EP 4....what did we think?

lotrfanatic

A good premise turned in to another 45 mins of infantile and peurile rubbish via Russell T Davis showing us what an awful hack writer he is.

Flatulent aliens anyone?

Is it any coincedence the only decent episode so far (last week's victorian mortuary ep) wasn't written by him?

I was pleased there was Cliff hanger! I wasn't expecting there to be any!

Worried that its getting a little too slapstick in places - Mickey running into the wall and the farting? But it's great to see them going for it with the army and the aliens!

Next week should be fun!

I liked this episode, I have only managed to see two so far as I was in Canada before that.

I was never a fan of the original but I do really like the new stuff from what I have seen

I liked it but there were two main things that ruined it for me, the farts (funny the first time but was used way to much) and the 'Next Week on Doctor Who' bit at the end, whats the point in a cliffhanger if you show that everyone is going to be ok in the next episode, that ruined it for me.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the "next weeks" doctor who clips were pointless... i was freaking, then they went and stuck them up.

on the pluss side, todd from corries in it next week apparently.

I liked it but there were two main things that ruined it for me, the farts (funny the first time but was used way to much) and the 'Next Week on Doctor Who' bit at the end, whats the point in a cliffhanger if you show that everyone is going to be ok in the next episode, that ruined it for me.

I liked the episode too.

And I agree that the 'next week on Doctor Who' spoiled the cliffhanger.

I'm still looking forward to seeing it though.

Given that it's episode 4/13, you KNOW everything turns out OK, but I kinda take your point about the "Next week ...." thing.

They "you've been gone a whole year" idea was crap - too contrived and only served two functions -

1. Cue opening titles

2. Billie doesn't know who the PM is, ergo it wasn't Tony's body in the cupboard.

And as for "the roads are clearing, Ricky can drive us ...." PLEASE !! You have a feckin TARDIS ! Agreed too much farting, but the overal narrative was strong, and the overall tone and approach (cliffhanger included) is strict to the Dr Who tradition. Even with the big budget, the aliens are still a WEE bit crap / naff.

Special mention to the line in episode 2 or 3 that explained why all aliens speak perfect English.

Fair comment though that Mark kGatis' episode three is head and shoulders above the other three so far !

im liking the series as a whole but this wasnt my favourite episode. the farting was a little too much for my liking. im not amused by that kind of humour.

i find the whole thing rather silly.... but i still like to watch it. somehow i dont think we are meant to take it to seriously.

im still looking forward to seeing darliks (sp?) though.

oh and... todd from corrie??? really??

=x=