James Marsters VQ Tickets

:huh: Ok so when did they start giving these out this morning (Sun) because waiting in line at 10.02am we found out that they had all gone. I didn't think they were meant to be given out until 10.00am when the show started. So did 1000+ tickets go in 2 minutes?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got let in at 9am and the tickets were available for everyone straight away. We got James at about 9.30 and were 466/467. We got seen at about 12. Well worth it - he's a lovely chap. He'll be there tomorrow too. No personalising or hugs or ANY photos though :-( They did say depending on how many of the ticketed people they got through, they would then have an open queue.

Sadly I can't make it tomorrow. It's just annoying that the show wasn't meant to officially start until 10am and it was said that no tickets would be handed out until this time. I've never had this problem before.

OK, so we got there to see James and all the tickets had gone, I was told only 500 were given out. I know he likes to spend time with the fans but that is just a low silly number. There are far more that would like to see him. Anyway I am not gonna get into that too much, I have been to many C events and know the score....

However, tomorrow, will only 500 be given again as its just mad. I have never know so few tickets for someone so popular, look at the hobbits at C4 and how many they got through..

Its time the organisers just said that dont chat so much and get through a fair few. Its not often we can get James at an event not ticketed in the Uk

I think they should just forget about Virtual Tickets and let people queue up, or atleast make them timed so that people with tickets in the 100/200s cant just turn up when the 700s are being let in and push infront.

I think they should just forget about Virtual Tickets and let people queue up, or atleast make them timed so that people with tickets in the 100/200s cant just turn up when the 700s are being let in and push infront.

That wouldn't really work. Imagine if there was no virtual tickets and people just had to queue..that would be a nightmare.

Firstly because of the sheer length of the queue. It's badly enough congested around popular guest areas as it is, it would be horrendous if there was a queue of hundreds in the way too.

Secondly, I certainly wouldn't want to spend best part of my day standing in a queue. At least once you have your ticket, you are free to wander around until your number is up.

I just make sure I am there early enough to ensure I get a VQ ticket for those guests I want to meet. I haven't missed out on anyone yet *touches wood*

We had tickets number 951-953 for James Marsters queue, which we were given first thing this morning after entering the complex. At 4.00pm this afternoon, James Marsters was called away to take part in the Buffy talk, 50 ticket numbers before we got his autograph :unsure: . I'm sorry, but this is really bad organisation on the part of Showmasters. You knew what time the talk was due to start, so why did you give so many tickets out? Why not start the talk later. We waited seven hours, only to be told that if we want James' autograph we've got to come back tomorrow and start all over again :D . I think the 200+ people who had tickets after number 900 for today's queue should have them honoured tomorrow. I'm not so much angry as annoyed that a normally competent team of organisers made such a fundamental error. I really think you should consider letting us use todays' tickets on the 2nd May otherwise I think you may find yourselves with a lot of angry people at the organisers office first thing Monday morning. Also it would have been better to hold the talk after the official ending of the fair. There were only a couple of hours to go, plenty of time for the final few tickets to be honoured before the talk could have begun. I'll be coming back tomorrow, so hopefully things will be better organised. I'd really like to know what the other disappointed people think of this huge spam-up on the part of the organisers.

i missed him unfortunately, got there too late so m ticke was 1335 i think or soemthing like that and i had to leave at 3, but i doubt he would have reached that number anyway. We did try to leave the tickets with the crew member there but they obviously thought it wasnt worth it cause they didnt want it

We had tickets number 951-953 for James Marsters queue, which we were given first thing this morning after entering the complex.  At 4.00pm this afternoon, James Marsters was called away to take part in the Buffy talk, 50 ticket numbers before we got his autograph  :unsure: .  I'm sorry, but this is really bad organisation on the part of Showmasters.  You knew what time the talk was due to start, so why did you give so many tickets out?  Why not start the talk later.  We waited seven hours, only to be told that if we want James' autograph we've got to come back tomorrow and start all over again :D .    I think the 200+ people who had tickets after number 900 for today's queue should have them honoured tomorrow.  I'm not so much angry as annoyed that a normally competent team of organisers made such a fundamental error.  I really think you should consider letting us use todays' tickets on the 2nd May otherwise I think you may find yourselves with a lot of angry people at the organisers office first thing Monday morning.  Also it would have been better to hold the talk after the official ending of the fair.  There were only a couple of hours to go, plenty of time for the final few tickets to be honoured before the talk could have begun.  I'll be coming back tomorrow, so hopefully things will be better organised.  I'd really like to know what the other disappointed people think of this huge spam-up on the part of the organisers.

I also got there @ 9.00 and our tickets where in the early 900s. People who were behind me were getting tickets B4 me because their friends had got extra tickets (though it was 1 per person).

The tickets got 2 900s then James Masters was called off. We weren't even notified that he wasn't coming back. I agree that it is unfair about the tickets and showmasters should have either honoured the tickets or not given them out.

The thing is if I came back 2morrow how do i know that it will happen again? I waited a long time and I don't want 2 do it again.

Edited by Jedi_Redd

i was very dissapointed,i had ticket number 1111,waited all day to meet him only to find him gone at 4pm,why give out that many tickets if he wasn't staying long enough???? i agree with Mondasant63,the 200+ people who missed out through no fault of their own should be able to use their tickets tomorrow,i was there before the doors opened,i queued as soon as i got let in for tickets that wern't supposed to be given out till 10am,what if the same thing happens tommorow,i will have spent 2 days queing for nothing :unsure:

I was going to go tommorrow but the earliest train won't get me there untill 10am. This is probobly a stupid question but by the sounds of how it went today and how people will be turning up to que way before then, do you think that the tickets will be gone by then? If it sounds like there is no hope, I don't want to end up spending £50 on a train ticket for nothing.

I was going to go tommorrow but the earliest train won't get me there untill 10am. This is probobly a stupid question but by the sounds of how it went today and how people will be turning up to que way before then, do you think that the tickets will be gone by then? If it sounds like there is no hope, I don't want to end up spending £50 on a train ticket for nothing.

i wouldn't hold out much hope when they were giving them out at 9.00

We were really disappointed to find that all the tickets were gone when we arrived. What was even worse was the way they had set things up you couldn't even get a glimpse of him from a distance. I am glad we didn't get a ticket now, as he didn't want to pose for photos or personalise things you may as well have bought a signed photo at one of the stalls.

The venue was awful, too crowded and small, I would certainly never go back there again.

Loved the Daleks and Dean Stockwell though!!

It would be interesting to know who got these early numbered tickets. If none were supposed to go out till 10am why were they out at 9am and who got em? I hope some werent passed off to friends etc.

Also dont understand why tickets into the 1000's were given out knowing he would leave at 4pm.

Its not difficult, but those handing out the tix should be saying after 500 "youre not guaranteed to meet him and make clear he is leaving at 4pm, so people dont wait all day to find theyre not going to get in.

Also agree with the guest talk times comment, makes no sense to have these talks during the day meaning guests are dragged off. End the signing part of the event, then have talks so people can do both easily.

I feel sorry for those who got let down, seems a little communication could have gone a long way to making things clear.

The tickets were given out earlier than advertised because the queue was posing health and safety risks. the quicker the tickets were given out, the quicker the queue could be dispersed.

I heard the person giving out the tickets say that people were not guarenteed to see James with high numbers.

James was only supposed to sign 800, but managed an extra 100, so I think he did quite well.

The talk was booked so it couldnt really be posponed as people with ticket will have arranged travel arrangements etc.

The first guy in the queue got there at 3am!!

Edited by tiggerbabe

I am glad we didn't get a ticket now, as he didn't want to pose for photos or personalise things you may as well have bought a signed photo at one of the stalls.

not really.. he still signs it in front of u :unsure: you've seen how many people he signs for, his hand would drop off if he had to personlise aswell ;)

The tickets were given out earlier than advertised because the queue was posing health and safety risks. the quicker the tickets were given out, the quicker the queue could be dispersed.

I heard the person giving out the tickets say that people were not guarenteed to see James with high numbers.

James was only supposed to sign 800, but managed an extra 100, so I thinkhe did quite we'll.

The talk was booked so it couldnt really be posponed as people with ticket will have arranged travel arrangements etc.

The first guy in the queue got there at 3am.

That all sounds fair enough. No one mentioned being told which is why I presumed they hadnt.

Hope some senisble queuing system can be sorted tomorrow so people arent as dissapointed.