture of her hand though

if a guess is signing your photo it takes up none of his time if you take a picture while he is signing

that was just crazy and unfair, ok no posed i can understand but no photos at all totally wrong he was the only person doing this, xman 2 guy alan cummings said it but he posed for us we just asked him nicely

showmasters sort you the stars and get them to personalise this is what make you show so great we do not want to be a convayer belt like other shows you pay the money to them you set the rules.....