No new Trek for a while

Count Fooku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's an old rumour actually that predates Enterprise and shouldn't be given too much credence.

There are plans for the next movie in place although it won't feature any of the TNG crew. Berman is talking about doing another prequel. Oh dear, does he never learn!? ;)

And I can heartily recommend getting into the Trek novels if you are suffering withdrawal symtpoms.

Perhaps I ought to add the event I was told that there were no plans of any sort in place was an official paramount organised event. It was a distinctly downbeat affair!

It was a hell of a lot better organised and more enjoyable than Oinkamania.

At least I got to speak to Frakes and Spiner at the signing table.

If you have to pay £20 to get in, it keeps the screaming, swearing teenagers out.

Ok, it was downbeat. But it was well organised and it was adult.

Take your pick.

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps I ought to add the event I was told that there were no plans of any sort in place was an official paramount organised event. It was a distinctly downbeat affair!

It was a hell of a lot better organised and more enjoyable than Oinkamania.

At least I got to speak to Frakes and Spiner at the signing table.

If you have to pay £20 to get in, it keeps the screaming, swearing teenagers out.

Ok, it was downbeat. But it was well organised and it was adult.

Take your pick.

That wasnt a comment on the organisation of the event, that was pretty good very laid back. I meant donwbeat from the point of view that there didnt seem to be any plans to make any new Star Trek in any format.

'Star Trek' To Return -- In Two or Three Years

Star Trek producer Rick Berman plans to revive the movie franchise in two or three years. "I think that timeframe for a new, fresh feature with a whole different outlook would be fine," he told the British Star Trek Magazine. He also suggested that the Star Trek television productions might be revived. "[it] certainly would be possible," he told the magazine. "And the answer is that the powers that be at Paramount seem to feel that the time has come to give things a rest."

IMDB