Note to anyone catching trains on Sunday

Hey folks

Was looking into train times to Milton Keynes for Sunday and discovered that due to engineering works taking place outside London Euston that day there will be replacement buses until lunch time.

So if your planning on traveling from London by train that day you might have to do a re-think.

Have a nose at this link for further details: http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/engineering/default.aspx

Sorry to the the bringer of bad news.

:blink:

Um... there is ALWAYS engineering works on those lines. Virgin trains NEVER run to time table on Sundays... if you didn't know that where have you been since virgin trains were established?!

Never catch Virgin trains on a sunday.

Never used Virgin trains before, so some other people who are traveling via London may not know this either...

Therefore was worth the message.

Especially also for people coming from down south or out of the UK and coming into London.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Virgin is the train company, tends to be quicker and more direct than the other train company Silverlink which stops a lot on the way to London, while Virgin only usually stops once and then Euston.

Yes that's right. On Sunday morning there is a replacement couch service instead which operates until about 12. after 12 the trains are back in action.

This is only happening on the sunday, any other day the trains should be running as normal.

Prices should cost exactly the same. The cost of the journey is for the distance and not the number of stations you stop at or how long it takes.

Not so - Silverlink is significantly cheaper on most of its routes, and their tickets are not valid on Virgin.

The days of fares being fixed by distance ended in the 1970s, now they are determined by subsidy and marketing needs.

Edited by oldnick

Yes that's right. On Sunday morning there is a replacement couch service instead which operates until about 12. after 12 the trains are back in action.

This is only happening on the sunday, any other day the trains should be running as normal.

A replacement Couch service? :lol::lol::angry::lol:

A replacement Couch service? :D:angry::angry::o

Heheh. Probably a lot more comfortable than the train ;):lol:

Thanks very much for the warning to whoever made this thread - I investigated with NRE and found out that I wouldnt be able to get in til 1:00pm from where I live if I came on Sunday, so I switched my tickets to Saturday. Great idea to make the thread, you've saved me hours of boredom sitting in a train carriage.